Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linea’s 20th Anniversary! Let’s share memories, favorite designs, etc.!

My favorites are Louis' thick wood boucle jackets (so warm) and his wonderful heavy mm silks in jewel tones. I bought many of each and still wear them. They are like-new; I wear them periodically now that I'm retired, but the cleaners love my business.

Gorgeous fabrics, superb styles, amazing quality and details by Louis Del'Olio. How I wish QVC would let Linea return to those fabulous fabrics!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Besides being the best designer, Louis is a very classy guy. Heart

Thank goodness for the videos Louis posts on Facebook and on his blog.  

Just wondering if anyone remembers Louis' very first today's special value?

Honored Contributor

Five years ago I'd never heard of Linea - or Louis. I'd been shopping at QVC, mostly for shoes and jewelry, with a few clothing pieces I'd found. Then I saw a French Sailor Sweater that took my breath away. I didn't know the designer of course, but I took a chance. I was blown away. The quality and the finishing touches were far above most other brands I'd bought. 

That was the start of my Linea love affair. I quickly learned everything I could about Louis and DVR'd his shows. I didn't "know" Jac that long, but I enjoyed reading about her. And I could tell his regular models were especially devoted to him. 

My favorite pieces? It's hard to pick one. The trench coats for sure. I live in the Boho skirts and safari shirts in the summer. Love them. I do a lot of public speaking and I rely on his moss crepe maxi dresses.

I also couldn't believe how much of his jewelry I would get. I wear mostly Southwest jewelry, and this is a lot different. But I fell in love with - and it's my favorite jewelry piece - the open flower set from a few years ago. In fact I wore it today when I filmed an online segment. It reminds me of spring and summer, and my mom, who loved flowers.

Happy 20th anniversary to Louis, Jennifer, his models, his staff - and to all of you who were lucky to "discover" his amazing fashions and jewelry along the way, whether you found him 20 years ago or whether you found him today! And thank you for the amazing advice on this forum!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my favorites collections was the one with the Chanel-type Jacket and Pants (in a faux hop sack linen fabric) and the coordinating Faux de Chine Lotus Print Shell and Cardigan.  I got the jackets, pants, printed cardigan and shell in both the Bamboo and Blush colorways and a pair of black solid hop sack linen pants as well . 

I really liked how you could tie the cardigan in such a way that it looked like a surplice top.  Very classy.

I still wear these pieces with a coordinating black quilted leather purse with a chain and leather strap.  I also have coordinating cap toe flats in black and a light beige (matches the Bamboo color) and in black and a blush color.  I wear Louis' pink pearls and several Chanel-looking Napier and Trifari necklaces similar to the ones in the first pictures.

Whenever I wear any of these pieces, I feel equal to any occasion--classy, well-dressed, and beautifully styled.         

Thank you, Louis, for twenty amazing years of great fashion!  I have learned so much from you.

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair Thanks so much for the memory!  It was a fabulous collection!  You are sending me on a scavenger hunt for the jacket, the cardigan and pants.  It's packed up somewhere.  I, totally, forgot about the cardigan being tied into a surplice top!  It would look great with the sequin pants!  I adore Louis' pearls as well!

What a fun posting!  All of Louis' treasures!  Thank you especially for the pictures as well!  The pictures tell a story of his designs..................timeless!  

Whether you are a longtime Linea lady or a recent one, aren't we lucky?

Respected Contributor

All of Louis's treasures indeed, thanks for all the memories of these beautiful pieces we were so fortunate to have over the past 20 years everyone!

I watched the first show he had on QVC and was dumbfounded that he was here, the channel where I had bought a few denim and co. pieces for wearing at home, and Susan Graver which never lived up to the hype but they fit and traveled well and I could "make them work."

Then along came Louis with his affordable classy sophisticated extraordinary superb clothing!  I knew the name from seeing it signed on the Anne Klein Vogue ads, pages of them in each September issue I drooled over, so I was shocked but  thrilled he was at QVC.  And Jac as well!

I ordered two pieces from that first show, a stunning green cardigan with real white mother of pearl statement buttons, lovely sleeves, a collar even, that was shown worn buttoned up over a long pencil skirt, a midi length.  I bought the skirt as well in the perfect chocolate color and wore them together for years, absolutely fabulous pieces.  

I have been wearing Linea ever since:  silk blouses (an ivory one with Celtic embroidery that I still wear and always get compliments, it's now boho chic I think), the suede jackets, boucle topper, boiled wool, the Chanel pearl trimmed jacket, blouses, sequins, the jewelry!, jeans, the trench coats, moss crepe, gauze, faux suede. 

My closet is predominantly Linea, and I hope to keep wearing treasured pieces for many years and add new ones as long as Louis keeps bringing them to us. I'm loving reading everyone's Linea stories.

Congratulations Louis on 20 years of bringing fabulous design to us; we love you.

Honored Contributor

I have never bought the dressier items from Linea, my lifestyle just didn't support them, especially after I retired.  What I stuck with were the versatile items that could be worn just about anywhere.  I still wear my three leopard print jackets.  They are especially nice for travel because they just don't show wrinkles no matter what you do to them. His photo montages of new items are a pleasure to view. What a master stylist.  And of course I miss Jac, their loving relationship was admired by all. I really miss their visits. 

Valued Contributor

@Writer with Flair When I saw the Lotus set that you showed, I said Wow that was a favorite of mine also. I still have it, will need to pull it out again!

Honored Contributor

Writer with Flair, that is one of my favorites too, the Lotus collection with the Chanel jacket & pants. I own both the pink & bamboo sets & have worn them to 2 weddings during the daytime.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@Writer with Flair Thanks so much for the memory!  It was a fabulous collection!  You are sending me on a scavenger hunt for the jacket, the cardigan and pants.  It's packed up somewhere.  I, totally, forgot about the cardigan being tied into a surplice top!  It would look great with the sequin pants!  I adore Louis' pearls as well!

What a fun posting!  All of Louis' treasures!  Thank you especially for the pictures as well!  The pictures tell a story of his designs..................timeless!  

Whether you are a longtime Linea lady or a recent one, aren't we lucky?

Somertime,

What a great idea to wear that cardigan as a surplice top with the sequin pants!  I love it!

I totally agree:  Louis' pearls are gorgeous and  of such spectacular quality. Their weight is extraordinary.  I still cannot believe that I purchased pearls that nice at such an amazing price.

Yes,  Somertime, we truly are lucky to be Linea Ladies.