Super Contributor

Re: Linea Tuxedo is in the works

Wonderful news, it's been a reeeeally long wait. Doing the Happy Dance!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Helping I agree with you that it would be nice if the length of the sleeve on the tuxedo jacket is longer than the sleeve on Jac's jacket and is made so that it can be shortened if need be.

Or make the sleeve so that it can be lengthened.

It's just a fact of life  that we are all very different in sizes and proportions. I don't mind at all taking a garment to my seamstress to get it perfect. But the garment has to be made in such a way that it is possible to alter.

The sleeves on the Jac jacket could be shortened but not lengthened because they mitered the hem on the sleeve.  I kept my jackets but would have liked to have lenthened the sleeve about an eighth of an inch.

Esteemed Contributor

Just read this news on his blog ... awesome!   I already know that I'll wear a cream silk shirt under mine!

Respected Contributor

I think Louis has said in the past when this issue came up that QVC has a standard sleeve length that they must use. I wouldn't mind it a little longer myself, but that won't stop me from getting it.

Super Contributor

I am beyond THRILLED with this news. Both style pants and the jacket will be in my cart. I have an older tuxedo style ivory jacket from him with black sequins on the pockets. This will be perfect! I already own sequin pants from Chicos which I like but these I know I will LOVE!! 

Super Contributor

Hi @Marlyn1 ah yes, you're right. I do remember Louis saying that Qvc has a standard sleeve length. But I can still hope they will construct the sleeve in such a way that it can be shortened or lengthened. It would be in their interest to make it that way. I have a number of jackets that don't have the hem mitered where it is turned under and the sleeve can be lengthened or shortened. But we'll see. God give me the serenity, etc. etc.

Trusted Contributor

Louis said on his blog a while back that qvc might go an inch longer but not two on the sleeves. Several people mentioned the sleeves of the Jac blazer were too short in their reviews.
Super Contributor

Dear @Helping Thank you for telling me that QVC might make the sleeve on the tuxedo jacket a bit longer than the Jac jacket. Then almost anyone could tailor it fit their body. I'm so excited about the tuxedo being produced, I'm really hoping for perfection!

Trusted Contributor

I might just have to have the jacket if it’s not too cropped. Sequin pants are not my style but I hope the other option will be close to leg, cigarette pants. A modern take on a woman’s tuxedo would be great!
Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:
I might just have to have the jacket if it’s not too cropped. Sequin pants are not my style but I hope the other option will be close to leg, cigarette pants. A modern take on a woman’s tuxedo would be great!

Louis mentioned somewhere on his Blog that the Tuxedo Jacket would be a three button Jacket.