Valued Contributor

Re: Linea: 5 easy pay day ~ the Yeas and the Nays

The @ thing won't work on my iPad!

TheOwl, I'm glad the majority of your Linea purchases that were hits for you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@The Owl

I'm so glad most of your purchases worked out! I also appreciate your honest reviews on the items that didn't work out. It's very helpful. I always look forward to your reviews.

I was on the fence about the sea glass necklace--love that color--but I'll take it off my wish list after hearing about the breakage issue. I don't want to take the chance...And, I bought quite a few "wish list" jewelry items on easy pay, including more palm frond pieces. Love that suite!

Valued Contributor

@GraceCO

Today's my day, GraceCO, to pull the trigger on the pendant necklace Smiley Happy  I think I'm going to like it as my substitute for the Sea Glass.  No, it doesn't have that "Cleopatra collar" look, but I'm good with that.  I just HATE feeling like a fool when I've kept something that actually is broken or malfunctioning just because it's "pretty".  I've done that a few times in my life and always end up regretting it and throwing it out or passing along to GoodWill.  I'm also taking the plunge on the striped cardigan.  Since it's Easy Pay on so many items including this one, I'll only be out $17.16 on my CC and only for a short time - to see if those stripes will work for me - should I need to return it as soon as I try it Smiley Surprised 

Respected Contributor

I've stopped doing ezpays. I was spending too much money; false budgeting for moi!

MORE IMPORTANT is I read the fine print on my online Discover card 5per cent Q money back. IT DOESN'T APPLY TO EZPAY! I don't want to think about how much money I've lost!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl wrote:

@GraceCO

Today's my day, GraceCO, to pull the trigger on the pendant necklace Smiley Happy  I think I'm going to like it as my substitute for the Sea Glass.  No, it doesn't have that "Cleopatra collar" look, but I'm good with that.  I just HATE feeling like a fool when I've kept something that actually is broken or malfunctioning just because it's "pretty".  I've done that a few times in my life and always end up regretting it and throwing it out or passing along to GoodWill.  I'm also taking the plunge on the striped cardigan.  Since it's Easy Pay on so many items including this one, I'll only be out $17.16 on my CC and only for a short time - to see if those stripes will work for me - should I need to return it as soon as I try it Smiley Surprised 

@TheOwl

I think you made a good choice--I have the pendant necklace and love it. Best part is the flexibility in using the pendant with other necklaces. Like you, I was drawn to the sea glass, but I bet you'll get more use out of the pendant necklace.

I also tend to hold on to things that are not right for me, or sometimes even ignore bad reviews thinking it will work. But, it's best to decide what works or not and move on.

I hope you like your pendant & striped sweater. What color did you get in the cardigan?

Valued Contributor

Well, last night I talked myself in to cancelling the cardigan Smiley Wink  I have so many other wonderful Linea options that work wonderfully and easily without much advance thinking-it-out, and interpreting Lavendar's response above and recommitting to using easy-pay infrequently Smiley Wink - honestly I like easy pay myself - I decided to dump the cardigan for now.  I HAD chosen the ivory/navy.  But I know there are a gazillion of these left in my plus size so I'm not remotely worried they will disappear.  I wish that someone who had purchased it in plus and kept it would write a frank review.  ANY review for that size range would do.  I suspected that I would feel the need to wear something over the top of the cardi - a cape, a ruana - so you only saw some of the striping and it was broken up as it circled the upper body.  That would of course work, but then what's the point in getting the striped in the first place if my options for it would be limited Smiley Happy   I'll let  you know if I ever let the purchase of this cardi go through at some future date.  Though for now, as you say, I'm just going to "move on".

Thanks for the good endorsing word on the pendant.  I'm really looking forward to receiving that.  And you are right about how many more different options it provides because it's an enhancer!

Respected Contributor

@TheOwl

I think it's always good to listen to your gut & cancel, especially if you're unsure and there's plenty of inventory. You can always change your mind later! The white/navy is actually on my wish list.

I have that cardigan in the teak/black and plan to wear it all year round. I have so much black in my closet, so this is a good addition for me. I've worn it a few times already with the Linea white Kate shirt. The darker color makes the stripes less of a problem for me. Most stripes can make everyone look larger than they actually are, which is why I hesitated buying this cardigan and the striped maxi dress. But, both work.

Let me know how you like your pendant. Which color? I got the green.

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO

Don't mean to butt in, but don't you just love that black and teak striped sweater?  I too, have way too much black in my wardrobe.  I'm fond of saying it goes with all my other black!  I've worn the sweater with the black herringbone linen trousers-one of my favorite looks.  I think it's one very unique color combination.  You certainly won't see yourself coming and going in this one!

Respected Contributor

@anniebethsmom

Of course, you're not butting in! I didn't know we got the same sweater!! And, yes, I think it's a great color combo and works with so much. As LDO said--it's sophisticated.

I actually think I'll wear the cardigan more often in the cooler months. But, you just gave me a great idea--I have those linen pants in both black & twig (favorite pants) and I hadn't even thought of pairing the sweater with the black pair. So, now I will. Do you wear it over a shirt, tank?

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO

I've worn it over both.  The white wing collar shirt and a black WK tank.  And yes, I think it works best in cooler weather- which is most of the year here!!!  Am I crazy or did Louis show this sweater with a colored shirt underneath?  Was it on his blog or perhaps on a show?