Regular Contributor

Re: Linea’s 20th Anniversary! Let’s share memories, favorite designs, etc.!

[ Edited ]

What fun to read all your stories! My first Linea show was 15 years ago --  I was SOLD on Louis and Jac right away. And when the quality garments arrived? Ever since then 80% of my clothes have been Linea. 

I have learned so much about clothing construction from watching Louis, and the atmosphere of the shows with the teamwork of the regular models was delightful. 

Stand-out favorites include the melange tweed jackets with coordinating brooches. I wore the olive to a successful job interview!

septshow7-700x437.jpg

The sage jacket trimmed with zippers is a killer

Jan-snow1-700x437.jpg

In 2019 he changed my life again with a new wardrobe in Loden -- the faux suede trench is luxurious, the olive crepe blazer, the camo skirt (bought extras because I will wear them out). Who else could make me feel chic at 64?

Q37-768x432.jpg

Are we not fortunate to have a great artist designing clothes we can afford, and answering all our crazy questions? A big anniversary toast to the incredible Louis!.

Contributor

One of my favorite items is that turquoise blouse that went with the jumpsuit. I didn't get the jumpsuit but bought the turquoise and olive blouses. I wear them weekly. The sad thing is I got a spot on the turquoise that shows  That broke my heart. Would love to have that exact tunic in more colors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldengirl  If it's a grease spot from salad oil, try some Lestoil with a soft toothbrush on the spot and wash as usual. I usually hang my Linea to air dry. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I second the use of Lestoil for stains on my Linea. I learned of this from you ladies here on this forum. You can find it at Home Depot. Strong pine smell that dissipates after laundering and works like magic. 

Respected Contributor

@moto wrote:

I second the use of Lestoil for stains on my Linea. I learned of this from you ladies here on this forum. You can find it at Home Depot. Strong pine smell that dissipates after laundering and works like magic. 

Although I don't have any Lestoil in my house right now (and I will get some as soon as I can), it is a brand that was wildly popular when I was a kid in the 1950's and 60's---I guess I didn't realize that an entire generation is unaware of it! It's market share was overtaken by Mr. Clean!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@moto wrote:

Some supermarkets carry Lestoil in the cleaning & laundry detergent aisle.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I think it was a twin set with pailettes on the cardigan.  I purchased and still wear it.  Louis also had a blazer with a hood.  I did not purchase as I have no use for a blazer with a hood. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ahhhh!! There's no one like Louis.  To this day I can go into my closet and....just looking at the piece of clothes I can pick out his clothes.

I've told the story here before that one of my favorite pieces he designed is a jacket.  It feels like silk.  It's called something like window panes.  I have several of those jackets.  One I keep seeing in the closet is a light blue with navy blue stripes that looks like a window pane.

I miss seeing Louis.  Sometimes I wonder  what he's doing.  I hope he isn't lonely.

I'm a widow too (been almost 16 years) so I understand the loneliness one feels when a life partner dies.  

I used to watch the two of them on QVC and the love they had for each other was wonderful.

I honestly believe that one day they'll be together again.  No one deserves happiness more than Louis.  

He's given us so many beautiful things to enjoy.  

Wishing Louis years of peace.

Respected Contributor

I have had this set for at least 4 years and every time I wear it I get so many "where did you buy that?" that DH said I should print out a card. The pink is perfect....almost caused a riot at the nurses station when I visited a friend in the hospital.I LOVE Louis and wish him well.

As Is" Linea by Louis Dell' Olio Crinkle Georgette Shirt w/ Shell ...

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I don't know if you realize that he has reinvented that jacket into a shirt/jacket of faux shantung.  It was the Big Deal a few weeks ago.  It is

A377808
Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Windowpane Faux Shantung Jacket

I thought you might want to look at his offering and color combos.

KK