Valued Contributor

Someone just asked him on his blog if he thought QVC would change their mind. 

He said no, they have their vendor line-up of what they want.

And Elaine, Louis's manufacturer, will be retiring & he would not consider continuing on without her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Letting Louis Go

[ Edited ]

emerald,

In light of these statements, do you think, as I am beginning to, that this imposed retirement is not all that repugnant to Louis?  Isn't he 72 or nearly 72?  If he has not filed for Social Security yet, his retirement income will be higher than, say, if the exclusion from QVC had been successful 10 years ago.

Or, is it a matter of everything going rotten at once?  Elaine's plan to retire, itchiness from QVC about their designer lineup?  All bad at once?

Whatever is going on, I hope and pray that Louis winds up afloat and that his future is rosier than it appears at this time.  As I wrote before, he falls into the category of a "Creative," as they are called, and if he isn't designing, then maybe he will start on that book that he has inside him just waiting to get out.  With his urge to create, he will need an outlet.

(Once again, I would like to say "thank you" to all the Linea Ladies who saved this precious fashion line for those of us who later joined you and your enthusiasm for Linea and Louis.)

Valued Contributor

@golding76  I really don't know what to think.  He said Elaine will be retiring after 2021 due to lack of work.  Obviously she won't be manufacturing any of Louis's designs next year, but must have another year of work left. 

Yes, if he's not taking SS yet at least he can count on that income at a good level.

Super Contributor

I'm 71 years old, and either Louis is my age or a year younger or older. (We both have July birthdays as well.)  I know that crreative people really don't retire because that creativity is a gift which is with you all of your life.  I only hope that there is some way Louis can still express his creativity as he desires and at his pace.  And like so many others I wish him only the best.  He is a true gentleman.  

Respected Contributor

I feel bad because Louis is such an interesting, authentic, kind person.  Also, the clothes that I wear from linea are comfortable, timeless and forever.

Esteemed Contributor

Unless the bring in the money...designers go just like the hosts.  Louis is long overdue.

Esteemed Contributor

Hahahahaha

Esteemed Contributor

Far as I'm concerned they should let Logo, Quacker Factory, Renee Greenstein, & LDO go along with two of the current hosts.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

emerald,

In light of these statements, do you think, as I am beginning to, that this imposed retirement is not all that repugnant to Louis?  Isn't he 72 or nearly 72?  If he has not filed for Social Security yet, his retirement income will be higher than, say, if the exclusion from QVC had been successful 10 years ago.

Or, is it a matter of everything going rotten at once?  Elaine's plan to retire, itchiness from QVC about their designer lineup?  All bad at once?

Whatever is going on, I hope and pray that Louis winds up afloat and that his future is rosier than it appears at this time.  As I wrote before, he falls into the category of a "Creative," as they are called, and if he isn't designing, then maybe he will start on that book that he has inside him just waiting to get out.  With his urge to create, he will need an outlet.

(Once again, I would like to say "thank you" to all the Linea Ladies who saved this precious fashion line for those of us who later joined you and your enthusiasm for Linea and Louis.)

I am sure Louis has signed up for SS already.  If you sign up for benefits after age 70, you lose money.  If he started to collect at age 70, he probably gets $3790 a month.  He is a millionaire and surely will survive.

I doubt he needs SS income, but he is entitled to it and should collect as does everyone else.

Trusted Contributor

He always had beautiful clothes.Too bad,but keep pjs on five times a day,or items you have to shake your head to.Besides nice clothes,he was a wonderful gentleman.