Frequent Contributor
I am fairly new to his line, but am quickly becoming obsessed. I love watching his presentations, something I cannot say about some of the other designers, and the quality of his clothes hooked me. His lines are flattering on to a woman's figure, and as someone stated, he knows how to dress women. I am 5'2" so I wear petite, but I do hope that this isn't a problem with future purchases. So far, my purchases have been perfect. It is so nice to buy a cardigan that doesn't go down to my knees, lol. Thank you, sir, for your beautiful designs and your beneficial presentations!!!!!
Respected Contributor

I think she just likes being with her husband. Modeling for QVC is not quite the same as modeling for Armani, Valentino and Chanel.

Respected Contributor

I have never been a professional model, but I have been asked to model in fashion shows for a store in our area, so I speak from very limited experience. 

The stylist in fashion shows is the one who picks out the clothes and accessories.  It may be that the QVC stylist picked out a smaller size shirt (and later dress) for Jackie.  She probably had nothing to do with it.  It also could be that they were sold out of her size and they had to go with what they had in stock.  That happends sometimes.  I think Jackie is sort of caught in the middle and may be being blamed for something that is not her fault.

I have noticed that many times (and on ALL sizes of models), that some QVC stylists put models in clothing that looks a good two sizes too small for them.  I don't know why they do this.  Does anyone have any ideas about why this is?

Respected Contributor

I have done many Charity fashion shows, sometimes behind the scenes, and a few times on the runway. The stylists always pick the clothes for the models, never the models. I do not think it is ever the models fault unless she has gained weight or is bloated and hasn't told the stylists. I think with the QVC models they show up and put the clothes on.. If they don't have the right size then the model or host should know this and say she has the wrong size on so we can judge properly. That's how returns happen. I see something fitting small or big and wonder if I should have changed my size?

Occasional Visitor

Mr. Dell'Olio is the ultimate professional. He knows how to really fit a woman with his clothes. He's a real designer, not like some of the so-called designers, who can't even present their line using technical terms in sewing. That's how you can differentiate the real, seasoned designers from just those who present and other people do the work for them.

Respected Contributor

In another lifetime--when I was a teenager--I did runway modeling in NYC. The clothes were already picked out and tagged with my name & when we'd come off "stage" someone was there (usually multiple people) to immediately strip the clothes off and help you into the next outfit and back out you'd go. The turnaround was minutes and timed exactly. There was zero time to do a fit check, so if they pulled the wrong size, there was no time to correct it. (In those days, I was a size 4 or Juniors 5. Like I said, another lifetime!!)

I have no idea how QVC handles their models, but it makes sense to me that stylists do all the selections in advance.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

In another lifetime--when I was a teenager--I did runway modeling in NYC. The clothes were already picked out and tagged with my name & when we'd come off "stage" someone was there (usually multiple people) to immediately strip the clothes off and help you into the next outfit and back out you'd go. The turnaround was minutes and timed exactly. There was zero time to do a fit check, so if they pulled the wrong size, there was no time to correct it. (In those days, I was a size 4 or Juniors 5. Like I said, another lifetime!!)

I have no idea how QVC handles their models, but it makes sense to me that stylists do all the selections in advance.

@GraceCO

I was a runway model as a teenager, too, and this was EXACTLY my experience.  I know it's not the same as being a model for a shopping channel, but I can't imagine the models being responsible for picking out the clothes they are to wear.  We had no say in what we were given to wear, at least not if we wanted to be called back.  I modeled "jr. petite" sizes - does that even exist anymore?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Occasional Visitor
  • Love, love, love Louis's whisper knit turtlenecks. PLEASE bring back the espresso!  I have been trying to get it for two seasons!  He has a very classy collection.  All of his things are beautiful! 😊