Honored Contributor

Re: Louis' photos: New velvet tops!!!!!!

@rochelleS  My drum major jacket is wool and has double breast, has toulle ruffle along the edge.  It is a lovely jacket.  The buttons have an ebony rondel look.

I also have the Chanel look jacket.  I have the pink with black trim.  What a gorgeous jacket. I still have it.  It is too big but I am thinking of taking it to my sweet little tailor man to see if he can fix it.

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@rochelleS  My drum major jacket is wool and has double breast, has toulle ruffle along the edge.  It is a lovely jacket.  The buttons have an ebony rondel look.

I also have the Chanel look jacket.  I have the pink with black trim.  What a gorgeous jacket. I still have it.  It is too big but I am thinking of taking it to my sweet little tailor man to see if he can fix it.

@Nonametoday, I have what I thought was the drum major jacket in black but although it has two rows of buttons, there is no overlap thus it is not double breasted.  The item # is A94751. Do you have an item # for the drum major jacket?  TIA

Honored Contributor

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday, I have what I thought was the drum major jacket in black but although it has two rows of buttons, there is no overlap thus it is not double breasted.  The item # is A94751. Do you have an item # for the drum major jacket?  TIA

@jazzbabe  Yes, I went and looked and that is the same one.  Sometimes clothing memory is not as good as it should be.  I looked at the ID number.  Yes, you are right, no overlap.  I also have the black boiled wool one with the black jet buttons.  

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@jazzbabe  Yes, I went and looked and that is the same one.  Sometimes clothing memory is not as good as it should be.  I looked at the ID number.  Yes, you are right, no overlap.  I also have the black boiled wool one with the black jet buttons.  

@Nonametoday, thanks for confirming what I thought was the drum major jacket was in fact it.  I am not familiar with the boiled wool jacket. Unfortunately I didn’t discover Linea until just before the time the Q was trying to get riid of it so I missed out on all the great wool and silk Linea pieces.  Thankfully it looks like things are looking up on the Linea front.

Respected Contributor

I am taking a pass on his velvet top.  I bet the black version would look great with the beaded pants.

Respected Contributor

I’d like to know if anyone has received this yet and if so what your thoughts are. 😋
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom I received mine in Sapphire yesterday...and it is just beautiful. The Q's pictures absolutely do not do this color justice. It fits nicely in my usual 1X, though I will say the arms are just a teeny bit snug (but that seems to be across the board with sleeves these days). 

I am pear-shaped and found it to be very flattering...love the asymetrical peplum! The fabric is incredibly soft and comfortable. Even though my arms are short, the sleeves are not too long.

Trusted Contributor

Opinions,please...

Does crushed velvet add pounds or camouflage flaws?  Been a long time since I wore it. Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

I received my velvet tops in black and red, and I'm so pleasantly surprised. There was so much negative talk about this top, and the pictures were so horrible that I tried to cancel, but was too late. I relooked at Louis' sneak peeks and kept the faith LOL. I am always an xxs or an xs depending on the fabric. Since this is a knit and hopefully stretchy I ordered the xxs. It fits me perfectly. I'm 5'9", and 125-130 lbs. The asymmetric bottom is fabulous. It gives the top a fresh look and is very flattering. I'm not big on bottom ruffles, but this is not your average top. I have the new jewelry to go with both tops. The torsade and the long station necklaces in the jet and red. They look incredible with the tops. Louis has done an incredible job of giving us dressier Holiday clothes and jewelry. It's been a looooong wait but well worth it.

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@crazycockermom I received mine in Sapphire yesterday...and it is just beautiful. The Q's pictures absolutely do not do this color justice. It fits nicely in my usual 1X, though I will say the arms are just a teeny bit snug (but that seems to be across the board with sleeves these days). 

I am pear-shaped and found it to be very flattering...love the asymetrical peplum! The fabric is incredibly soft and comfortable. Even though my arms are short, the sleeves are not too long.

@vermint

Thanks so much for responding!  I want the black to go with other items.  Trying to decide between blue and red.  I was hoping to see a presentation first, but I want to order today because of free shipping.  I think you pushed me towards the blue.  😊