Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

Was he let go, or perhaps left of his own accord?

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

QVC is showing him the door.  Not his decision.  

In his blog Louis said it was because of his sales volume, meaning it was too low, or lower than other Q clothing lines.

Q's reports have indicated clothing sales have been down. QVC is a for-profit company, so if the Linea line wasn't selling as much as other lines or just simply not enough, Q decided it should go, in the interest of profitability. Makes good business  sense to me. 

Respected Contributor

I doubt the Linea total volume was lower than other brands that shall be nameless. There are celebrities and new brands that can't have reached the Linea volume after 20 myears of sales. He had an incredible Fall season. Much better than most.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Marilyn, I agree with you.  As I wrote on another thread, something does not pass the "smell" (or is it "sniff"?) test.

There are several celebrities who come to mind, who have given their name to a line on QVC, and I would bet the family farm that their sales did not even come near to those of Linea.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

In his blog Louis said it was because of his sales volume, meaning it was too low, or lower than other Q clothing lines.

Q's reports have indicated clothing sales have been down. QVC is a for-profit company, so if the Linea line wasn't selling as much as other lines or just simply not enough, Q decided it should go, in the interest of profitability. Makes good business  sense to me. 

@Pearlee  Yes indeed. I also see Logo as on its way out. Not half as many shows as there used to be .

Valued Contributor

Re: Letting Louis Go

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

@Pearlee  Yes indeed. I also see Logo as on its way out. Not half as many shows as there used to be .

It Seems LOGO and Susan Graver are the main sellers..I don't  buy from either. As a matter of fact..I get my clothes from HSN...I can name many sellers I really like there! I do like Isaac M...he's still on the Q~

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

@proudlyfromNJ  What a spiteful and off topic answer. Sorry but it falls flat on me. 😄 . I'd be perfectly OK if QVC pulled the plug on LOGO since I have enough to last me a lifetime. Plus I understand capitalism.

Now hopefully back to the subject which is Linea.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

We  need to do some detective work and find out where we can buy his clothing going forward.  

@Snoopp 

No detective work needed.  Louis has his own website - louisdellolio dot com.  He said that he intends to keep in touch with everyone there.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I thought he would have left the channel long ago. The quality of his collections have gone down the hill sometime ago. QVC would not allow him to produce his beautiful items anymore.

Shame on you QVC.Your ladies will miss you. Thank you for the beautiful affordable collections. 

@Nuttmeg His fall/winter line is exceptional, his best in years.  You may want to take a look at the items.  Just type Linea in the search bar and sort by most recent.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Well the writing was on the wall back when they let George Simonton go.  It was only a matter of time.  These are real designers.

Agree.  And Koos, Victor Costa, etc.  These were true designers not some "wannabes." IMO, QVC has gone way downhill and 99% of the stuff they sell can be found elsewhere, cheaper.

Koos left QVC in 2006, Victor Costa in 2009, and George Simonton in 2015. I don't see any relationship in these departures.  Many other vendors have come and gone within these times. Koos sold ill fitting odd looking clothes.  Victor Costa tried a dumbed down version of his unremarkable evening wear.  He went to ShopNBC.  The only one I missed was Simonton because he did speak about how clothes fit women, something rarely spoken about in QVC fashion sales anymore.  But I recall him as doing mostly stretchy polyester tops, which I did buy because of the fit, a niche that Bob Mackie and Susan Graver fill now, though, in fairness to Simonton, his clothes were nicer and fit better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

While his clothes are not my style (I only wear casual) because I find his clothes a bit to dressy for me I hate to see a nice guy thrown to the curb. Yet they keep LOGO? 

Yes @Meowingkitty and even the quality of her clothing has declined, all of them Susan G, Isaac M, Joan R. Bob McK all of them !   

The quality of Logo has actually improved.  I bought Logo clothing initially because of what I thought was an innovative concept.  The initial rayon span stretched and pilled and I disposed of it quickly.  I hate the choked up necklines she favors.  But I liked the forgiving styling, she brought in pretty prints and colors, improved the quality of the rayon span, and started using cotton and modal.  She brought in some v-necks.  The cotton wrinkles terribly but I like the natural materials.  So I wear Logo clothing for casual comfort.  I see she is beginning to bring poly, I hope she keeps the percentages low, or she will lose me as a customer.  No relationship or comparison between Logo and LDO design.  Different clothes for different occasions.