Super Contributor

Linea’s 20th Anniversary! Let’s share memories, favorite designs, etc.!

Congratulations Louis on 20 wonderful years designing Linea for QVC! Thank you QVC for bringing us such a unique and special designer who makes the MOST beautiful, high quality, feminine clothing that I can actually afford!

i have only been wearing Linea for 7 years now, but I have fallen in love with wearing my clothing and wear only Linea unless I am exercising or gardening. Louis is such a treasure and I am so glad that I got to see Jac model his designs and learn more about this lovely couple. It has been such a pleasure to converse with the sweet Linea Ladies and Louis on his website. 

I thought we could share favorite Linea pieces or memories. The first item I bought was an ivory, waist whittling WK sweater and I bought several others in that similar design. One of my favorites!  I absolutely love ALL of the skirts Louis designs, but my most favorite include the airy boho skirts and the recent long embroidered tulle skirt.  If I have to choose one last favorite, it would be between the sapphire floral print flutter sleeve blouse or the rose lace inset top....both so lovely!

On a more serious note, one of my sons went through a serious medical issue a few years ago that involved traveling for treatments and a long period away from my husband and other sons. So many days I sat in a waiting room feeling like I was just completely crumbling inside, but I had some comfortable Linea outfit on so I knew that I at least looked put together on the outside. It gave me a bit of comfort. 

Okay Ladies, please share!  Looking forward to tonight's show! Hugs to you all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Linea’s 20th Anniversary! Let’s share memories, favorite designs, etc.!

[ Edited ]

@mam2fourboys Hope your son is over his medical issue which was probably stressful for all.

I'll never forget the time that the studio had a power outage for one of his shows & we never got to see the item we all were waiting for to see presented. We also had the same outage. Maybe it was a huge storm? Sandy? I can't remember but we were all disappointed.

I've been wearing Linea since 2007. I miss his silks and those I have look brand new.

I like the classic styles he presents with a modern twist. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh you are just a baby, mom2fourboys! LOL! I bought from almost the very beginning--I missed the premier Bahamas show! I couldn't buy a lot of his jackets/sweaters with trim on the cuffs since I have shorter arms and always require adjustments, but I bought skirts, tanks, t-necks, etc., so I did find things that worked for me--and then I moved to Paris and brought some Linea with me--but I missed ordering from 2004 through 2007 while I was there. By the time I moved back to the US, Louis was offering many 3/4 sleeved items and that was perfect for me! So since 2008, I've been buying Linea non-stop!

I have to say if I have to have a favorite--it's Whisperknit!  Love, love, love and wearing right now!

Good thread!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing would be impossible, but I love Louis' jackets. I have a few of the suede jackets with the studs and another with metal rings that I still get complements on. The boucle topper with the dripping floral emb is a show stopper and I have it in three colors and glad I do! One of my favorite evening jackets is the original black boucle with the twisted black ribbon and ivory pearl banding the whole jacket. It is one of those forever jackets. It is so sophisticated and chic, This is another jacket that always gets complimemnts. I've even worn it with a  black tank and white jeans.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first purchase from Linea was a Black Chanel jacket, trimmed in pearls and ribbon.  The pearls went around the neck, down the front of the jacket, the bottom was trimmed as well as the sleeves and pocket.  It came in purple as well.  I bought both of them and well as the matching skirts. I could not sleep, nothing was on television and I turned on QVC for the first time, it was a late night showing and there was this fantastic suit at a price that was unbelievable!   I was in shock seeing this beautiful suit!!  I've been a Linea Lady ever since!

They are still in my closet, today and I wore the black pearl jacket with the sequin pants in January!

When I lived in NY, I wore a lot of Anne Klein ll while Louis was still at Anne Klein.  In moving to Florida, I found it difficult to get the style of clothes I wanted until at 2:00AM. there was Linea!  Talk about answered prayers!

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1   I didn't see your comments until after I posted!  I agree about the boucle jacket...........my favorite, too as well as my first purchase!

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

One thing would be impossible, but I love Louis' jackets. I have a few of the suede jackets with the studs and another with metal rings that I still get complements on. The boucle topper with the dripping floral emb is a show stopper and I have it in three colors and glad I do! One of my favorite evening jackets is the original black boucle with the twisted black ribbon and ivory pearl banding the whole jacket. It is one of those forever jackets. It is so sophisticated and chic, This is another jacket that always gets complimemnts. I've even worn it with a  black tank and white jeans.

Marilyn, I sooo remember that boucle jacket with the embroidery--I can still see Angela and Kate modeling it in my mind's eye! But it could not be altered for my shorter arms and I was so sad to have to miss out on it and others like that. Classic for sure!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I have great memories of the fabrics he used to be able to use.  The silks and wools.  I still have some coats and jackets tucked away that I get out every winter.  I just took two linen blazers to the cleaners to be pressed for this summer assuming I will be released from quarantine before summer is over otherwise I will just look great walking to the mailbox!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been buying Linea since 2005.  I truly enjoy Louis’s ‘magic’ with bringing us fabulous fabrications that mimic Silk, Wool, Crepe, Shantung, Cashmere etc.  I am no longer running back and forth to the Dry Cleaners (not even mentioning the expense). I wear Linea with ease - not being concerned with getting a stain or looking wrinkled. Some of my favourites are the Boho Skirts (wear them through all 4 seasons), anything Whisper Knit (I could live in WK), and the Long Trench Coats - I have all 3 colours.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So many beautiful memories...  Where do I begin?

Woefully, I missed out on Louis and Linea's first decade at QVC.  So, I never had the pleasure of purchasing the silk blouses or boiled wool jackets, etc.  Whenever you pioneer purchasers crowed about having had the good fortune to buy those luscious items, I burned with envy.  But I've had a full decade of buying such deliciously and stylishly beautiful items from Louis that I no longer resent missing out.

When I saw my first Linea show on QVC, I was thrilled to behold clothes and jewelry that suited me and my self-image.  I'd emotionally outgrown so many of the lines I once wore and were bought from retail chains.  Some of my favorite stores had already gone out of business, too.

Viewing my first Linea presentation, I remember thinking that I, Goldie76, was being shown lovely fashions as though I were a wealthy and fashionable sophisticate.  The models were gorgeous, the clothing was elegant and Louis's styling of the outfits was nonpareil.  Such loveliness to behold.

As a so-called "Winter," I still can never forget the Fall/Winter season that brought the boucle jackets and Whisper Knit sweaters and skirts in the jewel tones.  This was, perhaps, the first time in my life that I could not help myself and bought an outfit in every color.  Oddly, there never was a Whisper Knit skirt in the Sapphire Blue (but I never gave up hope for one). 

Who remembers the Nancy Reagan-inspired five-strand necklaces from that season?  Were they not to die for?  Eventually, I had the green, the red and the mixed one.

boucle jacket

Nancy Reagan-inspired five-strand necklace and Ruby boucle jacket.  All by Linea.

Summer has always been my favorite season, but with Linea, Fall brought its own delights because of the Linea line.  Louis worked up some of the most pleasing confections in burgundies, olive and loden shades as well as muted caramels and tans.  How I loved his pieces!  They were things of beauty unto themselves.  Ah, yes.  Only Louis could do Fall as he did.  I had such a deep passion for his Fall colors.

Who can ever forget the ethereal Jac with her incandescent beauty?  She once modeled for the top fashion houses, and here she was modeling something I could buy and wear.  Only in America.

Louis, thanks for the memories, as Bob Hope used to sing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mHU-beioU

So many of your Linea Ladies have expressed what most of us feel when we wear your clothing and jewelry:  We feel pulled-together, confident and beautiful.  What a gift you have been to us.  

Congratulations and best wishes in the years ahead!