Respected Contributor

Re: Ladies New Items posted!!!

I think I am going to buy these outfits - at least the black multi for sure.  I like the idea of wearing the skirt with t shirts and sandals etc.  Great outfit for traveling.

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1  Thanks for posting--you have eagle eyes!!

Earlier this season, I purchased the lovely ruffled blouse in red. Love it and wish I'd gotten the blue one as well, before it sold out. But, this blouse and skirt are easy passes...a little too "ruffly" for me.

I bought that red/white & the black/white blouse. I think this new set is too busy for me. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Did someone say wine?? 🍷
This is a fun sassy outfit. Very pretty print. 😊
Honored Contributor

Okay, call me a dizzy dame, but I've decided that this jolly, lovely blouse is completely harmonious with my self-image.  I'm not forcing the issue, I've simply looked at Louis's blog to see the pieces up close.

My hunch about both pieces was correct.  The two together would give me a "desperate" look, as far as I'm concerned.  Obviously all this is a personal point of view.  One or two of you are a decade ahead of me and can carry off both pieces well. My sentiment is sincere.  So much depends on where you live, your lifestyle and your self-image.

Anyway, I'm down for the red blouse because I love it.  Plus, it will look ladylike, sweet and happy on me.

Respected Contributor

Louis has some absolutely beautiful prints this season.  I really hate polyester, but I have purchased the skirts in this fabric and don't mind wearing them.  I suspect it is because the longer skirts are lined, and I'll wear an old silk jersey full slip with the shorter skirts.

Ladies, I wouldn't count this skirt out because of the ruffles.  I'm getting the red skirt and I plan to wear it with a very old light butter yellow Talbots rayon/nylon crepe v-neck sweater and matching cotton sweetheart-neck cable sweater in the same yellow.  These days I am buying very few pieces for work, mostly things that I can dress up and then wear casually with a pair of sandals when I eventually retire. I see these skirts as being able to do that double duty.

For the wild flower skirts, I either wear them with a shorter sweater twinset or an older royal blue Talbots cotton jewel neck jacket on days when I have to wear a suit.  The jacket goes with both the blue and rhubarb colors in the longer skirt.    

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the flower skirt with the black or ivory elbow sleeve whisper knit sweater would be lovely.  I have both ivory and black convertible top that Louis showed on his blog and both of those would go nicely with the skirt too.  This is how I wear the wildflower skirt and just love it!  

This is very pretty and summery, though I’m not usually a print girl and wouldn’t wear both top and bottom at the same time.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure leaning towards getting it myself the more I look at it.  I doubt I would wear the skirt and blouse together but I would under my red  WK cardigan or black WK cardigan.  Separately there are so many ways to play with it dress up or down.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will definitely wear the red print blouse tucked into the skirt for a 2 pc dress. I think it's cute and sassy. I'm so glad to see a short fun summer skirt that I will wear with tanks and tees. I ordered the skirt in both colors and will wear with flat strappy sandals or wedges.

Respected Contributor

I am thinking of buying the skirt and blouse print set.  I think it will be a great traveling outfit.  You can wear as a two piece dress or just the skirt with a t shirt. The shirt can also be worn as a jacket or a shirt wit pants.  The outfit probably does not wrinkle so you can roll up in your suitcase.  I pack economically so it looks like a good bet for me.

Frequent Contributor

I love this print -- very fresh in both colorways. It's not an exploded floral -- which I can't wear as I am semi-petite (5' 4" but with short legs and long torso) as they overwhelm me. I may order both the red blouse and skirt even though I typically don't wear red! I like the black too, but I own plenty of "black ground" spring/summer prints. Also like that the skirt does not appear to have an asymmetrical or high-low hem. Am even tempted to order prior to seeing it presented -- many times I lose out and my size is sold out if I wait. I purchased the white blouse with floral appliques earlier this season, and I see that looks great with the black, but can't tell from the pictures if it would agree with the red option ...