Honored Contributor

Linea Keeps Up with Gucci (Talking Decorative Chatelaines Here)

[ Edited ]

My December Vogue arrived today, and appearing on (unnumbered) page 63 are two mature but distinguished-looking ladies modeling Gucci chatelaines.

One has hers pinned on one side of her bodice while the other has it jauntily fastened to gathered material on her low hip.  That Louis!  Boy, if there is going to be a pacesetter in the House of QVC, it is going to be Louis.  How does that man know everything?

From Louis's blog -- one of his chatelaines (J481580) shown on a blazer lapel:

……………….The PINK/IVORY Chatelaine brooch, as all of the brooches is made of reconstituted stone. You often hear of Turquoise made in reconstituted turquoise. The stones are all smooth cabochon style. The brooch has three chains hanging from it. On these chains are stationed round beads in the same color as the brooch. The three chains come together and are attached to a stick pin giving it the Chatelaine design. The brooch will come with pierced earring in the same size and colors as the stick pin……The brooch as a “Celtic” mood……….The NECKLACE consists of a series of FIVE rows of chain, again with the station beads. The chains are attached to bars which helps them to keep separated, and not to tangle. Of course I love them worn all together, but it isn’t necessary. The brooch and necklace are both stand alone pieces……I think the fun will come when you discover all of the other things you already own that these pieces will work with. Besides using the brooch on all different blazers and jackets…..think about coats, sweaters and cardigans………………This is a very unique piece….and I would bet you have nothing like it, nor does anyone you know! The uniqueness is what makes it fabulous!………..SORRY, I don’t have style numbers yet……………………….enjoy………………………much Love……………………Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Linea Keeps Up with Gucci (Talking Decorative Chatelaines Here)

Something else caught my eye.  On a two-page spread (unnumbered pp. 52-53) in the same December issue of Vogue is a Max Mara advertisement showing an all-caramel look that suggests, for all the world, Louis's all-caramel pieces when worn together.  I believe he highlighted the pieces brought together in a smashing outfit in his most recent show.

Remember when his caramel was an unexpected hit last year?

Honored Contributor

The caramel WK embroidered sleeve top that was a big deal is on clearance & I couldn’t resist a great deal! This is my 3rd color! I already have the black & the deep forest green. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I bought that sweater in the Deep Forest Green, JJM.  It has a yearningly romantic look.

Love the neckline on it!

Honored Contributor

I miss seeing Louis so much.  I've been going through my closets looking at all of the clothes I haven't worn for awhile.

So many of Louis' clothes.  QVC doesn't sell the quality and design like they did back a few years ago.

They hold the test of time.  Many of them were designed by Louis.

I especially loved his cashmere.  I just sat yesterday and one of my Louis cashmere sweaters had slipped out of the plastic bag and a moth had gotten into it.

There were a few holes, I had to darn the sweater.  I just love it so much I hate to give it up.

It's real quality cashmere.  I learned a long time ago how to darn something so you can't tell it has a hole in it.

But it takes time and is tedius.  His clothes are worth the time it takes.

Respected Contributor

@golding76   Thanks for the posting!  I purchased the Chatelaine pin and it's one of my favorites!  It is so unique and have received so many compliments when wearing it.  So many different ways to wear it!