Honored Contributor

Re: Linea as we knew and loved........?

@dodies 

I agree.  Until he said QVC gave him a separate budget for jewelry, it appeared to me maybe he did like designing it better than clothing at this point in his life...or QVC told him to cut back on clothing. 

There appeared to be more jewelry, less clothing.  He spoke quite a bit about the pieces he designed many years ago for Anne Klein.  So, I can understand why you wondered what was going on.  

While I did purchase a few pieces of jewelry, I'm not a fashion jewelry wearer, so it was disappointing for me to see less fashion.  That should be solved with separate budgets.  

Regular Contributor

Thank you, Foxxee; that's all I meant

Respected Contributor

dodies, I never said it was you who made the remark about Louis leaving the building. I see that the remark has been deleted.

Frequent Contributor

I mourned the change long ago. Hope Louis will bring more new fashions at some point.
Respected Contributor

I don’t understand some of these posts. I discovered Linea maybe five years ago and my closets are filled with his fashions to the point I feel broke. Lol. In my eyes, he brings us amazing clothing!
Super Contributor

Category: Fashion (187) and Jewelry (100)

Honored Contributor

My thoughts:

My purchasing of clothing items at QVC plummeted this year compared to the past few years. I had boxes of Linea clothing arriving last year; this year....not one. That said, I also have purchased no cashmere from Issac either because he brought nothing worthy of being purchased. I don't know what's happened but I do know I don't need or want costume jewelry; polyester high-low tops; tops with ruffles here and there or blends that itch shrink and don't last beyond a year or so. QVC offers the motherload of it, however,

Regarding Linea specifically: The costume jewelry looks like costume jewelry and geez how much do you need to offer of it especially as it begins to all look the same. The elimination of WK was idiotic. I don't know who or why that decision was made, but it was. Leather/sweater jackets were of last year; why nothing new? And believe me, there is plenty of leather out there in other places at great prices (and amazing designs) so don't please don't use "tariffs" as the excuse. You can purchase socks and tights anywhere but NOT WK and NOT his amazing designs of old. What I don't understand is why there isn't' a "core group" of Linea offered all the time: skirt, pants, turtlenecks or tops (depending on the season), cardigans of WK in basic wardrobe shades so anyone who needs to add or a NEW customer looking for classic cut and design can purchase them. Instead, it's off to ebay. How does that help Linea or QVC? Those are lost customers. I know because I'm one of them. 

I'm hoping that next Fall it's a different story and UPS is at my house the way they used to be delivering Linea.

Super Contributor

Ladies, I am an avid Linea fan and reader of his blog and facebook.  It is my understanding that the lack of new whisper knits this year was QVC's decision, just as is everything else that is offered to us.  They choose what to purchase and bring to us.  All of the Linea Ladies were shocked that QVC didn't offer whisper knit and made a bit of noise about it, so now I hear they may be bringing some in for 2020.  Thanks goodness as it is the backbone of my winter wardrobe!

Linea's jewelry is the best and I love it!  QVC is the one who decides how much and which pieces are brought to us.  I am so glad we have such a variety of Linea jewelry to choose from.  I don't buy any other jewelry line.

I do hope that QVC will purchase more Linea ponte pants (straight leg, slim leg and boot cut), as well as whisper knit turtlenecks, skirts, etc.  I have bought oodles of Linea and it is basically all I wear, except for exercise  clothes.  I have had to restrain myself this past year as the offerings were just lovely....all so feminine and of high quality.  It is very hard to find more feminine clothes these days!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

My thoughts:

What I don't understand is why there isn't' a "core group" of Linea offered all the time: skirt, pants, turtlenecks or tops (depending on the season), cardigans of WK in basic wardrobe shades so anyone who needs to add or a NEW customer looking for classic cut and design can purchase them.

Sahmla,

I love your idea of having a "core group" of Linea pieces (especially Whisper Knits) offered all the time.  I know that J. Jill has Wearever Knits that work like that. 

Having key Whisper Knit pieces in basic colors (plus a couple of changing "fashion" colors every season as well) would really work well for me.

I would love to see the following Basic Whisper Knit Pieces continuously stocked:

• Long cardigan
  • Knee length skirt
  • Midi Skirt
  • Pants         
  • Turtleneck
  • Short sleeve shell
  • Longer tunic top with long sleeves 

"Basic" colors to me would include:

• Black
  • Alabaster
  • Taupe
  • Grey
  • Linea Navy

"Fashion" colors I would like to see would include:

• Pastels (Perfectly Pink, Aqua Mist, Lilac, Celadon)
  • Reds/Purples (Blue Red, Liz Claiborne Orange/Red, Brick Red, Burgundy, Wine, Port, Fushia, Magenta, Grape, Boysenberry, Raspberry, etc.)
  • Blues (Caneel Blue, Petrol Blue, Cornflower Blue, Bright Blue, etc.)
  • Greens (Hunter Green, Forest Green, Teal, Olive, Bottle Green, Kelly Green, Moss Green, etc.)
  • Brown/Yellows (Camel, Caramel, Nutmeg, Mustard, Honey, Ochre, Chocolate, Mocha, Walnut, etc.)
  • Whites/Beiges (Optic White, Off-White, Ivory, Beige, Vanilla, Ecru, Latte, etc.)

It also would be nice to have Coordinating Super Ponte and Faux Suede Pieces such as pants, skirts, and blazers, collarless jackets in the the same colors as the basic Whisper Knit items.

I'd also like to see moss crepe, tissue faile, or crepe de chine blouses in coordinating solids or prints that coordinate to the basic and fashion colors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The more I read the fashion wisdom of Sahmlam and Writer with Flair, the more convinced I am that QVC needs a Linea Point Person (selected from Linea Ladies such as S. and W.), someone designated for consultation and suggestions.  These two Linea lovers have come up with some brilliant ideas for promoting and preserving our beloved Linea.

ETA:  To clarify, the "fashion wisdom" to which I refer has to do with an understanding of what most Linea ladies want, not fashion in general.  Of course, Louis is a true fashion genius, and  QVC buyers are expected to possess fashion acumen.