Super Contributor

Re: Louis' Retrospective on his Website

@rochelleS 

There is no a best time to chat because I have a very irregular schedule?  I really appreciate your ideas and thoughts.

I live at the beach in NJ. I have the faux suede jacket so I need to find something for air-conditioning in the hot and humid temps.                                        I don't think I'm up to altering except to hemming an item. So cutting a long jacket shorter is a real possibility.       

The next gala is in my head; when I saw these skirts disappear and magically come back.  I got both the blue and silver.  I will wear them for Christmas and New Year’s and hopefully a wedding or two.  Thank you for your ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vickybliss 

Thank you for paging me.

Perhaps I wasn't very clear when I asked about sewing or access to someone who does. I simply meant if an item needs hemming or some other reasonable alterations that it could be a possibility to consider. Remaking a jacket, even shortening many, unless it's a very simple line is best left to a real pro, if not recommended for many garments. I went off on a little fantasy in my imagination when mentioning reworking the skirt and adding the bottom to a sheer overcoat kind of look. A very big endeavor that was fun to imagine in my minds eye.

For a summer top, I still go back to something like this...

Screenshot_20210330-141358_Chrome.jpg

The sheer fabric could work and you could tie it at the waist, leaving it mostly unbuttoned. I'd consider changing the buttons too, to a bit dressier black. I'd consider tacking the sleeve as the fabric is very soft and hangs casually when worn. This is the only Linea piece available that could work. Otherwise, something on the sheer or very lightweight out in retail could be considered. 

Otherwise, a knit or crochet wrap or scarf type of piece that is airy but enough to cover your shoulders would also be a consideration. Possibly a longer,  waist length bolero type of style could be used too. I visualize a pleasing short slightly swing style, which would balance nicely with the skirt.There's so many beautiful yarns available if it is a DIY you might consider for yourself or find a skilled knitter/crochet person to make something for you. Metallic yarn could beautifully incorporated in this type of wrap or scarf style. What do you think? Anything floating your boat?

My 'gala' is in my mind too. This past year has been nerve-wracking and downright scary. I just learned my sister has been exposed to covid! She's on a vaccine list but hasn't had hers yet. One very stupid person, who didn't feel well, choose to attend a card playing gathering that has now created a serious domino effect for the primarily senior participants and the establishment that hosted the event. I have no words other than those that can't be used here.

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS  No Ink, Navy or Black for me -- which saves me some money anyway :-)

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

I own this Linea jacket in the Ink(navy) color with black satin buttons etc.  It is a wonderful jacket.  

Super Contributor

@rochelleS 

Just got my top from eBay and this old post popped up on my search. The top is great and perfect for any of the embroidered skirts.  It is new with the extra thread attached. Wonderful find, Thank you.

"teachergal wrote: ‎06-26-2011 04:45 PM
I just ordered A71276 in black. It's a last click at $17.01. I would appreciate your reviews, if you have this crocheted neck top? I am so happy to get a Linea knit top at this great price, just wondering anyone's opinion on this top."

Super Contributor

@rochelleS 

I wore the crochet top on Easter. It is quite the find: thank you

Respected Contributor

I purchased both the black as well as ivory with pearl buttons.  Gorgeous blazers! So happy I purchased.

Frequent Contributor

I so agree!!

Frequent Contributor

Please Louis - I was not aware you were retiring. Wherever you go we will follow. I just spoke about you to my husband last night. I have at least twelve of your jackets. No one can design a jacket as you do. I also said I understood your "cutting back" (not knowing you were retiring) because of your great loss and love Jac. My husband is sick and I am tortured at the thought of not having him with me - so I do understand. God bless you, dear wonderful Louis.. We all love you and Jac now and forever.