Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea as we knew and loved........?

Sahm, I agree with your assessment.  If the Q buyers thought we were going to purchase other vendors sweaters, shells, 'pima' cotton or 'Liquid knit' items instead of Whisper Knit, they really made a bad business decision.  

I too have not purchased what I used to and am finding things at JJill or Chicos to satisfy me.  

The jewelry, while beautiful, isn't my style, so an expanded line there doesn't interest me.  I can only guess that because those items tend to sell out faster than some of the Linea apparel recently, they have pushed Louis to do more jewelry.  

My fall, winter and partial spring wardrobe is heavily made up of WK.  I really need to replace the ivory/white items as they get the most use and do get a little dingy after years of laundering. 

There really does need to be a Linea Essentials line that includes the standard WK items and ponte items. I don't know anyone of any age that those pieces are not right for.  The 20 YO daughter of my favorite cousin loved the three WK tank shells I offered her (I don't wear suits anymore!); my 30 YO niece loved the swing sweaters I gave her as a gift and I often get the 40YO Moms in my neighborhood asking me 'that's a great looking sweater, where did you get it"!  That said, I certainly don't want to constrain Louis creative juices by so severely limiting what's left of his budget after our need for WK replacements is satisfied!  

I don't know what the answer is, but I think we've changed over Louis' 20 years at the Q, the way fashion is purchased has changed, he's changed and the Q has changed.  2020 will be interesting.  

Valued Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The more I read the fashion wisdom of Sahmlam and Writer with Flair, the more convinced I am that QVC needs a Linea Point Person (selected from Linea Ladies such as S. and W.), someone designated for consultation and suggestions.  These two Linea lovers have come up with some brilliant ideas for promoting and preserving our beloved Linea.

ETA:  To clarify, the "fashion wisdom" to which I refer has to do with an understanding of what most Linea ladies want, not fashion in general.  Of course, Louis is a true fashion genius, and  QVC buyers are expected to possess fashion acumen.  

@golding76 that is a great idea! 

And QVC should select YOU to write the descriptions of the garments & jewelry.  You have an extraordinary way with words & you never fail to capture the essence of LDO's fashions. 

Now, if only they would let HIS photos be used instead of their horrid photography!

Honored Contributor

emerald,

You are most kind and generous with your words for me.  Listen, I'd do whatever is needed for this "cause." 

The nugget here is that core of essential Linea items Sahmlam introduced.  Truly a great realization.

Respected Contributor

Louis has already stated there will be new whisper knit on next on air appearance.  QVC has already agreed to for next fall whisper knit turtleneck as well as other styles in whisper knit.  It was on his website.

Respected Contributor

Louis already said QVC is buying more whisperknit next year.  Now I only wear whisper knit. Never goes out of shape, washes up beautifully, no moth holes, great styles.  Whisperknit is the only sweaters I now purchase.

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Louis already said QVC is buying more whisperknit next year.  Now I only wear whisper knit. Never goes out of shape, washes up beautifully, no moth holes, great styles.  Whisperknit is the only sweaters I now purchase.

Me, too! I adore WK.  Wish we had a Buttercream WK coming our way. I do love a column of color. Not into the shirt/blouse. It's WK or NOTHING!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 wrote:

@culebra wrote:

Me, too! I adore WK.  Wish we had a Buttercream WK coming our way. I do love a column of color. Not into the shirt/blouse. It's WK or NOTHING!

Sheesh,

I also would like to see Whisper Knits in the Buttercream color--especially a long sleeve turtleneck.  Like you, I love those columns of color.