Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,615
Registered: ‎11-16-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

 

Thanks @rochelleS for mentioning the match & posting a photo...I HAVE that jacket! Yay.

Super Contributor
Posts: 393
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

Agree, the TN shown must have been the aubergine, no longer available. That is how Louis styled it in sneak peek on his blog. 

 

"It’s not a match but blends perfectly", is what he said.

 

I have a few WK pieces - a skirt and vneck, so I am excited to have the wine leather on order. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,179
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

[ Edited ]

You're welcome @GraceCO. Truly my pleasure.

 

Here's another really oldie but a magnificent  goodie. A4037.

This wine based tweed is a stunner and has a tasteful metallic thread  woven in that, IMO  makes it very special. The pic is from the vendor and is kind of  quishy, it's stroller length. The listing is no longer available though. Grace, this is so gorgeous, I  get teary eyed at the joy of owning this beauty. I wonder how many ladies remember  this one and still own it. I changed the  original  rhinestone  buttons.

 

The picture  does not do this beautiful  tweed justice.Screenshot_2017-10-22-11-46-13.png

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,615
Registered: ‎11-16-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

You're welcome @GraceCO. Truly my pleasure.

 

Here's another really oldie but a magnificent  goodie. A4037.

This wine based tweed is a stunner and has a tasteful metallic thread  woven in that, IMO  makes it very special. The pic is from the vendor and is kind of  quishy, it's stroller length. The listing is no longer available though. Grace, this is so gorgeous, I  get teary eyed at the joy of owning this beauty. I wonder how many ladies remember  this one and still own it. I changed the  original  rhinestone  buttons.

 

The picture  does not do this beautiful  tweed justice.Screenshot_2017-10-22-11-46-13.png


 

@rochelleS

 

That jacket is a BEAUTY! I don't own it, but sure wish I did. It has a St. John vibe to it...I'm impressed you've saved the photos of purchases from years ago...Just recently, I started saving my Linea items on Pinterest on a private board, so I can review what I own by season/year. Sometimes I forget! There's so much.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,179
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

@GraceCO

 

lol, this isn't  a qvc pic

 It's from ebay  and is a  couple years old. But I do try to save item #'s and pics of the vintaage items I purchase when available. Saving your items on Pinterest is a good idea. Mine are in my phone gallery. Not as organized as yours. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,615
Registered: ‎11-16-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@GraceCO

 

lol, this isn't  a qvc pic

 It's from ebay  and is a  couple years old. But I do try to save item #'s and pics of the vintaage items I purchase when available. Saving your items on Pinterest is a good idea. Mine are in my phone gallery. Not as organized as yours. 


 

@rochelleS

 

HaHa! Now I see the Ebay logo in the corner...I didn't think it looked like QVC!

 

I've only found two vintage pieces on Ebay--the black jacket with ribbons & pearls  and the embroidered suede jacket. LOVE both.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,179
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

Oh my, @GraceCO I've purchased  so much from ebay. A tremendous  amount of vintage Linea  items plus alot of sample colors we never  see. Many prices have been ridiculously  cheap. Twenty dollars for vintage boucles,both long and short. Lots of leather and suedes. I should have my own solitary  bad girl bench. No kidding. The bargains are there for the looking and sooner or later things show up.

 

I've tried a few other brands too. Mostly what I'm familiar with  or have read about. Linea is my mainstay though. I did pick up a pair of Koos (remember him ?) pants, med weight crepe type of gabardine  blend, very nice hand. Matches the  Linea wine,port or raspberry,  can't  recall  which now. Bot a boatload  of NEW shoe boots and footwear from a Linea loving lady for .99 to $5.00 each. We got to chatting after a Linea purchase. Had an knee issue and were never worn. Shipping was more than the shoes. Yep, I  seem to do well on the bay.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,615
Registered: ‎11-16-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

Oh my, @GraceCO I've purchased  so much from ebay. A tremendous  amount of vintage Linea  items plus alot of sample colors we never  see. Many prices have been ridiculously  cheap. Twenty dollars for vintage boucles,both long and short. Lots of leather and suedes. I should have my own solitary  bad girl bench. No kidding. The bargains are there for the looking and sooner or later things show up.

 

I've tried a few other brands too. Mostly what I'm familiar with  or have read about. Linea is my mainstay though. I did pick up a pair of Koos (remember him ?) pants, med weight crepe type of gabardine  blend, very nice hand. Matches the  Linea wine,port or raspberry,  can't  recall  which now. Bot a boatload  of NEW shoe boots and footwear from a Linea loving lady for .99 to $5.00 each. We got to chatting after a Linea purchase. Had an knee issue and were never worn. Shipping was more than the shoes. Yep, I  seem to do well on the bay.


 @rochelleS

Wow, I need to check the bay more often! You certainly do well there picking up Linea bargains. Of course, it's not as if I have any space left for more clothes!

 

I've gotten a few Linea items on Zulilly, but the shipping takes FOREVER. 3-4 weeks. I don't know the Koos label...

 

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,179
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

@GraceCO

 

 

Let me know if you're looking for something  specific. I'll let you know if I run across it.

 

And let's not talk about closets. Oh boy. My home is older = small closets. It's a juggling act, an engineering feat and a true creative endeavor ... I'm always looking for ideas. I can't  and won't  get rid of my beloved Linea.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,939
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Ladies Check Your Aubergine Items!

I wonder if the new port or blackberry turtlenecks will go with the Wine leather jacket? I do have both of those.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004