Respected Contributor

May 8, 2020

“THE WHITE/BLACK WINDOWPANE BIG DEAL SHIRT/JACKET”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 10:45 PM

…………………………A NEW BIG DEAL is here, and it’s the WINDOWPANE SHANTUNG SHIRT/JACKET, A377808……….Many of you already own my Silk Windowpane top from many years ago. That top was reordered for a few years, and we only stopped making it because China raised the price of silk where we could no longer afford it for QVC…..so reluctantly we had to retire the top. When I did the STRETCH SHANTUNG jacket last season,  it had a great response and sold out. It’s on its’ way to selling out again….. I asked  the fabric mill if it could be done in a yarn dye so we could do a window pane, and the answer was YES….with restrictions! For some reason I still don’t quite understand, the ground color has to be lighter than the stripes….so a black ground with a white windowpane can not be made. Don’t ask me why….I have no idea. It’s a technical thing….I guess?………….Anyway, I digress………..What I have achieved is spot on to the original, and in a way better. These tops are made in the same stretch polyester as the new Shantung jackets that have been received so well….so it is completely WASHABLE…..PLUS I’ve added BAND POCKETS!!!! The length of this jacket is slightly longer to accommodate the pocket, and comes in at 26 inches for the size 4. These will be numerically sized. Again, they are unlined so they can be worn buttoned up as a shirt, or worn open as a light shirt jacket. The UNDER COLLAR and TURN BACK CUFF will have the same contrast color as the stripe. In this case BLACK. The CUFFS ARE MEANT TO BE TURNED BACK!!!! You should actually get out your iron and press them back for a good fold…..for those of you who own an iron…..Otherwise, for those of you who don’t, steam them back and put a heavy book on them…LOL……If you wear the cuffs down the plaid on the cuff and the plaid on the sleeve will not MATCH……..Also, to be totally transparent, the side seams WILL NOT MATCH. Honestly, unless you intend to walk around with you arms above your heads like you were being held up who’s going to notice. With your arms down it will not be an issue….for most. If this is a deal breaker I want you to know up front! This however didn’t bother the majority of women, as we sold thousands of the original windowpane jacket, and they didn’t match either. What is the MOST IMPORTANT THING, is that the FRONTS WILL MATCH…….There are small side slits, a button front, 3/4 sleeves, and a classic shirt collar and stand to complete the details…………as for underpinnings and bottoms let you imagination go wild. You really can wear any color with the black and white…..Wear color tops with black bottoms, and black tops with color bottoms like my red or sapphire pants, and my yellow and turquoise jeans from years ago…….a little black patent ballet flat would be perfect…..very Mary Tyler Moore…. As for bottom silhouettes have FUN!!!! At the extreme left, top photos, I have the new DOUBLE LAYER PANT in the black and white. and they look fantastic together!!!! Capri, crops, ankle, shorts and long trousers will ALL work. You could even mix the right prints with this windowpane. Let’s not forget all the SLEEVELESS DRESSES you are always looking to put a top with. The Windowpane will be perfect……………….Accessorizing will be so easy!!!! Close your eyes and put something on. I don’t know how you could miss….From COINS to the CLUSTER STONE and PEARL necklaces and everything in between will look great……….I have chosen the new Elephant Walk Pendant and the Tablet necklace with the Tablet earring in the turquoise….which POPS against the white and black………I have also chosen the brand spanking new NUGGET CLUSTER NECKLACE, HOOP EARRING and CUFF [not shown, but the same design as the Samburu cuff that sold out]. The color is this incredible RED,RED,RED. I know there are some of you who have been asking if I would have a red necklace coming….well it has arrived, and it’s a beauty!…….I know for all of you who have enjoyed your first Windowpane jackets you will enjoy this one too. I realize you can’t substitute silk, but this STRETCH SHANTUNG comes as close as I can get. For those of you who are knew to this piece, give it a try. I’m sure you will love it…………………enjoy……………………..much Love………………………..Louis

“THE PINK/BLACK WINDOWPANE SHIRT/JACKET”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 10:45 PM

…………………………This is a beautiful, flattering lady like color…….a lovely pale shell pink. The BLACK windowpane and contrast collar and cuff really give the pink a wonderful exclamation. Again, wear it white, and any black pieces you own from the Ponte pencil skirt above with a beautiful black sling back tea cup heel, or slim ankle pants in my light weight Ponte with a ballet flat or strappy sandal…………..Open you Linea jewelry trove and pull out your PINK Faceted glass beads from seasons ago for a gentle look….or you BLACK LORD OF THE RING necklace and earring or your BLACK FISH or your BLACK EGYPTIAN pendant or your GUNMETAL SCYTHE necklace….on and on and on. For dressier occasions…….your BLACK JET TASSEL, our BLACK JET GLITTERATI, your BLACK JET and PEARL MOON GLOW…..on and on and on…….For something NEW & BOLD the new NUGGET pieces in BLACK, BLACK, BLACK!…..Really…..you just can’t go wrong!!!……….As they say………”Pretty in PINK”………………………..enjoy………………..much Love…………………Louis

“THE YELLOW/NAVY WINDOWPANE SHIRT/JACKET”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 10:44 PM

……………………..This is a light soft pretty yellow…not a bold in your face bright taxi cab yellow…….I think the cabs are totally gone now…..too bad the old ones were so BIG inside…………..This YELLOW is accented with NAVY. The turn back cuff and under collar are all solid NAVY………..Pull out everything you own in navy and it should work with this top! JEANS, denim of all colors….from the darkest indigo to the most washed out blues should all work………Wear everything from strappy sandals, clogs, wedges, and sneakers depending on the occasion and your lifestyle…..Yellow and gold are a natural match, so to keep it on the casual side I have chosen the NEW 20th ANNIVERSARY PENDANT!!!!! YES ladies, this year I have been with QVC 20 years. I will have been with QVC longer than I was with ANNE KLEIN…..it’s hard to believe……………the years just go by…………….I can’t say they flew…….buy they went!……………………………………..

enjoy……………..much Love…………………….Louis

“THE LIGHT AQUA/BLACK WINDOWPANE SHIRT/JACKET”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 10:42 PM

…………………….The LIGHT AQUA color is like a transparent Aquamarine Gem…….It’s a beautiful tint of color, but more of a tint than my photos may show….LOL……..The black accents make it so easy to pull it all together…………………….I absolutely LOVED the VERDIGRIS GRECIAN NECKLACE, BRACELET and EARRING with this Aqua top. The Verdigris is deeper than the aqua so it really brings out the color…..I didn’t check, but I would venture to say that it is probably a good bet anything you already own in Verdigris like the original 72″ bead necklace with the matching bracelet and earring will also be great with this top. It was so long ago I can’t remember what the name was? The Verdigris Fish, the Scythe, the Lord of the Rings, the Egyptian pendant  etc etc will all work…..PLUS the TURQUOISE GLITTERATI necklace and earring. As you can see BLACK jewelry [as the new necklace above] is a natural…..so dress it up with jets or down with your black fish and your ready for any occasion…..Again, the new BLACK NUGGET necklace will go with so much of what you already own…..I’m sure it will be a go to necklace!…………………….enjoy your new WINDOWPANE JACKETS…..The problem will be ….which color?????……………………………much Love………………………..Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Louis' Big Deal!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this beautiful Shirt/Jacket!  I do not own the original version.  The Stretch Shantung sounds perfect - and it’s washable!  

The White/Black is my first choice.  I have a Linea Red Torsade Necklace from several years ago that will be perfect.

Still trying to decide on a second colour option for the Shirt/Jacket.

97AACA7F-30ED-40F0-8DA5-A36C22740761.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for posting these, @Somertime 

Wow!  I am really glad they are bringing this one back - Louis had & has the best color combinations (remembering the original windowpane version).     

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Somertime, pink for me!

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if the  20th anniversary neckless is going to be available in the  silvertone shown in these pictures or is QVC just going to carry the goldtone?

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

Does anyone know if the  20th anniversary neckless is going to be available in the  silvertone shown in these pictures or is QVC just going to carry the goldtone?

@Silver Fox1 

The anniversary necklace only comes in goldtone.  From Louis's blog, in his own words, " the gray photos are just a result of bad photography. It only comes in the one color."

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Black and white all the way!

Respected Contributor

I have the original in the white and black so yellow and lt Aqua for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Marlyn1  I have the original in white and black. I also have the black and white, and brown and aqua. too.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

Morning!  For those of you who already own a previous version of this jacket, it doesn't look like the stripes match up (pictures on QVC.com)?  Also, how's the length?  Thank you!