Trusted Contributor

More New: Little Black, Little Blue Dress

Here

slim pant2slim pant3

Esteemed Contributor

Re: More New: Little Black, Little Blue Dress

Very pretty! I love the sleeve. Hope it's not going to be too short for me.
Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:
Very pretty! I love the sleeve. Hope it's not going to be too short for me.

Louis mentioned in his blog that the dress is 39" long.  I'm 5'7", and 39" comes to about the middle of my knee.

Esteemed Contributor

Cute dress, I love that type of cap sleeve.

Valued Contributor

I was hoping it would be shorter. This is the kind of dress that, for me, needs to be just above the knee. I look horrid with dresses below my knee unless they are maxi's.

Hopefully, it is one that can be shortened easily. I will need to look at it more carefully!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing that info about the length @Lyn08. I'm up and down a lot at work, so I like to have the thighs mostly covered when I'm seated. 39" is going to work for me.

Thanks for posting the photos, @anniebethsmom.
Esteemed Contributor

Okay, now we're talking my style. I need both!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Much too short for me. Two to three inches above my knee.
Trusted Contributor

I don't need another LBD, I don't need another LBD, I don't need another LBD.....

I know I will cave!  Love that texture.

Valued Contributor

@barbara in Virginia wrote:

I don't need another LBD, I don't need another LBD, I don't need another LBD.....

I know I will cave!  Love that texture.

I do not need another black dress especially one I cannot wear on a normal summer day.  Recently I went through my dresses and culled most of the ones that no longer fit or that I no longer loved.  I made a list of them.  Out of 30 dresses 7 of these are solid black.  Three are only worn for special events: Kenneth Cole sleeveless with exposed white zipper in the back the entire length of the dress, an Evan-Picone sleeveless dress with low draped front at neckline with a flirty skirt, and the Linea short sleeve dress with sequins (which I wore in March to a 1920's theme wedding which I actually thought looked better than some of the dresses that the ladies my age bought just for that event. I saw those prior to the event so I knew this Linea sequin dress would fit the bill perfectly).

To me this new dress is something for the office or worship or evening event not everyday wear.

I have a very short black lace dress that I like to wear during the summer to lunch or dinner. It is not practical for normal 

The other three are Linea: scoop neck that came in black, blue, and brown  purchased in 2014.  I have black and blue.  These are casual to me and can be worn during the day or can add some jewelry to elevate them to evening date.

And the last black Linea is the asymmetric hem dress with the textured material that came in black, turquoise, and white in 2013.  I bought this one in the black and the turquoise.  But these in size small are now a little too big so haven't been worn this summer.  These I did wear for out and about during the day and dining in the evening with friends. 

So I don't think I need another black dress that I can't wear for my now more casual lifestyle. 

My FAVORITE  dress is a solid sapphire blue sleeveless fitted Anne Klein for special events.  I also love the Linea Deep Violet and Deep Peacock sleeveless dresses (A224716).  Again these dresses I do not wear for casual wear. 

This dress is tempting with the new texture and love the colors.  But I suppose I wrote all this because looking at my list I really have enough black dresses (and black skirts and various black jackets) and solid blue dresses (which I only listed my favorite blue one).

My life has become more casual.  Yet I do wear dresses most days. Today I am wearing the Linea Tie Dye Purple Dress to Bible Study and then lunch with several lady friends. 

Where could I wear this new dress?  To worship or to Maggiano's Italian restaurant. 

Where would you wear this new dress?