Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linea, Louis, and coffee...now that’s a good morning!

I am surprised too!  I was gaga over the caramel but decided to order the black.  I love this top the length, sleeves are perfect for me and the embroidery is gorgeous.  Although I am tempted to get another I am refraining from buying multiples.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:
I never buy multiples of items with memorable details but did pick one up as a gift for a friend. I think she will like it and the price is great. I wonder why this one did not sell well. This and the pearl sleeve sweater were surprise sale items.

I loved both of those sweaters but couldn't buy either because of the sleeve length---way too long for me and no way to shorten. I do have short/petite length arms, but even many gals with average arm length reported that the sleeves were too long, so this is the reason they are both on sale--the inventory was not moving. I suspect there were a lot of returns, too.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I already have two of these, the dark forest green and the black, and have worn them often.  I have short arms and the sleeves are great for me; they would look so dorky with that bell shape but shorter, like bell bottom pants that are too short, IMO.

They fall just above my knuckles and look so lovely and elegant when arms are down, plus they tuck into jackets and coats just fine if you remember to hang onto them as you slip your coat on. 

When you lift your arms to talk, gesture, eat, comb hair, whatever, they fall back in this graceful way, showing your entire hand/wrist area.  I've worn them out to dinner often, no issues, but again, I am "aware" I am wearing this sweater and am careful.

As you get used to a bell sleeve you will find they are very easy to accommodate and you get great fashion payoff especially with this one that has the exquisite embroidery everyone notices, or the pearl studded one, great design impact and just a little extra care in wearing.

If you are very petite, no this is not for you.  I am 5'4" and these are very do-able, but also memorable so I am not buying more even at this incredible price!

Honored Contributor

I did not purchase because I like to layer clothing.  Bell sleeves do not fit under blazers well.  

Honored Contributor

When is Louis' next show?  For some reason my TV isn't recording them and I need to reset it.  (guess I'm saving money though)

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

When is Louis' next show?  For some reason my TV isn't recording them and I need to reset it.  (guess I'm saving money though)

I found it.  Thanks anyway.  Daysdee