Esteemed Contributor

Re: Louis' Retrospective on his Website

@vickybliss 

I wrote out a long reply during the night and it went poof when I tried to post it. A shorter version for now.

I'd love to know more about your style and preferences. What part of the country do you live in and is there a special event that your planning on wearing the skirt, day or evening affair? Size would help too. Lots of questions with many options to consider. If this works for you of course...

But for now...No to wearing either of the jackets. They will not be complimentary with the skirt nor on you. Imo go shorter or much, much longer which could be quite dramatic. To be continued.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Don't you think it just illustrates the world we live in today. Quality is sacrificed for greed.

i've noticed that the quality of QVC's items, as well as other online retailers has declined markedly. I happen to find a blazer that I bought from QVC about 15 years ago, which was made of beautiful merino wool. Now, what you get is mostly acrylic and polyester blends for high prices. A Susan Graver top is now 60 bunks for polyester. We know we can shop elsewhere, I was just commenting on the quality of the items on the Q. I remember "By Request by Kathy Levine", "Dialogue" and "Modern Soul" to name a few of the past quality vendors. 

Respected Contributor

A definite "second" from me to the "do not pass up the pearl button blazer" tip!

I have the Jac blazer in ivory, and did cave and get the pearl button one in ivory as well and could NOT be happier that I did.

The pearl button one is not to be missed, even if you normally don't like double breasted styles.  I love it worn open, it hangs perfectly, is absolutely classic and gorgeous, fabric fabulous too.  The buttons are just right, elegant but no crystals or overdone look, expensive and classy all the way.

It looks as nice with jeans as it does all elegant and formal.  Wonderful design and style; something everyone nees in their wardrobe, IMO course.....!

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@vickybliss 

I wrote out a long reply during the night and it went poof when I tried to post it. A shorter version for now.

I'd love to know more about your style and preferences. What part of the country do you live in and is there a special event that your planning on wearing the skirt, day or evening affair? Size would help too. Lots of questions with many options to consider. If this works for you of course...

But for now...No to wearing either of the jackets. They will not be complimentary with the skirt nor on you. Imo go shorter or much, much longer which could be quite dramatic. To be continued.....

I'm 5'4 and wear a 2XP. and wear flats.

I'm planning on wearing it to my next big occassion... Not sure what that will be.  just want to make an outfit and be ready.

Esteemed Contributor

@vickybliss 

I like this Linea top with the embroidered skirt. It's black and your size, 2X. Offered on ebay. I've contacted the seller for the item number. Maybe some of the ladies here will recognize it and share their opinions. 

What do you think?

Screenshot_20210327-204338_Chrome.jpg

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@vickybliss 

I like this Linea top with the embroidered skirt. It's black and your size, 2X. Offered on ebay. I've contacted the seller for the item number. Maybe some of the ladies here will recognize it and share their opinions. 

What do you think?

Screenshot_20210327-204338_Chrome.jpg

This is lovely and would gp with any of the skirts. Thank you.. Whar jacket would I take along?

Frequent Contributor

I enjoy the retrospective.  However, it makes me sad that I didn't become a fan until after 2010.  I look at the beautiful clothes in the beginning of his "run" and drool.  Oh well.  I enjoy what I have.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vickybliss 

Working on the jacket. Did you not like the shorter black faux suede or is your size sold out? Are you open to some kind of shawl or fancy knit sweater option? At least to wear during warmer weather?

Seller out of town till April 2. And this sweater is new with tags!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@vickybliss 

Did you put a bid on the sweater? Someone has. It's 12:12am and auction ends in 5 minutes.

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@vickybliss 

Did you put a bid on the sweater? Someone has. It's 12:12am and auction ends in 5 minutes.

Thnaks to your super advice, That bid was mime and I won it.