Respected Contributor

Louis' Recap of 10/30/19 Show!

[ Edited ]

October 31, 2019

“RECAP”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 3:37 PM

I thought it might be fun and helpful to recap the show, and if you had any questions this would be an easy way to refer to them.

Starting with sell:

#1 was the new WK V-Neck sweater. This is in the medium weight WK in the ENR [every needle rib]. It’s a tunic length with generous side slits…I showed Kate in the ivory blouse that comes with the scarf, but here worn without, for me the perfect layering blouse and a must have in ivory. Kate’s wearing the NAVY sweater and the navy ponte pant…..jeans would be great too. She is wearing the new Torsade called “Cosmopolitan” in the Artisan silver and Artisan gold [not avail yet]…..Next the CRANBERRY v-neck on Mary with the Yellow Plaid blazer and jeans. I was asked if the “Harp” necklace would work with the new Capri necklace, earring and bracelet and they absolutely do. The beads are the same in all pieces, so I decided to show it that way….a GOOD CALL OUT…..Next Maria in the SCARLET RED. S RED is the exact same color as all of my S. Red pieces….blazer, trench, WK skirt , Ponte pant etc etc. so you can have a mini wardrobe in SCARLET RED to match and mix with other things you own…S red is the perfect red, and can be worn all 4 seasons……next the YELLOW V-neck on Brenda. I love this soft buttery yellow. It isn’t harsh at all, and is a beautiful color for blonds, brunettes, redheads and my silver foxes! Brenda is wearing it with the AMBRA TREVI necklace and earring and the ROMA NECKLACE. She is also wearing the new Faux suede pant in ESPRESSO which was sell #2

#2 the faux suede boot cut pant in Espresso on Brenda and Loden on Chantal. I know there is concern due to the 32 inch length that it might not look right for my petite ladies when it’s shortened. I can assure you it will. There are Linea Ladies who have already shortened my boot cut pants and have reported that they look great…….Many of you know this faux suede because of last years slim pant and this years trench. Frankly, I have avoided faux suede because I never found one I liked! Like everything else technology improves, and the quality of faux suede has come a long way. I loved this fabric the second I touched it. The ESPRESSO is a wonderful BASE NEUTRAL color and will work with many many tops. Browns are coming into their own again. Loden is my favorite fashion color of the season. You know I love anything safari or military and this color is perfect. I showed it on Chantal with the Moss Plaid Blazer and a vintage Wine WK TN…..The Dk Olive WK TN works perfectly too…..but there are so many colors that look great with Loden from neutrals like ivory, alabaster, linen, navy, charcoal grey, black etc etc. Accent colors like S Red oranges, purples, magentas, and fuchsias, blues like sapphire, turquoise and baby blue. lime and aqua. There isn’t a color that wouldn’t look good with Loden. It will become your new neutral. I accessorized Chantal with the new pearl Torsade in the Loden, Cranberry, Port and gold……a pert compliment to the blazer. If you don’t have the TN the new CRANBERRY blouse with scarf is perfect too.

#3 The Lamb Leather Jacket…..This is the perfect jacket for all body types and heights. Loved showing the black on Mary with the Crushed velvet skirt and the white wing collar shirt. I think this is the perfect Holiday look, both for Thanksgiving and Christmas and Hanukkah……I put the new HAND MADE FLOWER BLOSSOM necklace on Mary as a sneak peek….it’s simply amazing. Due to the fact it is HANDMADE the quantities are limited…..It’s going to blow your mind. I have never seen anything like it…..The Caramel is just so warm and rich. If you like the classic luggage colors from Hermes and other high end leather houses like Todds…..you will love this color. The CHAIN GANG jewelry always looks perfect…. The Dove Grey on Angela with black and skinny jeans tucked into boots is the way so many will wear it….ANY AGE….She has on the new GRAPE VINE necklace and earring in the GREY.

#4 The embroidered skirt….Ladies, Ladies, Ladies….when those of you who bought it get it home you are going to be thrilled beyond words. If you thought it looked fabulous on TV…WAIT….I was told all of the models were feverishly ordering it back stage. This is a magnificent piece and it is made superbly. Jennifer did explain the the scallop hem is HAND CUT. Each seam of each tire is PIPED to protect the tulle. In the old days tulle was made only in silk, and is still today, but it is very fragile and perishable. Only the couture uses it because the women who can afford $100, 000 for a couture hand made dress will only wear it a few times and then donate it. All tulle today is made out of nylon or polyester. One is not better than the other, but they do have different qualities that work better for son designs better than others……..I love these worn with dramatic black tops whether. they are black knit tops or elaborate ruffled chiffon tops, but they should NEVER outshine the skirt. There is SO MUCH thread work that it rivals any designer skirt on any runway. That is how the emb. costs are determined….but the amount of stitches. These skirts could easily be triple the price in ant boutique or store…..These are true ccollectors items. I can even see a wedding part in these skirts with simple black tops and the beautiful GLITTERATI GLASS FACETED BEADS, which is what I showed on Brenda in the LATTE and Chantal in the VIVID BLUE.

#5 The Cathedral print tops. I have been to many Cathedrals in Europe, and the first things that impressed me were the soaring arches and the stain glass windows. That is what these prints reminded me of. You all know the fabric, because I have done so many print tops in it including the ongoing OMBRE TUNIC. The shape is simple. It’s the colors and the print that take center stage. They are great layering pieces. The ALMOND on Kate was shown with the ALABASTER SUPER PONTE pant, but I could have easily given her the Espresso pants in the Ponte or Faux suede. Black works just as well. All of the colors…BLUE, FUCHSIA and SPICE, all had on the Cathedral necklace and earring sets.  A heads up…the Capri necklace earring and bracelet in the neutral also looks fabulous with the Almond. These are great tops for travel…..easy care and never wrinkle….they pack to nothing. They don’t cling like other knits do and they are flattering to all body types. The print also camouflages many body flaws which is always a good thing.

#6 The boot cut pant is in the lighter ponte. It is the same fabric as the ankle pant A265615. I did this pant because YOU asked for it. The slim pant has been very successful and I was asked to new a new style in the pant….so…..I took the Super Ponte boot cut pant, now going on its’ 4th or 5th reorder, and made it in this lighter weight which everyone loves. I think it is the perfect pant for everyone who experiences mild to no winters at all. This would be your YEAR ROUND dress pant. Even though the fit and shape is exactly like the SP BC pant the reception to this pant has been lukewarm at best, and frankly I don’t understand why? The fit is slenderizing, the fabric light, comfortable and easy care. The boot cut in the S Ponte has already sold out in many sizes in the Black and Loden, so if you want or need those colors to go with so many things you own this would be the perfect place to pick those colors up. The Loden matches everything Loden. The Dark Khaki is the perfect neutral, and looks good with everything. I showed the Loden pant with a black TN and the Loden Faux suede trench, just to show what a great match they are. Chantal is also wearing the OLIVE CARNIVAL necklace which for me is a must have if you own anything in the Olive, Loden or Dill family.. With the Dk Khaki pant I showed the vintage Port TN with a brand new necklace that I call “TWISTED SISTER’ but QVC is calling in interlocked or entwined necklace. I like my name much better! It is made with small faceted glass beads and small metal disc beads scattered throughout. The color above is the GARNET and AMBER with Russian GOLD discs. This will be coming for the Holidays

#7 The BLAZER……..This is the reorder Blazer in the Trench Coat fabric…..all Jac’s idea……The new colors however were all requested by you. Return of the BLACK which had sold out, and SCARLET RED [even though they said it sold out it is still avail in two sizes, at least it was]. I showed it on Mary with the MATCHING SCARLET RED NEW WK V-NECK SWEATER and last years S Red trench just to illustrate how all the items in different fabrics, and from different years all work together. I don’t know of anyone else on QVC who makes such a devoted effort to match items from season to season. Kate asked if the WK pencil skirt in Scarlet from years back would work, and it does. There is only one Scarlet Red standard…..The CARAMEL on Angela. I showed it all matching because I wanted those of you who own the pieces to know they will all work INCLUDING the CARAMEL TRENCH COAT. For those of you who own nothing else in Caramel…….Black, Navy, Dk. Forest Green, Charcoal Grey, Port, Wine etc etc. all make wonderful bottom colors to wear with the Caramel blazer….So many colors look incredible with Caramel….magenta, fuchsia, red, burnt orange and orange, sapphire, turquoise [very south western] etc etc all look incredible with Caramel……..Last but not least Dark Forest Green. This is that dark green you see in Black Watch Scottish plaids, or as I imagine it to be. Kate was wearing it with the Ivory button front jewel collar blouse without the scarf and all of the NEW BYZANTIUM JEWELRY. For her bottom I chose the slim Dk. Forest Green faux suede pant, still avail in broken sizes. The colors together in the two very different textures are perfection.

I hope you found this RECAP helpful…………..if you still have questions……….I’m here………………………….enjoy……………………..much Love…………………………….Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Louis' Recap of 1/30/19 Show!

Wow! This is fabulously helpful!
Valued Contributor

Re: Louis' Recap of 1/30/19 Show!

Wow, the effort Louis puts into his collections!  The sketches alone are a job & a half. 

I am SO glad he doesn't have to trek to QVC any more!