Respected Contributor

Re: Louis' Big Deal!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered this in yellow and look forward to getting it.

Was interesting though - for those of you who think the Q isn't pushing this line - after I put it in my cart and was looking at other things, I got a message that I'd better hurry and order it as it was "going fast."  So I did.

Today I see that it's available in all colors and sizes.  I don't even see one waitlist.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @Isobel Archer that pop up box seems to be a new feature now. I've noticed this several times this week. I'm not so sure if I like it or not. I think its reflecting views of an item or possibly items are in carts, showing that its unavailable at that specific time. 

Enjoy your Yellow Big Deal! thought the Yellow looked great on Kate. The Aqua was pretty too.

Esteemed Contributor

@donovan wrote:

Does anyone have this already? Is the weight of the fabric more of a shirt or more of a jacket?  It looks to be shirt weight, and I'd like a bit heavier fabric so it hangs well. 

@donovan 

No one has this new windowpane shantung jacket yet that I'm aware of. It was only available to purchase in last couple of days.

You may want to look at A351115, a previously offered jacket in the same fabric. Very popular and there's three new colors offered now. Rated 4.9. I believe the fabric weight of these two jackets are the same. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The fabric is smooth, with a subtle sheen and glides on and off. I  don't know what you plan on wearing under it but it certainly hasn't gotten "hung up" on anything I've ever worn underneath. (Whisper Knit, tanks or shorter sleeved tops)

It looks like the fabric might get 'hung up' on whatever you wear under it, and I hate when that happens.

Super Contributor

Thanks rochelleS - I'll go read about the previous jacket.

Respected Contributor

@donovan wrote:

The previous version was not a jacket at all. It was a shirt, made of silk. All the discussion by the host and Jennifer last night was not really correct.  This new version is not silk, is longer and has pockets. It's still a shirt and can be used as a light "jacket" over a tank or shell--as we do with many shirts and blouses in the warm weather. When the host said it was "a sort of soft blazer" I almost fell off the couch! The discussion just got more and more ridiculous as it morphed from a shirt to a blazer! How I miss Louis being in control!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 wrote:

@donovan wrote:

The previous version was not a jacket at all. It was a shirt, made of silk. All the discussion by the host and Jennifer last night was not really correct.  This new version is not silk, is longer and has pockets. It's still a shirt and can be used as a light "jacket" over a tank or shell--as we do with many shirts and blouses in the warm weather. When the host said it was "a sort of soft blazer" I almost fell off the couch! The discussion just got more and more ridiculous as it morphed from a shirt to a blazer! How I miss Louis being in control!

Agree, @Maxine49. I own the original silk shirt in black/white and you're right--no way is it a jacket, in the traditional sense. Conjures up something heavier in fabric and feel. I wear it as a blouse and it's still so beautiful. For the host and Jennifer to characterize the new version as a "jacket" and "blazer" may surely turn off sales. I also miss Louis being in control during the shows.

Respected Contributor

I think it would be so nice for Louis to do these shows on t.v, during this period  - as other designers are doing.  So nice to hear him talking about his designs miss that.

Respected Contributor

Happily ordered pink ❤️

Honored Contributor

I received mine (pink) yesterday.  It arrived with a very unpleasant odor which I was not happy about.  I put it in wash following instructions...cold/delicate/line dry....came out great...will hardly need any pressing.  I really don't care for the look of cuff turned up...will try again though.  It is shirt weight...lighter side...not jacket.  I will wear with tunic under.  Made in Vietnam.

Respected Contributor

Mine arrived today in the classic ivory/black, and I love it!  I pressed it carefully (no untoward odor on mine) and tried it on... it is everything I had hoped it would be:  chic, classy, comfortable, easy, versatile.  Pretty and flattering too!

I surprised myself by preferring the cuffs worn down and not turned up as I had worn them on the original silk shirt.  It fits me better, has a nice shape to it, and I love the tailored pockets.  Collar is really a nice touch with the black facing, and with the cuffs worn down you see the touch of black peeking out in both places. 

The faux shantung has some weight to it so the tailoring works very well in this fabric.  I think this Vietnam-made piece is some of the best sewing I've seen in Linea.

This is an amazingly well made high-end topper from a superb designer, and it really shows.  Love.  Thanks Louis!