Super Contributor

Re: Linea faux suede trench still “in process”? Has anyone’s shipped?

[ Edited ]

Okay, my beautiful vino trench coat finally arrived today!  It was in a bag, but miraculously not wrinkled.  (I'm surprised as UPS drops off to the local post office here and I'm always aghast at the holes in the sides of boxes clearly labeled "fragile" with very fragile things inside them, like Valerie's spheres.). 

The vino is SUCH a lovely color.  Not a more brown wine, but that perfect deep wine color!  This is my first Linea trench and I am so impressed.  The quality and details, and THE FABRIC!!!!  So soft and luscious!  

I usually wear a 4 in Linea tops, but sometimes need a 6 for shoulder room so that is what I got.  It is a touch roomy on me, but will allow me to wear heaviers sweaters underneath.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I received my trench yesterday — saturated espresso color, soft to touch — just lovely; but like @GraceCO  I goofed on sizing. I need 1 size up as across the shoulders it pulls when I cross my arms. Need that extra 1/2” so it doesn’t pull. The replacement trench is on waitlist, so there is a good chance I will get it. 

I really hate numerical sizing because even though I know my size, dyes take differently to different fabrics. I ordered the same size as the original trench & even though that fits properly, I encountered the problem mentioned above with the new one. 

@JustJazzmom  - I experienced the same thing.  I ordered the espresso and the loden, both in the same size as the original.  One fits well, the other is too small.  Luckily the espresso fits and it is my favorite.  Im going to send back the loden as miss sized.  I checked some click here measurements and they are different between the two.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO
What colors in the trench did you get? I have the vino coming, trying to decide between espresso and loden - I have both on check hold. If I lived in a cooler climate I’d get all of them! So I’m curious what everyone is thinking of the colors.

I’m between sizes. After reading the comments I’m glad I went with my larger size!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
@GraceCO
What colors in the trench did you get? I have the vino coming, trying to decide between espresso and loden - I have both on check hold. If I lived in a cooler climate I’d get all of them! So I’m curious what everyone is thinking of the colors.

I’m between sizes. After reading the comments I’m glad I went with my larger size!

@crazycockermom 

Yes, you were wise to order your larger size!

I purchased the black, espresso & loden green. Haven't seen the loden green yet, but the espresso is beautiful in that faux suede. The color accentuates the texture of the fabric. The black is luxe, and of course, works with everything.

I remember you live in Florida, so it's understandable why you're settling on just one. I'm guessing you'll likely wear it more in cooler weather in the evening? Choosing the color will be tough, because they are all so appealing. 

Trusted Contributor

I received the Loden in my normal size. It fits great and the color is gorgeous. It's a deep olive green. I have Expresso coming. Not sure if they will be too similar in color to keep both.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@GraceCO
Thanks for responding! I of course like the black but have other black coats that will suffice. Like @morganjen, I was afraid the espresso and loden would be too similar. And I love both is why I had such a hard time deciding.

I have my go-to black leather jacket that I wear when the weather gets cooler and I expect I’d wear the trench the same way. Not just the evenings, but during the day too. The vino will go with certain colors and I thought either the espresso or loden would go with colors that the vino wouldn’t. But Louis is killing my budget lately so I’m trying to be good.
Respected Contributor

I received my trench yesterday.  In the bag, not at all wrinkled.  I have it hanging now.  I wanted to try it on but it's been in the mid to upper 80's yesterday and today and I just can't do it in this heat, so I'll wait to to try it on over the weekend when it's in the 70's.  Have to say that I love the fabric and weight better than the original.

I'm a little nervous about size/fit after reading some of the comments in here.  I got the original trench in a 12 -- but while it fit on my bottom half I felt it was too big on the top half, where I'm a 10.  So, between that and the click here measurements (and that I've gotten some other Linea in 10), I went with the 10.  Hoping it's not too small!!  But I won't be wearing bulky items underneath and often will wear it open, so we'll see.