Respected Contributor

Ladies who purchased Flower Power necklace!

Ladies who purchased Louis' Flower Power necklace, here is some good news!  Sotheby's has an auction on an 

'ALHAMBRA', VAN CLEEF & ARPELS black onyx flower necklace.  Bid at present is $11,000.00!download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ladies who purchased Flower Power necklace!

WOW! How long ago was that sold by Louis Dell'Olio? Beautiful. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady, the answer is never. This is a van Cleef necklace. I think the reference is that Louis was inspired by it for one of his styles. I personally don’t think it’s remotely similar (nor should it have to be) but some ladies like to draw these parallels.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They have been selling that style for years. If I remember correctly, this may not be correct, but I think Heidi Clume was sued for copying it. The only resemblance to the Linea one is that modern shaped flower necklaces are classic. I have enjoyed mine, and have gotten lots of compliments, but I'm really going to save it for warmer weather. It won't be too long now.

Respected Contributor

Louis' version J390567, February 2019.  As I said it's Louis' version not an exact copy but I think it's similar but that's me!power1.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Somertime,

I see non-litigation-provoking similarities, too.  My mind works the same way, loving to find similarities and parallels.  

We are the audience who can interpret symbols, etc., and know what has been presaged.

It is a rich life when one finds connections.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime  Thank you for posting!  I love finding similar versions to my Linea items - and they are usually far more expensive than Linea!  

Trusted Contributor

Station flower necklaces are pretty classic. They are available in pretty much every price range from fast fashion houses like H&M, ZARA, to Lauren Adams and Kate Spade, and all the way up to the Van Cleef shown above.
Honored Contributor

purchased the LDO flower power necklaces in both the silver and gold and have worn them already.....so pretty, especially on a simple top.

love those from van cleef and arpels! if i had that kind of money i would consider them for sure.

there are similarities, but i see distinct differences.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

yes, heidi klum used the clover design for her jewelry.

van cleef and arpels sued her and she discontinued her line.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQToK05frOHWwsNjTQZmYQt7JQRj9lNtCkCaHLntV-PdTT7oOHo

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein