Respected Contributor

Re: Louis LIVE on Q2 Today- starts 9pm eastern

[ Edited ]

Oh my. Just the idea of having to "capture something and store it in the cloud" sounds like a hassle and makes the point that this QVC2 channel is more work. I set Comcast to record the live shows automatically and it saves my DVRs for as long as I like at no extra charge. At this age/stage, I want it simple.

Super Contributor

@diamondscribe wrote:

I like the Q2 approach to presentation. It seems to be more about the product than about the broadcast. But, then it may be easier for me to accept it because I have always captured videos via my computer of every Linea show rather than DVR my TV. Grabbing a video of the show online lets me store it to the cloud where I can watch it anywhere. If I record on TV, it is more limited as to how I access because I refuse to pay Cox Contour prices to be able to access digital versions of a show when I can do the same...free. It's the principle of the thing, LOL.

How do you do store the video to cloud?

Guess this is part of the next generation of technology.  We are considering getting all the TV cabe shows from Youtube's new 'cable' system. So I need to learn to store shows to Cloud....

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1@x Hedge

I somehow missed the show (early am) entirely!

However, it recorded two of the same (QVC2 and channel 76) IDK WHAT ch76 is and why it recorded both.

Storing recorded material sounds so nice!

I lost a Sarah Brightman recording once when they replaced the cable box ... it was a PBS concert in a cathedral. It was a sad day!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1- on the QVC2 it looks like Louis has a lot of shows scheduled so I don't know if they are live or repeats but this QVC2 will be a learning experience for many of us.

Super Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@LTT1- on the QVC2 it looks like Louis has a lot of shows scheduled so I don't know if they are live or repeats but this QVC2 will be a learning experience for many of us.

The live shows are only during prime time (six to midnight). There are 18 hours of repeats 12 am to 6 pm (eastern time).

Honored Contributor

I set my DVR for all of the LDO shows today and what do I see when I go to watch? SHOE PROGRAMMING! 

I am upset! Woman Mad

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I set my DVR for all of the LDO shows today and what do I see when I go to watch? SHOE PROGRAMMING! 

I am upset! Woman Mad

@JustJazzmom

The next live Linea show on QVC2 will be at 6pm Eastern, according to the schedule Louis listed on his blog.  The only previous LIVE show on QVC2 was last night at 9pm Eastern time, also according to Louis's schedule.  My understanding is that all of the shows today were replay of the hour show last night.  Dansko is actually listed as the scheduled show on the QVC Program Guide for QVC too.  Now, isn't this FUN??

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

From Louis's blog:

There seems to be confusion with my QVC2 appearances…..which are LIVE and which are RE-BROADCAST shows. Here are my LIVE shows. All other times listed on the QVC2 Guide are rebroadcast shows:

4/18, 9:00pm, one hour show on QVC2, LIVE

4/19, 6:00pm, one hour show QVC2 , LIVE

4/19, 8:00pm, QVC2 PM STYLE, LIVE APPEARANCE

4/24, 7:00am Morning Q, regular QVC channel

4/24, 10:00am, one hour show, regular QVC channel

4/24, 6:00pm, Inspired Style, regular QVC channel

These are all live presentations.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I am upset! Woman Mad

@JustJazzmom

The next live Linea show on QVC2 will be at 6pm Eastern, according to the schedule Louis listed on his blog.  The only previous LIVE show on QVC2 was last night at 9pm Eastern time, also according to Louis's schedule.  My understanding is that all of the shows today were replay of the hour show last night.  Dansko is actually listed as the scheduled show on the QVC Program Guide for QVC too.  Now, isn't this FUN??

As fun as trying to pet a porcupine!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge@JustJazzmom@shoesnbags@vickybliss@Luvitorleaveit1

So confusing! 

So, I managed to miss them all!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~