Regular Contributor

Linea compliments from strangers: your stories too?

I was at a big trade show last week and two different women stopped me and said "You look so good, where did you get those clothes?" I am a L and 65 yrs old, so it wasn't because I was a cute little size 2. I gave my Linea spiel. Was wearing an olive/walnut combo of crepe gauze jacket, safari set, floral skirt, brown tights and booties. 

Who else has had compliments lately from strangers?

Thanks to Louis for his great designs!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea compliments from strangers: your stories too?

I received many complements wearing the gold tulle skirt on the cruise.  Picture of the outfit is under" cruise update". I am the one standing up and my sister is sitting down.  Surprisingly neither of us knew what the other was wearing, yet her dress ( that cost a few times more than my outfit) and my out with the Linea skirt looked  quite similar. LOL. We both laughed.   I also purchased the blue tulle and I am going to waer it on Valentines day.  I am looking for a royal blue top.  Considering a royal blue cashmere sweater at Dillards but I don't know if the look would be too boxy.  I am 5 ft 4 and have to wear flats.

Valued Contributor

I love the trenches--have three of the original.  I recently took my black one on a trip to Seattle and wore it to death.  EVERYONE (including me) loved it!!!  

KK

Respected Contributor

I get compliments all the time on Linea, both clothing and jewelry! 

Many times it is a simple casual outfit, with a Linea piece that just steals the show.  The trenchcoats for sure, always, from the original one with the black facings, then the long ones, stunning, and finally the new faux suede that people do reach out and touch.  It is so classic, yet modern and luxe and I wear it often with jeans and a beautiful sweater, no belt.

I love knowing I can always find the perfect outfit or piece to "make" an outfit in my closet from my Linea collection.

It's also nice to speak with young women who admire how I look and give them the idea that "being older" isn't necessarily being frumpy or sloppy and outdated.  Or, spending a fortune!

Regular Contributor

@Calcgirl that is a darling photo with your sister!

Respected Contributor

@CGee wrote:

I was at a big trade show last week and two different women stopped me and said "You look so good, where did you get those clothes?" I am a L and 65 yrs old, so it wasn't because I was a cute little size 2. I gave my Linea spiel. Was wearing an olive/walnut combo of crepe gauze jacket, safari set, floral skirt, brown tights and booties. 

Who else has had compliments lately from strangers?

Thanks to Louis for his great designs!

Yes.  often, when I wear one of my LDO wool coats, I usually get compliments.

I have the hunter green swing coat
August 20141

and the black one.

August 20142

I also have the camel peacoat which people seem to like as well.

pea jacket3

Respected Contributor

I do a lot of Louis' "Column of Color" outfits.  People often comment positively when I am wearing one of those monochromatic looks.

I also get inquiries and compliments when I do the Louis double (or more)-necklace-thing.  For some reason, people think I am wearing a really expensive single necklace. 

His great pearl strands from a couple of years back really bring out the positive feedback.  Those are such nice quality pearls.  

Respected Contributor

I think the question is...who DOESN'T get compliments when wearing Linea! For years and years, whenever I'm in Linea clothes and/or jewelry, I'm asked about what I'm wearing and complimented about how I look. That just feels good. And, we all know why that happens. Louis gives us a total look that is impossible to find, unless we all had personal stylists. He is our personal stylist, our secret weapon to looking & feeling good. He gives us the confidence to face the world when oftentimes, as we endure personal issues and losses, it's a challenge to do so. That's just part of why I love Louis and how he remains a treasure and blessing in my life, and I suspect in yours, too. It's not just about the clothes.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I think the question is...who DOESN'T get compliments when wearing Linea! For years and years, whenever I'm in Linea clothes and/or jewelry, I'm asked about what I'm wearing and complimented about how I look. That just feels good. And, we all know why that happens. Louis gives us a total look that is impossible to find, unless we all had personal stylists. He is our personal stylist, our secret weapon to looking & feeling good. He gives us the confidence to face the world when oftentimes, as we endure personal issues and losses, it's a challenge to do so. That's just part of why I love Louis and how he remains a treasure and blessing in my life, and I suspect in yours, too. It's not just about the clothes.

Perfectly stated!  I totally agree.

Respected Contributor

Grace you said that so well. It is so much more than the clothes and jewelry though they give me more confidence in the way I look than I ever had before.Through Louis' inspiring clothes I have stepped way out of my boring comfort zone, and I'm so glad I did. Dressing and accessorizing is so much more fun. I find myself saying yes to things I would never have tried before, and that is all due to Louis. That is the reason I always get compliments when I'm wearing Linea. He is our treasure in so many ways.