Respected Contributor

Re: Luxury fabrics or brand feasibility

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

I think a small prestige "concierge" collection by Louis Del'Olio for QVC, in addition to his normal Linea line, would be FABULOUS!  I would spend more per item if it were something extraordinary in materials and design.  

I would also love some evening/formal items, tops, jackets, pants, skirts, etc.  I vainly search for things every year at this time (many events coing up soon and through the holidays) and lament that Louis doesn't have much here, although I have worn Linea to black tie events, made them work.  Even the sequin skirt of days gone by would be great!

But mainly I would like silk, linen, wool, suede, cashmere again.  I hoard my Linea silk blouses, wear them now like flowing jackets.  I'd like more of his embroidery, it was outstanding.  Embellished and luxe items are everywhere in the fashion magazines and oh how I would love just ONE new decadent piece from Louis!  

I still have and wear the Ikat jacket with jewels (purple!) and the embroidered boucle topper, which always stops traffic when I wear it.  The Chanel style jacket with pearl and ribbon trim might be worn again this year, a la Chanel of course, to a formal event.

I'd also like an expanded fashion jewelry line, again, very boutique and special.  His pieces are extraordinary, some of them iconic and absolute show stoppers.  I would think QVC would capitalize on his talent to gain customers, please those customers he has, and add to the status of the company.  We can dream....

@author wrote:

I think a small prestige "concierge" collection by Louis Del'Olio for QVC, in addition to his normal Linea line, would be FABULOUS!  I would spend more per item if it were something extraordinary in materials and design.  

@author  

This is really a brilliant idea . . . and IMO, it should seriously be in the Suggestion Box . . . Louis  - as well as so many other designers - bring back favorites like, Bradley Bayou and others . . . As you said, QVC would capitalize on the talent, gain customers, it's a win-win situation . . .  

Respected Contributor

@alliswell

I should probably edit my post and put it in the suggestion box, thanks for the idea!  For QVC to have designers and not utilize their talents is so sad.  Would love to see Bradley Bayou back, still have and wear some of his jackets and one lovely handbag. 

Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

@alliswell

I should probably edit my post and put it in the suggestion box, thanks for the idea!  For QVC to have designers and not utilize their talents is so sad.  Would love to see Bradley Bayou back, still have and wear some of his jackets and one lovely handbag. 

@author  

Heart  I hope it works!!!  You expressed so well the way I think so many ladies feel . . . and just maybe a like-minded woman in QVC management will read your suggestion and make it happen . . . I'll keep my fingers crossed . . . Good luck!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've often wondered while reading the Wen forum and seeing the comments about Chaz stating "getting credit(s)" for purchases made specifically during Wen on air presentations. Alluding to more and better future air times(or maintaining his premium schedule) and special offers for Wen. If this being the case, is true, we have a catch 22. The oh so often limited quanities in product sizes and colors have created our often 'after midnight' ordering before showtime. How can we ramp up the Linea presence with such a limited budget constrained by QVC and its buyers? If this air time ordering 'credit' is indeed true, well it just stinks for the Linea line. This must certainly affect potential new interest. 

If you don't read this forum or follow his website it can be difficult to order after the fact. Yes, stalking can pay off but really, how ridiculous. It's pathetic to have to chase for a pair of 'pants.' Others probably give up, losing the joy of an intended purchase. Or how about ALL those sketches Louis submits that are passed by the buyers. I don't see outrageous requests made by his customers. Pretty regular stuff often with minor tweaks, colors or the dam longer (or less so, petites) pant. It's apparent the longer length pant has been stonewalled in the line. Dead in the water. Leaving our money on the table is just so, well, dumb. There's ways to market and there are ways to market. Nepotism?  Stupidity? Indifference?  Or did somebody just plain ol' flunk! 

Respected Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@author wrote:

I would also love some evening/formal items, tops, jackets, pants, skirts, etc.  I vainly search for things every year at this time (many events coing up soon and through the holidays) and lament that Louis doesn't have much here, although I have worn Linea to black tie events, made them work.  Even the sequin skirt of days gone by would be great!

But mainly I would like silk, linen, wool, suede, cashmere again.  I hoard my Linea silk blouses, wear them now like flowing jackets.  I'd like more of his embroidery, it was outstanding.  Embellished and luxe items are everywhere in the fashion magazines and oh how I would love just ONE new decadent piece from Louis!  

I still have and wear the Ikat jacket with jewels (purple!) and the embroidered boucle topper, which always stops traffic when I wear it.  The Chanel style jacket with pearl and ribbon trim might be worn again this year, a la Chanel of course, to a formal event.

I'd also like an expanded fashion jewelry line, again, very boutique and special.  His pieces are extraordinary, some of them iconic and absolute show stoppers.  I would think QVC would capitalize on his talent to gain customers, please those customers he has, and add to the status of the company.  We can dream....

@author wrote:

@author  

This is really a brilliant idea . . . and IMO, it should seriously be in the Suggestion Box . . . Louis  - as well as so many other designers - bring back favorites like, Bradley Bayou and others . . . As you said, QVC would capitalize on the talent, gain customers, it's a win-win situation . . .  

Thanks everyone for all the Hearts on my Suggestion Box post!  

Who knows if anything will ever happen, but as long as Louis is still "here" and not gone like other designers there may be some faint hope that a small specialty line could be developed, or even something like Posh Logo, a very small collection within the Linea line.  I think he could knock it out of the park with his skills and design esthethic, there would be nothing else like it.

I also have to say I am coming from the point of view of a former size 12 and now retired and an 18 due to a variety of reasons.  I find it all but impossible to find things in a larger size that are flattering and that are not ridiculous really, hate to say that, but sometimes I laugh out loud at the larger size offerings online at various sites, and in stores too.

Because QVC does larger sizes without blinking an eye, and does them well, this idea would help so many like me who can no longer squeeze into mainstream sizing and have to turn to whatever is out there in plus size, and it isn't much especially in "boutique" styles.  

But it would also be wonderful for XXS as well!  We could hope for a few petites and talls too.....!  And yes, I'd pay a bit more for plus size (18W and up) if that would be necessary due to smaller sales volumes.

Meanwhile, I am luxuriating in my new Linea arrivals, loving it perhaps more than usual this fall.  I still have my lovely violet tweed blazer from a few seasons ago, the chenille blazer, the seamed wool blend blazer, etc. that are reborn with pretty new WK's.

I also picked up the sale priced safari/anorak jacket in black, already had the sage or olive and loved it.  I wore the new black one the other day with white jeans and the Linea olive tank and decided this entire look was so me it was ridiculous!  That jacket has all the style and details I yearn for, plus gosh, it is practical and functional too, win-win.