Honored Contributor

Looks as Though QVC Heard the Linea Ladies Roar -- Thank You, Louis (Whisper Knit)

From Louis's blog this morning:

November 7, 2019

WHISPER KNITS
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 7:27 AM

Morning everyone….It’s a cloudy day here in CT, but it is going to be a busy day….more about that later….Whisper Knits….I know there has been a lot of conversation about the lack of new styles in WK, and it is all true. I don’t plan budgets, I have noting to do with QVC’s business. I am just a lowly designer……LOL, but they are well aware of all of your posts! I told you posts and reviews are important!!!! They are read. They know of the complaints……so………I am trying to  remedy that situation. There will be one new WK in January to go with the new BIG DEAL, and don’t ask me what it is I WON’T TELL!….We don’t usually do sweaters for Spring /Summer, but maybe if this Jan. sweater does well I can convince them to reconsider that too. We had an important conversation about WK items going forward, and I’ve made progress. Don’t quote me, because I’ll deny it!….but there may even be a WK BIG DEAL next Fall 2020…….So W Knits are definitely not being eliminated as a category as some of you have feared. All you have to do is see what is left and you know they are doing well. Are we happier now?????……..Jennifer and Cathy [Cathy is in charge and oversees  the Linea jewelry line], are coming up today to work on videos and a LIVE CHAT TOMORROW….Jen and I will let you know exactly when tomorrow……………………….enjoy your day…………Love………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Looks as Though QVC Heard the Linea Ladies Roar -- Thank You, Louis (Whisper Knit)

He's such a class act.  QVC is lucky to have him, as we all are!

Honored Contributor

Re: Looks as Though QVC Heard the Linea Ladies Roar -- Thank You, Louis (Whisper Knit)

I, for one, feared the Whisper Knits were going to be dropped because of (possibly) being too expensive to produce without returning a sizable profit.  Yes, I'm a worrier.

This is fabulous news for me.  I live and breathe Whisper Knit!

Contributor

That's wonderful news! I've lost 42 lbs so I truly need to replenish my WK sweaters!  Your designs are always beautiful, classic and timeless!  Look forward to seeing your new sweater.  I have many of your jackets which I also love but I'll be donating them.  God Bless! ❤️

Honored Contributor

I really didn't think they listen to board talk. Glad I'm wrong.

Honored Contributor

It’s probably all the phone calls the forum talk.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

A girl can NEVER have enough Whisper Knits!

They are 3 seasons, go casual and dressy, machine wash, look great with or without a necklace (but with, of course!) COMFORTABLE, not too light or too heavy, take color great, layer or not, wear like iron and flatter every figure.

What's not to love? Thank you QVC for fixing the huge mistake of only purchasing 1 order this fall & winter season.

Respected Contributor

Fantastic news!!  Whisper knits are the core of my wardrobe, and yes, I wear them year round, depending on the style.

I too have gone down a size or maybe two, and need some replenishing.  Yesterday I pulled out my dark olive swing style ballet neck sweater to wear "around the house" and that truly is the kiss of death as I'm always getting stuff on it and cat hair and snags....etc.  Cooking and washing dishes can ruin a sweater, as my mother would say, "in one fell swoop!"

But.....I just could NOT do it to that gorgeous sweater, which has been worn so often and still looks wonderful.  When my Loden trench arrives I'd like to try it under that.

I need to pick up some everyday sweaters at Marshall's for around the house, and not ruin my WK's; you never know how long we will be able to get new ones.  

With that said, they are the most comfortable ever = if the house is cold they feel warm, if the house is warmer they are cool and silky.  The BEST.  And super flattering.

Yay to Louis for representing us so well....!  Can't wait to see the FB video!

Esteemed Contributor

WK are my core go to pieces I wear them year round as well unless it's super hot.

Another thing WK takes and holds color so well I have washed mine over and over again; no fading, piling and the colors don't run no matter how old the pieces are.

Trusted Contributor

QVC, I bought all 4 colors of WK. I bought 3 of the remaining stock of WK.

I love WK. I wash on gentle and air dry. I have some from the beginning when @crdb named them and they still look good. 3/4 of my wardrobe is WK.

Paraphrasing "Field of Dreams", bring it and they will buy.