Esteemed Contributor

Re: Louis' Retrospective on his Website

@vickybliss 

I am so happy to hear that was your winning bid!!! Congratulations 🤗 and you must let me know how you like this top once it arrives.

You didn't reply to my inquiry about the shorter black Faux Suede jacket. I do see your size. If you're concerned about too much black you can break it up with accessories. Gunmetal or silver jewelry will look great and balance your look in the grey embroidered skirt.

Another warmer weather top option would be the safari styled shirt that comes with a tank. There was a Steel Gray offered but someone who owns both would have to chime in for the color match with the skirt.

Do you sew or have access to a good seamstress or tailor?

Regular Contributor

Hi @rochelleS !

Congrats on your beautiful jacket in mint condition! We go from same old, same old out there to the sudden AHA, right?

Nothing as magical for me lately but I did find the Stone Faux Linen Herringbone Jacket to go with the Stone Tweed Tank in my closet.

(clip of a pic from Louis' blog)

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 6.55.14 PM.png

And I found this old dazzler in great condition! Now on a long hunt for the blouse in the same print as the lining.

a47201.001.jpeg

a47201.002.jpeg

Have been stocking up like crazy in these last sale days :-(

Please keep posting your new finds!

Trusted Contributor

The faux linen herringbone suit is my absolute favorite item from Louis! I have the stone suit and two of the pale olive suits. That design and fabric combined is THE best!
Regular Contributor

@Helping Good to hear this! I KNEW I should have bought them first time around. Still hunting for the pale olive jacket and tank. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

ah @CGee, it's always so nice to hear from you! I feel like you're my sympatico shopping buddy 👗👖🎽😊.

Love the Herringbone Faux Linen pieces. Such a perfect languid look for the warmer weather. I'd picked up a sample color in this on the bay years ago. Its a rosy pink herringbone and  very pretty. I just bought the trousers but the matching jacket was also offered. I passed on that. Another lucky lady has hopefully been enjoying hers.

I remember when that pastel boucle jacket was offered. I'd forgotten about the blouse. That would be a real score to find. Things definitely do turn up. Weren't the blouses silk too? Will you wear Ivory with the jacket? A column of color in Ivory would be delicious. Picking up the pastel in a handbag would be a nice touch. Even a smart pastel leather trimmed straw bag might be interesting too. With straw like shoes...Play Play Play!

Thanks on the Ink jacket. It's so lovely. I see there was a lg available that would probably fit you. Wink wink 😉. 

What is "AHA"? I know its not the skin care ingredient, lol. Or an "ah ha."  Enlighten me.

Wondering if you or anyone else is having an issue viewing the pics in Louis's Retrospective posts? Previously I was able to blow up the whole pic by tapping on it. Now I get these little white 'frames' as I attempt to enlarge or hover over the collage. I think those frames may slightly magnify but it's not enough for me to get a good view, especially on the lighter sketches or pics. I'm really missing being able to enlarge and am missing so much detail. Any thoughts or tips? 

Hope you are having a nice Sunday. It's been rainy, now windy and quite chilly. But I see alot of greening up every day. Yay! 

Please keep posting too.

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@vickybliss 

You didn't reply to my inquiry about the shorter black Faux Suede jacket. I do see your size. If you're concerned about too much black you can break it up with accessories. Gunmetal or silver jewelry will look great and balance your look in the grey embroidered skirt.

Another warmer weather top option would be the safari styled shirt that comes with a tank. There was a Steel Gray offered but someone who owns both would have to chime in for the color match with the skirt.

Do you sew or have access to a good seamstress or tailor?

I guess I thought that the jacket was too heavy for the outfit, but understand that the outfit need a shorter jacket to balance out the lenght. 

I sew a bit and could find a tailor, what do you sugguest?

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS I was typing too fast :-) and meant "ah ha" when we spot something special and rush to grab it. 

Lucky you to have found the sample pink colorway in the faux linen herringbone! Would love to see a pic sometime.

Yes, the pastel boucle jacket came with a silk chiffon or organza printed blouse. I see the yellow version of the blouse from time to time. One of these days the mint version will swim into my net! Love your ideas of straw accessories with that -- thank you! And the Safari Shirt and Boho Skirt in Lilac are a colorful but very pretty combo with the jacket. If you see that mint boucle jacket in L please let me know. The M is a touch snug in the shoulders. I am running searches of course, but you have your ways :-)

Thanks so much for the tip on the Ink jacket! It's not a great color for me at this point :-(

Happy spring, and I'll post as soon as something new comes along!

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS I remember Louis said he was going to talk to his blog designer about the problem with enlarging the photos -- but nothing has changed for me. I squint hard but it's not the same!

Esteemed Contributor

@vickybliss 

Two requests first...is there a better time of the day/night for you for us to chat? That would be helpful for me. And would it be an imposition to ask to use the @ symbol which will notify me that you're responding etc. Just hit the @ and a drop down box will appear and click on my name or any others you'd like to speak to directly. Or you can type in a persons name as used in the forums next to the @ symbol without any spaces between. Thanks.

I'd asked what part of the country you live in. Looking for items can change depending your climate. Also the time of year, the occasion and your personal style or lifestyle will all be important factors.

In a cool weather setting the faux suede jacket will be fine. Also ok to wear anytime with the exception of hot and humid temps. It's no heavier than many of the jackets you likely own now. Just shorter. Don't forget this piece is a great staple, smart and simplistic and can be worn with everything.

I've seen some boucles, silks and more. Not Linea, but shorter styles compatible with the skirt. So, I need more info from you, luv. If that's OK?

Sometimes I see a larger sized garment that might work but may need altering.  Then I have some zany ideas like taking off the lower portion of the skirt and fashioning that to the bottom of a long sheer 'coat' that could float around in an eye catching and most dramatic way. I thought of this when I saw a larger size skirt listed on the bay last week. When's the next gala?

Esteemed Contributor

@CGee 

Thanks for letting me know Louis is aware of our issues with the photos on his site. Maybe I'll nudgy him a little 'cause I'm heartbroken with not being able to see details or much of anything unless it's substantially bolder.

I play a little game when I view these past collections. Do I own anything in today's picture? I've had alot of yesses. And many I've found for Sis. I just swoon over those I missed and savor my joy in reading about those incredible garments.

A m a z I n g!!!

You do not wear Linea navy? Ink is akin, deep and rich. Plus there's the black satin trim. I have yet to play and will look to dress this beauty down for some versatility. The navy/black woodcut pants just popped into my head. With a black top. I'll hang these together to evaluate...