Honored Contributor

Re: Louis' Retrospective on his Website

[ Edited ]

I don't know about the rest of you Linea Ladies, but I am somewhat glum this week and weekend because I did not have the periodic excitement of looking forward to, and finally seeing, Linea's fashions for the new season.  It goes without saying that no other sellers on QVC generate the excitement and fantasy that the Linea line did for me.  There was nothing to interest or enchant me; therefore, no buying.

Something is gone forever.  

Regular Contributor

@golding76  Yes indeed.

The retrospective is a testament to the incredible creativity of Louis -- and a painful reminder that this chapter in our lives is over. Thank goodness for vintage Linea still out there, and for the continuing communication with this wonderful man.

Respected Contributor

@golding76
I received a lot of fabulous fall items that I still haven’t had an opportunity to wear. Now that it’s been in the 80s, I can’t help but wonder what Louis was going to bring us this spring/summer. Yes, I have enough clothes, but I always looked forward to his collections. I miss checking his blog daily in hopes for a sneak peek.
Respected Contributor

I am having serious Linea withdrawl knowing that nothing new is coming. I have to confess I am a clothes and jewelry horse, and even though I have enough colthes to last me two life times, I still got excited to see what new things Louis created for us. I have no desire to go on line and search for things to put together. Louis spoiled us and made it so easy. There is nothing on QVC that really interests me. There are still a few pieces of Linea that I still want, but I'm slow to buy because I know I will never visit the sight again, and soon it will be gone. I hate to sound melodramatic, but that's how I feel. I love the retrospective, but that sort of saddens me too. Such a talent deprived to us.

Respected Contributor

We are currently in a pandemic and people are working from home.  When all of this ends and people are going back to their offices, do you think QVC would want Louis back.  No one else does a nice office clothing line like he does.  Of course, possibly Louis has decided to retire - has anyone heard anything about his future desires.

Valued Contributor

@culebra wrote:

We are currently in a pandemic and people are working from home.  When all of this ends and people are going back to their offices, do you think QVC would want Louis back.  No one else does a nice office clothing line like he does.  Of course, possibly Louis has decided to retire - has anyone heard anything about his future desires.

@culebra he said Elaine his manufacturer is retiring & he would never consider working with anyone else.  Don't know if he has anything up his sleeve but he seems pretty content.  

Super Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I am having serious Linea withdrawl knowing that nothing new is coming. I have to confess I am a clothes and jewelry horse, and even though I have enough colthes to last me two life times, I still got excited to see what new things Louis created for us. I have no desire to go on line and search for things to put together. Louis spoiled us and made it so easy. There is nothing on QVC that really interests me. There are still a few pieces of Linea that I still want, but I'm slow to buy because I know I will never visit the sight again, and soon it will be gone. I hate to sound melodramatic, but that's how I feel. I love the retrospective, but that sort of saddens me too. Such a talent deprived to us.

So many of us share your sentiments. I enjoy going on youtube and watching the old shows (piece by piece). I can watch four different presentations of the same item. There is so much that I missed the first time around. Louis is a master teacher and a good friend. There is a season.... turn, turn

Respected Contributor

@tipsy 

He is content right now.  Injections hao ve just begun.  I hope there comes a time when he wishes to share his talent again.  I have been buying his clothing since his partnership with Donna Karan at Anne Klein Couture.  I am going to a wedding in a few weeks in Mpls.  There are many events.  My whole suitcase will be Linea from embroidered skirts to Linea tuxedo's etc.  His stuff is always appropriate and classy.

Super Contributor

@Marlyn1   I feel the same way!  It is really fun to see all that he designed and I find myself jumping at so many of the items as they are just so wonderful and feminine!  I agree that Louis made it so easy as we could put together a whole outfit with matching jewelry over and over again!  I knew it was always going to be quality too. Sigh. I have no desire to try to hunt down full outfits again and I too do not see anything on QVC that even remotely compares to Linea. I will have fun shopping my closet for this spring (I have to get my closet redone so that I can see what I have!). As for my spring buying list, well It's very blah....just bras and a pair of shorts. Nothing else entices. 

Hope to see you on Louis' website, Marilyn and the rest of you ladies!  Love and hugs to all!

Respected Contributor

@mam2fourboys
I hear ya! I used to dread shopping, but I really looked forward to Louis’s new collections, once I discovered him. Most of my clothes shopping was via QVC for Linea. While I have a lot of his clothes now, I really miss the anticipation of his new fashions. I have no desire to go shopping for anything else except necessities, maybe some jeans. I feel really bummed. I picked up some more items this past weekend with free shipping. But I’m done shopping for a bit. I guess that’ll be money saved, but it still stinks.

I see his posts of past collections and see so many things that I wish I could get my hands on now. So many timeless, classic, beautiful pieces.