Respected Contributor

Louis' Club version!

[ Edited ]

I don't know if anyone has seen Ralph's Club 2019 which is Ralph Lauren 2019 Collection!  It's a sequin trench coat, sequin pants, tuxedo jackets, all with a men's wing collar formal dress shirt and black bow tie.

Since I am a Linea Lady........for those who dare and like the look and have a formal event to go to (which I do)......here's Louis' Club!  His Tuxedo Jacket A343558, his sequin pants (sold out) and his new Black Suede Trench coat to top it all off!  I have all Louis' pieces and will order the black suede trench when it becomes available.  I, just, ordered a men's wing collar formal dress shirt and black bow tie.

Not for everyone, definitely an out of the box look for those who wish to be daring!  At 73, I'm up to the challenge!  Love the look and can achieve a similar look using my favorite designer..........our Louis!

You tube has the video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rjd_DXlV-M

Esteemed Contributor
Respected Contributor

@SoX   Thanks so much!  I wasn't sure I could post it!  Edited my posting for a longer version!

Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime 

Fabulous!   I think I'm gonna pair my sequin jacket and Louis' pants for just that look ... Loved the whole show ... thanks!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting the videos.

@Somertime  I too own Louis’s Tuxedo Jacket and Pant and was thinking about getting a Tuxedo Shirt!  Love that look!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Louis' Club version!

[ Edited ]

@Somertime   @SoX   Loved both videos!   Thank you.  🎶That's when we come alive🎶   Great spirit to start my day!  Love the club look.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sequin suiting very much in fashion for this upcoming fall/ holiday season.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime   You will look smashing! You go girl!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That Ralph Lauren video (Ralph's Club) was first posted on Louis' blog (by Ruth) and it was wonderful to watch. Reminded me of another great designer of American classics--Louis.

1. Here’s the link to the 36 minute version :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rjd_DXlV-M
    in case you want to watch it.

Comment by Ruth — October 6, 2019 @ 4:22 PM

Dear Ruth….thank you so much for the link…When Ralph does something he does it to the 9th degree….The entire thing was perfection!.Ralph is the last great designer in America. He is the end of an era

Comment by Louis Dell'Olio — October 6, 2019 @ 7:52 PM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ralph Lauren's sequin coat is outstanding!  I always drool when looking at his clothes.

When Louis was working at Anne Klein, his men's wear inspired designs reminded me of Ralph Lauren, so it's not surprising you'd find something similar on QVC.  

He was quoted in New York Times during those days as saying he prefers to design "men's wear inspired blazers and trousers, a design I do best". 

My favorite, too.  

Ralph Lauren said he thinks "women look more sexy in men's wear inspired designs than in long formal dresses."