Highlighted
Respected Contributor

LUV THE INCENSE BURNER PENDANT

[ Edited ]

This is such a fun unusual piece of jewelry. Had to order both colors, and I already have the Exotic color hoops to go with them. The item number is J481069

Respected Contributor

Re: LUV THE INCENSE BURNER PENDANT

I haven’t ordered yet because I can’t decide which color. If you had to choose, which do you like best?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a very pretty piece of jewelry.  As someone who is highly sensitive to scents & odors, I can't imagine being in a room or elevator or car with someone wearing an incense necklace...the thought of it makes me cringe.  Why do people want to smell?  Scents are usually so much stronger to others than they are to the person wearing them.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

It’s jewelry, not an actual incense burner!  

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Havarti,

My take on this necklace is that most people are not planning to burn incense from it (especially when wearing it - my heavens, they'd be burned!).

This necklace is a tiny replica of incense burners typically found in an Eastern Orthodox or Roman Catholic church.  Rather than doing another cross, Louis created an incense burner necklace.  It is a rather novel idea.

Note:  Louis has produced a new Byzantine cross necklace that can be used as a brooch, but it is not yet available.

Trusted Contributor

@golding76 @JustJazzmom 

Maybe I misunderstood, but on the page for that item they specifically stated "incense not included" so I figured it must be designed in a way that incense could be burned in it safely.  I do think it is a pretty piece of jewelry....just not into people walking around emitting the scent of incense.  Others may enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure QVC was being over precausious. There will always be someone who wants to know why there isn't an incense if it's called an incense burner. It's just a miniture version of one as a decorative piece.

Honored Contributor

Yes, sadly there have to be ridiculous messages to protect folks from themselves. 

Here is one:

Trusted Contributor

@Marlyn1 @golding76 @JustJazzmom 

Thanks for not being abusive when I showed my stupidity.  You never know what kind of a reaction you will get on these boards and you were most gracious. 

Honored Contributor

Here's a thought for using the incense burner -- put your nitroglycerin pills or baby aspirin in it.

If it was created at the time of the Borgias it would have had some untraceable poison in it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼