Honored Contributor

Thank you sir, for being one of the few who tells the truth about fit. This AM. he very nicely told a model she should go up a size. I'm sure that he wants his garments shown to their best advantage, and he was right. Size is just a number, how you look in the garment is what counts. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

ITA ... with Louis and he was such a gentleman about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes..........thanks to Louis...it needed to be said.....

Frequent Contributor

Totally agree and he was spot on.  She never wears the correct size, always a size too small and it doesn't flatter the garment at all.  She always looks uncomfortable in what she wears.

Respected Contributor

Re: Louis Dell'Olio

[ Edited ]

Applause and a million thanks to Louis.  Every designer should be as concerned about the appearance of his creations as Louis was (and is)......

I have trouble understanding why it doesn't happen more often on the Q. Whoever dresses these models needs to see how almost every blouse, dress, or tee pulls under the arms and usually elsewhere.  Do they not understand how to dress the models, or is it the models who insist on dressing in the wrong size?

I'm a medium, but if I see a model wearing a medium that is pulling too tight across the bust, I might tend to order larger, thinking a medium must run small. So I end up returning the large. Please peope at the Q.  THINK

And one more thing . . . Please just use the model's names - not Jackie John's Mom or Mrs. Angela or whatever.  Just another distraction.

Honored Contributor

It's obvious he cares more about his designs, than raking in the big bucks.  Although I know his sales are up there.

The Q has at least one designer who just keeps producing garments that look awful on everyone, but people buy it so she keeps making it.

Esteemed Contributor

I also appreciated that he suggested, in reference to the new and beautiful crepe gauze dress, that it might not be the best choice for a woman with a very full bust. This is as I had suspected and why I am passing on it.

Trusted Contributor

That's just one of the reasons I love Louis.  His line is one of the classiest.  The quality is superb.  He knows his stuff.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

He has really nice clothing, but it is way too long for us petite gals.  

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Thank you sir, for being one of the few who tells the truth about fit. This AM. he very nicely told a model she should go up a size. I'm sure that he wants his garments shown to their best advantage, and he was right. Size is just a number, how you look in the garment is what counts. 

Thank you @QVCkitty1 for a respectful post.  How you look in a garment is the most important thing.