Respected Contributor

Louis' photos: New velvet tops!!!!!!

•  
“THE SCARLET RED VELVET TOP”

……………….I was going to wait for this weekend to post the pictures of this STRETCH CRUSHED VELVET top, but when I saw the photos posted on the QVC site of this velvet top…I rush to post my pictures……need I say more!!!!!….WOW could they have posted worse pictures…………….I usually prefer velvet in BLACK or very dark colors……………………but this season I was bewitched with strong hued color!…………..SCARLET RED being one of them….For those of you who already own something in this color, whether it be a WK sweater, the Trench Coat or the newest BIG DEAL Leather topper, you know what a gorgeous RED this is. I would go as far as to say….the PERFECT RED……………My newest incarnation in Scarlet Red is my CRUSHED VELVET TOP, A343615……….Why Crushed Velvet as opposed to the normal smooth velvet? There is something about the texture that gives the velvet and the color more PERSONALITY, and it’s a wee bit less formal and precious looking…..at least to me….It’s a little more Bohemian, Gypsy compared to smooth refined velvet. I hope this makes sense to you……In the end it’s always a choice. The tunic will be avail. in sizes xxs to 3x. I would say the neckline is more “boat” than “ballet”. The sleeves are long with a TRUMPET CUFF…..about 5- 5 1/4 inches wide. What is the difference between a ruffle cuff and a trumpet cuff you may ask? A ruffle cuff has SHIRRING….a trumpet  cuff has none. It’s a smooth connection to the sleeve, and is more of a circle which always give a somewhat bias effect depending on how much circle there is. A ruffle is usually cut on the straight grain, and is a long strip of fabric that is than shirred in…………..Lesson given….LOL!………………….What gives this top its’ personality is the ASYMMETRIC FLOUNCE at the bottom which is applied to the top on a SLANT. This is a very important detail! The top is shorter on one side than the other, but the flounce is always the same width. At its’ longest point, the XXS measures approx. 30 inches. At its’ shortest point it measures approx 25 inches. This is MUCH MORE FLATTERING than a completely HORIZONTAL flounce or ruffle. If you have any hips at all this is always the way to go when considering a top with a bottom ruffle…. Also, a flounce with out the shirring will always be more slenderizing……Every time I see a garment with a straight horizontal ruffle at the bottom across the widest part of the hips I can’t help but have the image of the dancing HIPPOS in the Disney movie Fantasia. Ladies it’s just not becoming on anyone….unless you are an infant and up to 10 years old! Does anyone look in a mirror anymore? Especially from the back???? You will never have that “dancing hippo” look in this top……It’s the asymmetrical hem combined with a smooth flounce that prevents that……………….Red in the Chinese culture is considered a good luck, successful joyous color. That is the reason for traditional Chinese weddings why the brides wear long slim RED dresses…..They consider white a funereal color….Hey, that’s what makes the world go round!………….All that aside this is a wonderful JOYOUS top to wear to any Holiday function……Feb. 14th too!…….Wear it with a black bottom or a winter white bottom [ I love the winter white bottoms with the crystal jewelry and a red or siver/pump or sandal], or even the new SCARLET RED slim pant A298447…..Consider thge Winter White Ponte Pant with my WHITE LACE KNEE SOCKS…..This top is avail RIGHT NOW, and is scheduled to be on my Nov. 19th, Fashion Day show at 6:00am on the main channel. The Scarlet Red pant is avail now, but will be on the Morning Show as a  “hit” at 7:00am following my 6:00am full hour show on the Main Channel That’s the plan as of today…………………What could be more special or jaw dropping than to accessorize this top with my new TORSADE necklace in the Ruby Red faceted GLASS beads with the crystal fireballs, and mixing it with the new TUXEDO necklace and drop earring set in the matching red!!!! You have to admit….anyone walking into a party is going to be a WOW. This look is not for the timid!………….BTW, QVC does have some beautiful RED SUEDE pumps, and Leather Booties, but they are selling FAST…………Did I mention that RED has turned out to be a major FASHION COLOR, not only for me, but in the Fashion world at large!………………………..Happy Holidays…………………………much Love………………………….Louis

“THE SAPPHIRE BLUE VELVET TOP”

………………………….SAPPHIRE BLUE!…………………The color of this velvet top has the depth, and is as rich a color as the actual gem stone….The high lights and low lights of the sapphire velvet are just amazingly beautiful. You will know what I mean when you receive your top……………A heads up……. I know it will be asked….the BLUE Torsade is NOT the same blue as the top so I would not wear them together….but…..what does work amazingly well is the new PEARL and Cluster stone necklace shown above……..Unfortunately, it is on wait list. However, is my understanding that wait listed items are usually delivered. If the wait list is long enough that can prompt them to reorder sooner. There are so many other jewelry options that would look great with this top…..like the Torsade in the Jet and Crystal and the Tuxedo necklace in the same Jet and Crystal combo…PLUS the new Jet tassel necklace and the PEARL/JET and CRYSTAL bead necklace, earring and bracelet…..Put the whole thing on with the black SEQUIN pant if you were fortunate enough to get them, or a black velvet pant that you may own. Yes, you can mix the crushed velvet top with a smooth velvet bottom. Above, I’m showing the top with the long Whisper Knit skirt in BLACK….This is a very flattering and regal color for almost every woman. Frankly, I can’t think of any complexion or hair coloring that wouldn’t look great with this Sapphire Blue velvet…………………………..Happy Holidays………………much Love………………………..Louis

“THE BLACK VELVET TOP”

…………………………You know this Velvet top had to be avail. in………………BLACK……………This with the Black Sequin Pant and the jewelry piled on is just drop dead gorgeous! A real entrance maker…..It may even induce some envious looks from the other “ladies” when you take all the oxygen out of the room, because of how spectacular you look!!!…………..need I say more! I think not………………..This concludes the 2018 Fall/ Winter and Holiday season…………Over the past few months I hope you have found a few things to make you  feel more confident, and look more beautiful, and to make the seasons brighter and hopefully happier………..Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones………………..I hope you and your families have a wonderful season ahead…………………..I know you know how the up coming Holidays will be for me without my Jac…….. so all your prayers are very welcome…………..much Love………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Louis' photos: New velvet tops!!!!!!

Got the black.

Respected Contributor

Too bad he doesn't design for those of us who are petite.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I agree with Louis...the QVC photos are really bad!!

I'm interested in the black.  However the blond model in the blue & red looks big on top and she's wearing an XS.  I'm somewhat busty and wear a large.  Just wondering how it will look...those photos do make me pause before taking the plunge and purchasing.  I'm sure the top will look great on all of the slim ladies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love velvet, but not crushed velvet.  I had a purple top that Louis did a few years ago and it just makes me look fat-ter.  I love velvet, but not crushed but I am happy there are so many who do and who will have a beautiful holiday garment for the days and nights ahead.  Congratulations.

As an aside, my DIL whose mother was a 60s hippie loves the romance of that time and the crushed velvet furniture and clothing, so I might have to gift her before the holidays with the blue one.  She would love me for that.

Respected Contributor

As a 1X, I hesitated a bit...but took a chance on the Sapphire. The shape of this top looks perfect for my pear-shaped self!

The QVC pictures are dreadful! I would never have ordered (especially the blue or the red), if I hadn't also seen these pictures--so @Somertime, thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Love the crushed velvet but I can't do something like that. I would LOVE a crushed velvet shirt that is long, however (poet shirt style).

Those that can wear this, enjoy!! : )

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Love the crushed velvet but I can't do something like that. I would LOVE a crushed velvet shirt that is long, however (poet shirt style).

Those that can wear this, enjoy!! : )

@SahmIam

The purple crushed velvet shirt that @Nonametoday mentioned is a long, tunic length, collared button down style (if my memory is correct) that was featured with a matching long skirt. The skirt is a beauty in black. I didn't purchase the long shirt. Perhaps she'll post the item number and hope a picture is still available. I'm sure you'd enjoy seeing this vintage velvet...

Honored Contributor

@Somertime Thanks for posting the photos! Lovely. Heart

Honored Contributor

This top is very pretty in every color.  I just don't have any occasions to dress up this dressy.  I think it would flatter all body shapes.