Respected Contributor

Re: Louis asking for Opinions - Window Pane Shirt.

LOVE the color, LOVE the window pane!!

Respected Contributor

This reply will be of little use without the picture that I cannot load. 

But I have a Calvin Klein with an identical black/cream print. the style has shirt tail hem, long but not tunic. It has roll up sleeves with tabs, button all the way with rounded neck. 

For me the longer length suits the bottoms that I have vs the boxy shorter style.

I had several of those original tops, but I hope to see them in a more longer version but NOT oversized.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I still have my original (in the same turquoise shown in the OP), but I would not buy a polyester version.

Maybe wait until the next adminstration and that whole "tariff war" to end and a better solution to be crafted.

@GingerPeach   Tariff war has nothing to do with it.  We have not seen silks in years (LDO). They were all afforded the fair-haired guy.

I realize that LDO hasn't offered silk in years, @Nonametoday .

What I'm saying is that IF he does want to, maybe the economic climate will change in the future in ways well beyond these tariffs - thereby giving him another option.  

I don't know who the "fair-haired guy" is supposed to be.  Another designer or someone else?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I still have my original (in the same turquoise shown in the OP), but I would not buy a polyester version.

Maybe wait until the next adminstration and that whole "tariff war" to end and a better solution to be crafted.

@GingerPeach   Tariff war has nothing to do with it.  We have not seen silks in years (LDO). They were all afforded the fair-haired guy.

What I'm saying is that IF he does want to, maybe the economic climate will change in the future in ways well beyond these tariffs - thereby giving him another option.  

I don't know who the "fair-haired guy" is supposed to be.  Another designer or someone else?

@GingerPeach I'm thinking she means Isaac, he seems to be the Q's golden boy LOL.

QVC makes the decisions on pricepoints & allots budgets to their vendors. If LDO was on his own I imagine he could use any fabrics & materials he wanted.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @tipsy 

Wouldn't it be lovely if Louis's "wagon" weren't so firmly hitched to QVC and QVC's rules and regs?

Honored Contributor

My style is American Classic, love this shirt.

Still have the original black / khaki & the Turquoise shown, so purchasing another is not likely.

However, would need matching side seams.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach I'm thinking she means Isaac, he seems to be the Q's golden boy LOL.

QVC makes the decisions on pricepoints & allots budgets to their vendors. If LDO was on his own I imagine he could use any fabrics & materials he wanted.

@GingerPeach   Sorry, posted before I meant to.  The tariffs have not been on for yeas so you make excuses for QVC.  There have not been tariffs in years.  LDO did not make his order this year nor last based on tariffs.  He made them based on QVC.  What are you talking about?  The last 3 presidents issued no tariffs and he has not been able to do silks during that time frame?  What do you honestly know about history?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday 

???????????????????????????????

None of your post makes sense.  Wherever did you get the idea I am making excuses for QVC?  Good grief.

Clearly you either haven't read my posts or you misunderstood.  I never said any of what you seem to think I said.

None of my posts have to do with history.  They have to do with hope and inspiration for the future.  So sorry you apparently think otherwise.

QVC Customer Care