Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack,

I did the same.  Just ordered 4 pieces:

the faux suede pants

A347494 - waitlisted and I'll probably never get it, but will trying

A351114 - very limited sizes, so I went up 2 sizes.  Some reviews said it ran smaller than expected, so it may be do-able

A307191 - I have the blue, getting the pink.  

Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Letting Louis Go

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Well the writing was on the wall back when they let George Simonton go.  It was only a matter of time.  These are real designers.

Agree.  And Koos, Victor Costa, etc.  These were true designers not some "wannabes." IMO, QVC has gone way downhill and 99% of the stuff they sell can be found elsewhere, cheaper.

Yes, I definitely miss Victor as well.  I never bought Koos but I had some very nice things (and I still have a great jacket) from VC.  Because they shrank, I just gave my beautiful housekeeper 2 George Simonton jackets this past week.  She was elated to get them.  Like Christmas to her although it won't really be.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I wish Louis could/want to showcase his exquisite designs elsewhere for us to purchase.  Cancelling his contract only confirms that QVC doesn't deserve a designer of his caliber.  The hosts prancing around in PJs and poor quality pieces only proves the point.  The women interested in his designs are confident polished consumers.  Maybe the Q doesn't deserve us either!

@Biftu 

I heard Katrina Szish say the other night on her program, The Szish List, something to the effect that even with Covid, she likes to get dressed up.  I don't know if she was saying that as a reference to the fact she was selling real clothes but I have never seen her looking like a ragamuffin.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Louis' clothes...so sad...

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Well the writing was on the wall back when they let George Simonton go.  It was only a matter of time.  These are real designers.

Agree.  And Koos, Victor Costa, etc.  These were true designers not some "wannabes." IMO, QVC has gone way downhill and 99% of the stuff they sell can be found elsewhere, cheaper.

Yes, I definitely miss Victor as well.  I never bought Koos but I had some very nice things (and I still have a great jacket) from VC.  Because they shrank, I just gave my beautiful housekeeper 2 George Simonton jackets this past week.  She was elated to get them.  Like Christmas to her although it won't really be.

I was going to mention these other designers as well (as Pat would say ha ha)

Louis has been in this business long enough to know how it works. So although he probably tried to head off any termination, it comes down to a numbers game for all businesses.

For all of us that have been Q shoppers for a long time, we have seen brands come and go. I don't buy as much from Linea since I retired. And I wonder if "work from home" and "on line church" affected sales? I have not bought much at all. Talbots has started their 50% off sale and I've not bought a thing. 

Super Contributor

Well QVC management, let's see how well your new brands stand the test of time.  Louis brought a quality product to the Q for 20 years and built a very loyal customer base of repeat buyers.  I am certain that the Linea buyer also cross sold into other brands.  Dropping the Linea line means I need to shop elsewhere for a replacement.  This means less time surfing the Q for other items too.

And, while I am at it, I am bored with your constant offering of jogger pants, fleece socks, fleece pj's and oversize sit in the couch clothing.  I have a life and it is not sitting in the couch.  We may have a pandemic going but that does not mean my life has stopped.  Do you honestly think women sit in pj's all day?  How insulting.  Your sales staff has not once mentioned anything about all the men who sit home in pj's.  

Esteemed Contributor

We  need to do some detective work and find out where we can buy his clothing going forward.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry to read about such a high quality clothing line being terminated. Like a few others have mentioned, sort of saw it coming. Only clothing left for me on Q is a few select D&C items. Will miss Louis but know he will be fine. 

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

We  need to do some detective work and find out where we can buy his clothing going forward.  

Was QVC Louis' only outlet?  Maybe he'll move to ShopHQ.

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

While his clothes are not my style (I only wear casual) because I find his clothes a bit to dressy for me I hate to see a nice guy thrown to the curb. Yet they keep LOGO? 

Yes @Meowingkitty and even the quality of her clothing has declined, all of them Susan G, Isaac M, Joan R. Bob McK all of them !