Respected Contributor

Re: Linea Sneak Peek: WK Turtleneck Swing Sweater

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@jbinrwc wrote:

Does anyone know if the new Magenta Swing T-Neck will match the Magenta Ponte Knit Jacket that Louis sold some seasons ago.  I have a Magenta T-Neck that matches perefectly.  Would love another top that would work with that jacket.  Tried to sign on to the Blog so I could ask myself but can't manage to do so.  Would really appreciate input from other posters who can answer my question.  TIA.

It's very possible that Louis no longer owns the ponte knit jacket to compare this new item so he may not be able to give an accurate answer. It's probably likely you will have to purchase this new T neck and compare it with the ponte knit jacket. If it is a match, let people know. Many are very pleasantly pleased when something new matches something in their existing wardrobe.

JustJazzmom, thanks very much for taking the time to respond to my question.  I will take your advice and purchase the new magenta sweater.  I'm sure I will love it whether or not it matches my ponte jacket. 

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Esteemed Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

...  I can also wear Raspberry, but I'm not sure about Magenta.

Hi @Lyn08

I was wondering how close these 2 colors are because I thot the raspberry, altho beautiful, was too harsh (for lack of a better word) for me...I suspect the colors are similar, so I don't think I'll take the chance.  Durn it!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

My DH would say they are in the red family!! But the magenta has more purple in it than red. While raspberry has a reddish pink tone to it.

I'm horrible at describing colors whether it has blue tones in it or not. I don't 'see' them.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I asked Louis on his blog and he no longer has the samples. I love the original classic WK turtleneck in magenta and love that ponte funnel neck jacket. I hope they work together and will post as soon as get mine. I like to wear magenta with the Linea olive pants.

Valued Contributor

I'm hoping for ivory to pair with my hunter green wk pants.

Contributor

I am purchasing all 3 colors because the design is so fabulous. Can't wait until this is posted on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't normally wear turtlenecks but the way the last never ending winter was here in NYC I could use this in the magenta and the ivory; the WK is very breathable for me I was able to wear my short sleeve white WK sweater almost all summer long.
Respected Contributor

This is a fantastic design!  I love the turtleneck married with the swing sweater.  Have to decide on colors, this is getting oh so very difficult with the beautiful sweaters Louis is bringing to us.  But, such a nice dilemma!

Respected Contributor

I already went in and purchased my Linea turtleneck swing sweater.  I stalked my swing sweater last year in black forever until late one night and one appeared.  I could not order fast enough.  I love it.  It is so flattering and slimming especially with my Linea black ankle slim pants.

Respected Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

Hope I can resist that zebra coat, but I doubt it!
Oh, Grace, of course you are getting the Zebra Coat---I have no doubt whatsoever!  The question is---what color?
I have been all over the map on the color---starting with Grey (predictable for me), then thought Olive (so Chic), next was Tobacco (such Drama)---now thinking Blue (different for me and will look good with my Irish/English complexion)!  I'm totally fickle, as you can see.
Got the Trench in Burgundy and I'm getting the Quilted Jacket in Black.
The next challenge will be the Moto Jacket. I have soooo many coats now that there is simply no need nor room---so if I "go out with a bang" coat-wise, that is, maybe I need to make it the Moto Jacket!

@Maxine49

I think you're right, Sheesh. No way I can pass up the Zebra coat! It's way out there for where I live now, but I'm drawn to it. I grew up in the NY Metro area, so my tastes are really grounded there. At this age/stage, I try to do more of what I want to do. "Fitting in" is no longer high on my priority list. Ha!

So, which color? Had no idea there were so many choices. The tobacco is gorgeous. I'm getting the quilted jacket in both colors. Then, there's the Moto. Is that all leather?