Respected Contributor

Re: Linea’s 20th Anniversary! Let’s share memories, favorite designs, etc.!

@mam2fourboys wrote:

Congratulations Louis on 20 wonderful years designing Linea for QVC! Thank you QVC for bringing us such a unique and special designer who makes the MOST beautiful, high quality, feminine clothing that I can actually afford!

i have only been wearing Linea for 7 years now, but I have fallen in love with wearing my clothing and wear only Linea unless I am exercising or gardening. Louis is such a treasure and I am so glad that I got to see Jac model his designs and learn more about this lovely couple. It has been such a pleasure to converse with the sweet Linea Ladies and Louis on his website. 

I thought we could share favorite Linea pieces or memories. The first item I bought was an ivory, waist whittling WK sweater and I bought several others in that similar design. One of my favorites!  I absolutely love ALL of the skirts Louis designs, but my most favorite include the airy boho skirts and the recent long embroidered tulle skirt.  If I have to choose one last favorite, it would be between the sapphire floral print flutter sleeve blouse or the rose lace inset top....both so lovely!

On a more serious note, one of my sons went through a serious medical issue a few years ago that involved traveling for treatments and a long period away from my husband and other sons. So many days I sat in a waiting room feeling like I was just completely crumbling inside, but I had some comfortable Linea outfit on so I knew that I at least looked put together on the outside. It gave me a bit of comfort. 

Okay Ladies, please share!  Looking forward to tonight's show! Hugs to you all!

Mom2fourboys,

What a wonderful way to celebrate Louis' 20th  Anniversary at QVC!  Thanks so much for suggesting it.  

Trusted Contributor

I remember when Louis first introduced pebble crepe. There was a gorgeous bias cut gored skirt that I still wear in black. I just donated the original jumpsuit in turquoise that had a matching big shirt. 

I still wear an ivory TSV sweater that was a turtleneck with embroidered bell sleeves--along with several kimono style cardigans with the same embroidery. 

I have several boucle suits, the boucle tuxedo jacket and skirt, the silver gray sequin skirt and jacket, 

I have a handful of the silk georgette blouses that had the zebra print in black on jeweltone background and 7 of the silk windowpane blouses (now 8 with new shantung in yellow!), and lots of topper style jackets in crepe, wool boucle, and linen which will never go out of style. 

Thank you, Louis, for two decades of divine! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

So many beautiful memories...  Where do I begin?

Woefully, I missed out on Louis and Linea's first decade at QVC.  So, I never had the pleasure of purchasing the silk blouses or boiled wool jackets, etc.  Whenever you pioneer purchasers crowed about having had the good fortune to buy those luscious items, I burned with envy.  But I've had a full decade of buying such deliciously and stylishly beautiful items from Louis that I no longer resent missing out.

When I saw my first Linea show on QVC, I was thrilled to behold clothes and jewelry that suited me and my self-image.  I'd emotionally outgrown so many of the lines I once wore and were bought from retail chains.  Some of my favorite stores had already gone out of business, too.

Viewing my first Linea presentation, I remember thinking that I, Goldie76, was being shown lovely fashions as though I were a wealthy and fashionable sophisticate.  The models were gorgeous, the clothing was elegant and Louis's styling of the outfits was nonpareil.  Such loveliness to behold.

As a so-called "Winter," I still can never forget the Fall/Winter season that brought the boucle jackets and Whisper Knit sweaters and skirts in the jewel tones.  This was, perhaps, the first time in my life that I could not help myself and bought an outfit in every color.  Oddly, there never was a Whisper Knit skirt in the Sapphire Blue (but I never gave up hope for one). 

Who remembers the Nancy Reagan-inspired five-strand necklaces from that season?  Were they not to die for?  Eventually, I had the green, the red and the mixed one.

boucle jacket

Nancy Reagan-inspired five-strand necklace and Ruby boucle jacket.  All by Linea.

Summer has always been my favorite season, but with Linea, Fall brought its own delights because of the Linea line.  Louis worked up some of the most pleasing confections in burgundies, olive and loden shades as well as muted caramels and tans.  How I loved his pieces!  They were things of beauty unto themselves.  Ah, yes.  Only Louis could do Fall as he did.  I had such a deep passion for his Fall colors.

Who can ever forget the ethereal Jac with her incandescent beauty?  She once modeled for the top fashion houses, and here she was modeling something I could buy and wear.  Only in America.

Louis, thanks for the memories, as Bob Hope used to sing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mHU-beioU

So many of your Linea Ladies have expressed what most of us feel when we wear your clothing and jewelry:  We feel pulled-together, confident and beautiful.  What a gift you have been to us.  

Congratulations and best wishes in the years ahead!

Dear Goldie76,

Thank YOU for the memories!  (Loved the song, by the way.)  You expressed so beautifully, the many things we all feel.

After reading your post, I am reminded anew how very fortunate we Linea Ladies are to have had the caliber of Louis' designs and Jac's exquisite modeling presence over the years.  

Respected Contributor

@Tylerpoo wrote:

@Writer with Flair When I saw the Lotus set that you showed, I said Wow that was a favorite of mine also. I still have it, will need to pull it out again!

Go for it, Tylerpoo2!  I love that Lotus set, too.  It is so great for travel.  It washes and dries in a flash.  Louis certainly knows how to do "Practical Elegance"  like nobody else.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Writer with Flair, that is one of my favorites too, the Lotus collection with the Chanel jacket & pants. I own both the pink & bamboo sets & have worn them to 2 weddings during the daytime.

JustJazzmom,

You just cannot go wrong with these pieces.  Those outfits must have looked great for those weddings.  I bet the brides were jealous!   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone remember these beautiful suits that came in violet, ivory, and black? 

They were made of a textured material with black satin accents. That black satin ruffle down the front of the jacket and the cuffs,

the satin covered buttons, and the satin trim on the pocket openings

were such great touches to this elegant jacket.  

Here is link to a video of the suit on QVC.  I tried to get it to play on my computer without success.  Maybe you will have better luck.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Satin-Ruffle-Jacket-with-Seam-Detail.product.A229713.htm... 

Respected Contributor

I discovered Louis about six years ago. One of those sleepless nights after my husband passed I tuned into QVC and there was Louis. I can’t remember the first piece(s) I bought. That time period was a blur. So while I’m late to the party and missed out on some fabulous pieces, I still have quite a Linea wardrobe filled with great basics and some very special pieces.

Some favorites include his recent fabulous blazers, his faux suede trench, whisper knits, engineered/placement print tops...

I love the animal jacquard knit zip jacket he did in olive, topaz, etc. and the hooded Ponte blazer which I kick myself for not getting every color.

A few of my recent faves:

I love the floral blouse A347448 shown in the pic below. I got it in green and red and honestly wish I’d gotten every color. Took this pic on Mother’s Day with some of my babies.

I love the shadow print floral blouse A343028 and got three of the colors.

The inset lace top A351465 is another fave that I get compliments on. Initially got the sage and antique rose. When the new neutrals came out I debated for days which to get. Finally ordered all three last night.

Louis’s skirts are so fun and flirty, but I especially love the wildflower skirt, A302604. Got all three colors and the coordinating cold shoulder tops in rhubarb and black.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.  Cheers! 🥂

D3507FF0-2174-456A-A2F5-72CEDA78B10B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Two of Louis' coats...........one in red and one in white.  I have both.  I would have loved to have ordered the long trench coat but they were too warm for Florida, sadly!poncho16-768x432.jpg

poncho15.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Writer with Flair I have that chanel  suit in pink with all the pieces that coordinate and I love it and still wear it.  I even posted a picture of myself on Louis' face book page.  However my introduction to Louis is a little different.  Maybe 18 ? years ago, I was searching e-bay under the color purple, and up came a silk blouse for $2.00.  I thought, can't go wrong, so I ordered it.  it really wasn't purple, it was blue.  But I fell in love with the fabric, it was a very good quality, nicer then I had ever had.  Linea ment nothing to me, but later I saw him on the Q and thought Oh wow, that is the same brand as that silk blouse!  I've been a linea Lady ever since.  I'd say my favorite is whisper knit.  I literly have one of everything!  I am alergic to wool, so I have never had nice sweaters, so I really went overboard.  I ordered the bracelet and the aqua BD.  I love having you all as friends.  Karen in Washington.

Respected Contributor

morewineplease, that is a great picture, and those puppies are amazing. I love your blouse and have it in the sapphire and black. I love it too. Don't know why it's still around?