Respected Contributor

Re: Linea can't get a TSV, but...

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

I think Moto made some good points!  If you notice this Halston tsv is very simple, no intricate fit details, not much problem with sizing for most.  You could probably order up or down and still be ok.   I think because of that the cost for manufacturing this would be low and they are charging a fairly high price for something like this, so there are profits galore.  

It's a very pretty sweater but would look horrible on my xl short self.  

I was amused by the very expensive "sweat shirt" this a.m.  Really?

And the funny thing is that they don't even have the designer (of course), just a stylist, and are using the Halston name and everyone seems in awe?  

I'm ok with no tsv for Linea; I like the fact that there are limited numbers for his pieces and when I get a compliment and question as to where I got something I know they can try but chances are it is sold out, e.g. the trench coat and the new ribbed cardi.

No offense to anyone, but I have known about Cameron Silver for a while due to his very famous vintage store in LA named Decades. He is well known in the fashion industry and he has designed himslef. He happens to be more than a stylist. He's an author as well. He has has own website if anyone is interested in learning more. He is an expert in vintage couture and high end fashion. I think he's a great pick to represent the H by Halston line for everything noted above. 

But I do feel that H by Halston just debuted and perhaps shouldn't have gotten a TSV so soon. Aimee Kesternberg just got her first the other day.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see a Linea TSV. The more I shop at QVC, the more I'm liking Linea. I truly don't understand why the Q doesn't have MORE Linea shows......His garments get the highest ratings/reviews on the entire QVC site.

Respected Contributor

There is not one single thing that I like about that sad, thin, saggy sweater. 

Respected Contributor

Louis is known as 'Mr. Customer Top Rated' - 55% of all Linea Items are Customer Top Rated! No other Q Vendor in any category even comes close to this percentage.

There are several Linea Items which could have been very successful TSV's - IMO - as follows:

A263354 The Ombre Midi Dress - this dress flew out the door! Was lucky enough to get one (Goldenrod) - it is so beautiful and the workmanship is remarkable!

A263353 The Watercolour Print Top - JJM also mentioned this Top would have been a great TSV - it too disappeared in an instant (I ordered as soon as it was posted and got the Flame)! Thankfully it is being reordered - and 2 new colours!

A259620 The original Whisper Knit Swing Sweater! It disappeared! It just came back into inventory - with 4 new colours!

A267875 The Trench Coat! Gone in a nanosecond! This Coat rivals Burberry - and at a fraction of the price! The design and quality - superb!

A267935 The Moto Jacket! This was an OTO recently and already has 32 Five Star Reviews!

And where else can you get the actual Designer to answer endless questions from Customers - but from Louis and his Linea Blog!

Valued Contributor

I love looking at new fashion and will try something new when I think it will look good on me and last at least a couple of seasons. Today's tsv does not satisfy either one of these criteria. I am 5'6 1/2" and wear heels during the winter, weigh 123 so am not terribly heavy. This sweater would overwhelm me.

There are dozens of Linea pieces that have tempted me a thousand times over the entire Halston line at QVC. Not all of Linea is my cup of tea, some are too conservative and some are clearly more for the business world that I do not participate in. I, too, was surprised how quickly QVC offered a Halston tsv. I haven't seen a Simonton or a Bob Mackie one in quite a while. And was the peplum jacket the last Linea one? If so, when was that?

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember the floral maxi dress (A222262) that came in purple & ivory, black & ivory and moss & ivory and how it flew out the door that the manufacturer had to make it again so it would be available in the summer??

That should have been a TSV too!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't being a "TSV" take away from the exclusivity that Linea lovers obviously enjoy?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Wouldn't being a "TSV" take away from the exclusivity that Linea lovers obviously enjoy?

Actually not Sweetbay, we would want others to know what we already know about this line-- well made clothing that is not overly trendy and is classic.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I am glad QVC is not overexposing Linea.  Louis Dell Olio's clothes are lovely and I am always excited for his shows.  I look forward to them as well as DVR.  I always look at his sneak peaks on his blog, read the descriptions, look at how they are accessorized, etc.  I then make my decisions.  I also read the questions and answer portion for information.  I like that I am able to make informed decisions prior to them being sold on QVC.  I do not buy everything, but I have purchased a lot of lovely items of clothing.  

Respected Contributor

I am totally frustrated because I just wrote a long message about Linea which disappeared into Cyberspace.  Just hit the wrong key, I guess.  Bottom line, love his styles and quality.  I think many would if he had a TSV or more quantity of the designs he presents.  He won't get a TSV until the Q is willing to invest in enough high quality products to last a whole day as a TSV.  Don't understand why that should be so difficult.  I still have clothing that was a Louis TSV years ago and still find them beautiful.  

I have no issue with the H by Halston line.  I'm very impressed by Cameron.  But, I don't think they deserve a TSV so quickly.  And, I don't think the quality is close to what Louis brings to us.  And the prices are higher.  The TSV was made from unattractive materials and was very thin.  I also hated the high-low hem.  Not a classic style, quality of materials were very low compared to Louis' clothes.  I was not tempted.

Q, please bring us a Louis TSV soon and please honor and respect his clothing enough to bring in a quantity that will support sales through a whole day.  You will sell many if you choose the right item.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama