Respected Contributor

I got all three pieces and love the look.  However:  I almost lost an earring since the back piece was apparently too big and fell off while I was wearing it.  Luckily someone saw the earring and gave it to me.  Yes, I do have another backing which works, but I am disappointed with the QC here.

Secondly, I wore the necklace on a bare neck and found it to be extremely itchy and irritating - I now have a rash as a result.

I guess in the future I will wear it only with a fabric top underneath it.  Again -  disappointed.

Guess I'm lucky that the beads aren't falling off though as some have noted.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Maasi Jewelry

[ Edited ]

That happened to me today too!!!  One of the earrings fell off.  I noticed when I was getting in the car to go to work.  I retraced my steps and was so disappointed that I didn't find the earring.  My husband called me at work and told me that he found it outside close to where my car was parked.  I'm going to have to find a back that fits tighter.  They ARE beautiful, and light weight.  I didn't even notice at first that one was not there.  I looked in the car mirror to admire them, and that's when I noticed that one was gone.  Be careful!

Respected Contributor

I think the post is too short. I have fat earlobes and once in a blue moon the earing post is too short. I suspect this is the reason the fell off. I'm going to wear them with happy backs.

Respected Contributor

Re: Maasi Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

I think the post is too short. I have fat earlobes and once in a blue moon the earing post is too short. I suspect this is the reason the fell off. I'm going to wear them with happy backs.

Interesting comment.  The posts on mine appear longer than most.  In fact,  with the back pushed up to the ear, the post extends beyond that.

Esteemed Contributor

My post does not appear too short. It's long enough for me. It's the earring back that is not the proper size, creating an unsecured fit causing this loose slip and potential loss experienced by several posting here and in the reviews. I shopped my jewelry box for other options, and your local JoAnn Fabric or craft stores will have packages of this style of backing too.

@lavendar  What are happy backs? I've never heard that term/description?  Tks.

Esteemed Contributor

I wore mine to work last week and received many compliments.   I found myself touching the backs to make sure they were secure because they are so lightweight and I am not used to the disc backs. 

I did buy a small bag of butterfly backs years ago so I may switch the disc just that I feel comfotable that my earrings are secure.

The post appears to be long enough to give a secured fit.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Your exactly right, I noticed when I first tried them on , that the post is way too short for that big of an earring. I could barely put the backing on because it hardly gave me much to put it on.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

Your exactly right, I noticed when I first tried them on , that the post is way too short for that big of an earring. I could barely put the backing on because it hardly gave me much to put it on.

Wow then you have a problem worse than mine.  Not sure how that can be fixed so you can wear them.