Respected Contributor

Re: Linea Moss Crepe Top A341728 Posted!

@golding76 wrote:

Louis responded to my question about the sizing on his forum and said there is a lot of stretch.  I have noticed that certain tops with much stretch tend to post with smaller than normal measurements.

Hmm, maybe I better be cautious, though, and still go up a size, especially if the crossback set-in sleeve measurement, as JJM mentioned, indicates less wiggle room.

Color me conflicted.

@golding76

Thanks for reporting back. Tough call, but I think I'll heed what Louis has to say about sizing and reorder the medium. I recall similar tops measuring the same "weird" way, but my usual size always worked. 

What color are you getting?

Honored Contributor

Grace,

Merlot, without question, and Teal.  I've always loved Teal.

How about you?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @golding76 and @GraceCOfor trying to get a size clarification.  I'm still sticking with my decision to size up since it looked fitted to me on the models during the skirt presentation.  Fingers crossed this is the right decision.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can wear two sizes for Tops - when there is plenty of stretch as in the Moss Crepe - I go with my smaller size - I bought the smaller size in this Top.  When I second guess what has usually worked for me with respect to Linea sizing - I am usually wrong.

Respected Contributor

@Seka wrote:

I can wear two sizes for Tops - when there is plenty of stretch as in the Moss Crepe - I go with my smaller size - I bought the smaller size in this Top.  When I second guess what has usually worked for me with respect to Linea sizing - I am usually wrong.

@Seka

I totally agree with you. I've learned the hard way to stick with my usual size in these tops, unless it's a tunic and then I always size up.

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered the teal in XS (my usual size) and S, because I don't want it to have to stretch to fit me.  I want this to go with the teal skirt and don't want to take a chance of missing out.  Planning to return whichever size doesn't work and then also order merlot in the correct size if it's still available.  Wish this didn't have to be so hard!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Grace,

Merlot, without question, and Teal.  I've always loved Teal.

How about you?

@golding76

I imagine you'll look stunning in both the merlot and teal. If I remember correctly, your coloring is similar to Maria's?

I ordered the "safe" black, but I'm drawn to the merlot & teal. I just don't know if my light coloring can handle those colors! Waiting to see which models are wearing them...I always waited to see what Jac was wearing, even though she was fairer in complexion than I am. How we all miss seeing her for reasons far beyond this one. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grace,

You remember well; my essential look/coloring is that of Brunette Maria.  However, I am probably at least 15 years older than she is, and so my look has faded considerably.  Also, Maria is an apple while I am a pear.  But we are both fruit.

I think you would look lovely in the Teal.  Your coloring would be electrified with that shade.

Yes, I miss Jac and her pre-show note/message and so much more about her.  How life has changed!  Sometimes I think of her and get sad, like the other day when there was a young and lithe blonde model on a Linea show who seemed to me to be a bit of a reincarnation of Jac.

Jac was so elegant.  As I have written before, we and QVC were graced to have her modeling for us.

[I just learned the name of the model who suggests Jac to me; her name is Jocelyn.  Saw her modeling the Merlot/Violet poly span print on Jayne Brown's anniversary show.  It is Jocelyn's very fair complexion that is hauntingly like Jac's (at least to my eye).]

Respected Contributor

I took a risk and ordered my usual size small in Linea tops.

Respected Contributor

I had planned on ordering the black to pair with the black maxi skirt but decided I am going downhill into the black tunnel, no colors lately.  Then the sizing!  Always a guess for me between L and XL and this time I am going with XL because it looked so tight at the hem on the models in the sneak peeks.  

I went for the teal..........if it fits and I love it will go back for the black to make the dress look with the skirt.  Looking forward to the show to see this modeled.