Respected Contributor

Re: Linea’s 20th Anniversary! Let’s share memories, favorite designs, etc.!

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Does anyone remember these beautiful suits that came in violet, ivory, and black? 

They were made of a textured material with black satin accents. That black satin ruffle down the front of the jacket and the cuffs,

the satin covered buttons, and the satin trim on the pocket openings

were such great touches to this elegant jacket.  

Here is link to a video of the suit on QVC.  I tried to get it to play on my computer without success.  Maybe you will have better luck.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Satin-Ruffle-Jacket-with-Seam-Detail.product.A229713.htm... 

I wore the Violet Sequined Dress and this Violet Satin Ruffle Jacket to my son's wedding in 2013! Fabulous!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Writer with Flair, that is one of my favorites too, the Lotus collection with the Chanel jacket & pants. I own both the pink & bamboo sets & have worn them to 2 weddings during the daytime.

JustJazzmom,

You just cannot go wrong with these pieces.  Those outfits must have looked great for those weddings.  I bet the brides were jealous!   

Yes! I wore the Pink version to my niece's summer wedding in June 2017 in Boston! Love!

Respected Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

@Writer with Flair I have that chanel  suit in pink with all the pieces that coordinate and I love it and still wear it.  I even posted a picture of myself on Louis' face book page.  However my introduction to Louis is a little different.  Maybe 18 ? years ago, I was searching e-bay under the color purple, and up came a silk blouse for $2.00.  I thought, can't go wrong, so I ordered it.  it really wasn't purple, it was blue.  But I fell in love with the fabric, it was a very good quality, nicer then I had ever had.  Linea ment nothing to me, but later I saw him on the Q and thought Oh wow, that is the same brand as that silk blouse!  I've been a linea Lady ever since.  I'd say my favorite is whisper knit.  I literly have one of everything!  I am alergic to wool, so I have never had nice sweaters, so I really went overboard.  I ordered the bracelet and the aqua BD.  I love having you all as friends.  Karen in Washington.

I agree with the Whisper Knit being my favorite! I have tons and tons of Linea, but if you told me I could only have one "collection" I'd say Whisper Knot for sure---and let me keep one of my many Leather jackets, too!  Whisper Knit is just the most comfortable, yet stylish, line ever! It's all that--and a box of chocolates!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alliswell wrote:

Besides being the best designer, Louis is a very classy guy. Heart

Thank goodness for the videos Louis posts on Facebook and on his blog.  

Just wondering if anyone remembers Louis' very first today's special value?

January 2013, first TSV, I have in almost every color!

Would you believe….the day has come…..a LINEA TSV!!!!! It’s been a LONG time between DRINKS, and I know everyone was feeling very parched, but the day HAS come and I hope you are happy with my offering! When I was told by my buyer to come up with a TSV proposal, after I got up from the floor, I thought OK, what should this be???? After so many years it had better be something good…….. WK sweater??? no I have BIG programs in WK coming up and I’ve got those bases covered, a dress…..to chancy and not everyone is on the dress band wagon……..for me there was NO QUESTION……..it had to be a jacket….that’s what I have always, through my entire career, been know for and that’s what I do best…..but which jacket???A blazer….no too basic, but I’m known for blazers….so how can we tweak it…..light bulb!!…. The DENIM JACKET, A222543, in a Ponte Knit…..was the answer for me. Almost EVERYONE loved the style and the fabric, [read the reviews], so I said “let’s do it with a twist…..a new fabric and some wonderful colors!” VOILA the TSV was born!!!!!!!!!! The colors being offered are……….IVORY……..BLACK…….NAVY……CORAL……IRIS…….SEA GREEN……..This jacket style and measurement, fit wise, is almost identical to the denim….. so whatever size you purchased in the denim…..get the exact same size. This jacket was fit, and fit and re-fit by my team and the QVC team and it meets ALL OF OUR STANDARDS! The length of the jacket is approx 24 1/2 inches long for the XS, which is exactly like the denim jacket. From the outside it is almost identical. We added a SEPARATE CUFF which is slightly different from the denim jacket. but that was the only outside change. The cuff is double fabric with three working “SIGNATURE BUTTONS”, so you can turn the cuff back for a slightly more casual attitude, and for those with shorter arms this will solve that problem and still look GOOD. It also shows off all of your NEW LINEA WATCHES an BRACELETS! There are NINE SIGNATURE buttons on this jacket, three on each sleeve and three down the front. There is also a spare of each size on the inside of the jacket. I would remove them and store them in a safe place….ALSO!!! be sure to check your buttons to make sure they are secure….we speak, we cajole, we plead… to make sure the buttons are sewn well, but my Chinese isn’t so good!….so double check. We have been very democratic….there are six colors to choose from and three have silver buttons and three have gold buttons. The Ivory, Navy and Coral have GOLD…..the Black, Sea Green and Iris have SILVER The next question was…..to line or not to line. We discussed and discussed and what we came up with was….we would do both. The front is lined to cover the pocket bag and keep it clean looking.. The back and the sleeves are unlined. Let me be very clear…..this was not done to cut corners! This was done for two very good reasons…..the first, because it was a knit fabric, without the lining the fabric would have MAXIMUM STRETCH. Second, without the lining the jacket would be lighter and COOLER, which would allow you to wear it LONGER into the SEASON. You will notice some seams are piped and some are marrowed, again, not to cut corners, but to provide maximum stretch….and what shows when you hang your jacket up were piped……..piped seams do not stretch. All of the seams on this jacket have 1/4 inch top stitching……this accentuates the shape of the jacket, and in the back where there are many seams for shape, it gives a corset look, which is very flattering. ……..THE PEPLUM…….the BIG CONVERSATION IS…..is a peplum flattering or isn’t it?????I have been a designer for over 35 years….I started when I was 10…LOL…..I have worked with and dressed a zillion women of all ages, and sizes, and IMHO, a MODIFIED PEPLUM, which this is, is very flattering for those who have JLO behinds and more……and for those who are flat. This is not a peplum that shoots out and has lots of shirring. It adds fabric and ease where many women NEED IT. One of my biggest PET PEEVES is seeing a woman wearing a tailored jacket with a back vent, and the vent is SPREADING WIDE OPEN because the jacket is too TIGHT ACROSS THE BUM! With a peplum,all of this is AVOIDED. I know there are skeptics who will not agree with me no matter what I say, and to them I say, “this jacket is not for you”. To those with an open mind I say, “give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised”. For the rest of you, I know you are going to love this jacket, and your biggest problem will be…………WHICH COLOR??????Scroll down for more pictures!!!……….Enjoy……MUCH LOVE………………Louis

Honored Contributor

Writer with Flair, I was a guest to both weddings -- one a renewal of vows followed by luncheon.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I heard Louis before I saw him.  I was walking down my stairs & the TV was on in the living room tuned to QVC & I heard a man's voice mention his beautiful wife Jac who was modeling a sweater.  I think it was around 2008.  I loved the sweater & bought it, my 1st Linea piece.  It was a V-neck 3/4 sleeve with a bugle bead design along the neckline.  My sweater was brown & the shiny beads were sort of a rose gold color I think.  I wore it a lot but ended up giving it away after I lost a few pounds & it got too big for me. But that was the beginning of my addiction & I've been buying ever since LOL

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1
Thank you! 😊
I don’t know why that blouse is still around either. It’s so feminine and pretty. I could still pick up the black but haven’t yet. Blue is not available in my size or I’d definitely get it.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom - What a beautiful picture! The joy in your face reflects the love you and your babies share!

I have that blouse in green also and I love it. It's one of my favorites. Of course, I'm in love with anything green! I think you and I have similar coloring. 

Thank you for sharing the picture with us!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom
Thank you so much! My babies certainly bring me lots of joy.

That green blouse is so fresh and pretty. Wearing it makes me happy. 😊
Good to know we have similar coloring so next tome I’m being indecisive I’ll check with what you’re getting. 😁
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@beach-mom
Thank you so much! My babies certainly bring me lots of joy.

That green blouse is so fresh and pretty. Wearing it makes me happy. 😊
Good to know we have similar coloring so next tome I’m being indecisive I’ll check with what you’re getting. 😁

Mine bring me lots of joy too - but they're the feline variety!

And vice versa! Smiley Wink