Respected Contributor

Louis' Retrospective on his Website

I am so enjoying Louis' series of his collections for QVC starting from the first in 2000. There are many fabulous things he did before I knew he was on QVC. It's a Fashion education. I highly reccommend you take a look at....louisdellolio.com....click "BLOG", and it will take you right to the pictures. You will have to scroll back to see the beginning. He's already up to 2007!

Respected Contributor

Re: Louis' Retrospective on his Website

@Marlyn1 

I too have been enjoying the retrospective, and am recalling many of the items, some I still wear frequently!  

What it does showcase so brilliantly is the amazing and awesome high level designer collections we were given throughout the twenty years Louis designed for QVC, up through the last items this past year. 

I am so grateful we had access to his genius and creativity for so long.  Every time I wear a Linea piece I am reminded how fortunate we have been, and marvel that we actually had access to a designer of Louis's caliber and caring. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

@Marlyn1 

I too have been enjoying the retrospective, and am recalling many of the items, some I still wear frequently!  

What it does showcase so brilliantly is the amazing and awesome high level designer collections we were given throughout the twenty years Louis designed for QVC, up through the last items this past year. 

I am so grateful we had access to his genius and creativity for so long.  Every time I wear a Linea piece I am reminded how fortunate we have been, and marvel that we actually had access to a designer of Louis's caliber and caring. 

@author   It highlights how far we have fallen when it comes to quality in our shopping experience.  From the beautiful natural fabric garments with such beautiful design of the gracious LDO offerings to what we now get: polyester on steroids from some poor sweatshop designer trying to make apparel sellable for the highest margin of profit.  Where have the greedy taken us and how far can this go before we all learn to sew and start trying to purchase fabrics on internet globally from countries that still have real wool, real cashmere, real cotton, real silk.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am still in a funk about Louis leaving QVC.

Now after seeing how much beautiful clothing I purchased from viewing Louis's retrospective, I have to find a new source if I want new clothing.  I wish Louis would go somewhere else and sell his clothing etc.

Respected Contributor

Don't you think it just illustrates the world we live in today. Quality is sacrificed for greed.

Respected Contributor

The fabrics, embellishments, detailed tailoring were so far above what is available now.  I still have real wool, silk blouses, impeccably emroidered tops, boucle, leathers and suede and embellished suede.  That no-seam knit top with the horizontal stripes at the top and down the sleeves?  I have all the colors, wear them all the time, wash in washer, and they look like NEW. The navy is my favorite, a workhorse top and the yarn in that knit is so high end.

I hand washed an ivory silk blouse today, and I have many, some that do not fit but I hang onto them because the silk, oh the silk. 

The blouse came out perfectly, and needs a touch-up with my iron and it will look wonderful.  Easy Care.  I know silk is too pricey now for QVC, but so glad I have some marvelous pieces that I will keep on wearing, classic styles, so very flattering too because yes, a true designer created them.  

And I wish I had purchased more after seeing things in this retrospective that I passed on at the time.  Sigh....

Trusted Contributor

In all the many years I have bought Linea, I have never found anything else that even comes close.  Fortunately, I probably have enough to last me for the rest of my life.

Honored Contributor

@author 

Is that the tone-on-tone brocade ivory blouse?  If so, I have that and cherish it, wear it with so many blazers/slacks, blazers/skirts.

Valued Contributor

I agree with all of you; I am so grateful that I was able to purchase beautifully designed clothes that were all so well made in high quality fabrics. I love all my clothes from Linea. There is not one "designer" on QVC that comes close to what Louis brought to QVC.

Thank you, Louis! I hope you read all these comments and that you know how much you are loved and respected! 

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday 

No, it was a tailored ivory silk blouse, French cuffs, and detachable jabot, versatile and gorgeous.  It was cut much slimmer than the blouses now, nipped in at waist, defined shoulders, really elegant and designer-y!  Washed up beautifully.  I have another one in magenta.