Respected Contributor

LOVE! Sneak Peek Shirt Jacket & Pant!

[ Edited ]

There’s no Black!  But - I love both the Dill - and the Off White!

.....DILL has turned out to be a KEY COLOR for Spring/Summer 2019 in the Linea Story Book………It all started with a LACE JACKET, A349651, a LACE PANT, A349652/Reg. and A349997 for Petite,  a DILL FAUX DE CHINE TANK A349650, and a GAUZE CREPE TUNIC, A349646………If you thought the story ended there…..SURPRISE……it continues with two more wonderful MIX & MATCH items in DILL. The SHIRT /JACKET, A351412, and the PANT, A356460 for the reg. and A351462 for the petite………..You can see above all of the stories of how to mix and match DILL with just a few pieces . The fabric is brand new to Linea. It is 100% Polyester, but you will think it’s 100% Rayon, because that is exactly how it feels. When I’m researching fabrics, and visiting different fabric companies, they show me hundreds of qualities. I feel them and tug at them to see if there’s stretch, but I rarely ask the fabric content. It doesn’t matter to me. I either like it or I don’t. When I felt this fabric I LOVED it. It just feels like summer to me…….light, drapy and flowy. It moves with ease, no clinging with this fabric. It has a slight CASUAL texture that’s hard to describe….almost like ripples. You’ll understand when you get it home….I call fabric like this beach fabrics, because I always see easy pants you may walk along the beach in…………..The SHIRT/JACKET has a small discreet shirt collar and stand. It has a narrow front placket with small dyed to match buttons. There are side slits. The shoulder has an extended band of fabric that gives a drop shoulder effect, however it has a normal set in sleeve. You can see this detail up close in the top photo in the center column. The straight sleeve has a roll up tab and button. Don’t expect this fabric to roll up sharply like a cotton sleeve. It drapes up more than folds up…….What is truly wonderful about these pieces is their  LIGHT WEIGHT drape and softness…..YES, the jacket has POCKETS too. They are set in BAND pockets with the pocket bag sewn through so there is no flopping about inside…..The length of the jacket for the XXS is approx. 29 inches………The pant is so comfortable you won’t want to take them off. They are pull on with an elastic waist. The leg is wide-ish and has that wonderful languid drape that moves so gracefully. I think you can tell in the photos just how soft everything is. What you can’t tell is how weightless these pieces are. The pant is lined. I knew they were going to line the OFF WHITE pant [pictured above], but I didn’t know the DILL was going to be lined too. It didn’t need to be. I can tell you the first thing Jac would have done was ask me to cut the lining out. Lining or no lining….these are great pants in a great new fabric…………………ALL of my FERN, and OLIVE jewelry works with DILL…………..Above, I have the new FERN SWIRL NECKLACE & EARRING SET plus the new PINEAPPLE PENDANT. Also, pictured above is the OLIVE CARNIVAL NECKLACE, J354006 and the DILL VENETIAN necklaces and earring set, J390581 …….For those of you who love to layer……it ALL WORKS………

………………….enjoy………………….much Love………………………..Louis

………”The OFF WHITE STORY”………..How much do I love these two pieces in this OFF WHITE. It’s not an optic white, nor is it ivory. It’s just clean and fresh. I can’t help but think of Hollywood movies of the 30’s and early 40’s when I look at the jacket, the tank and the pant. It looks like something out of Casablanca….or some spy movie of the 30’s that takes place in Havana. It is all so easy and cool looking. Of course all of the COIN JEWELRY gives it even more of an exotic far away look……..Bringing it all back home…..I put the jacket on the form as a shirt with nothing under it, paired with my INDIGO DENIM SHORTS, A306294. The jacket looks great belted if you are into belts……I chose the simple GOLD FISH PENDANT……….but………take a second look…..those are gold FISH EARRINGS, and they are making a comeback in late summer…..when the Salmon swim up stream to spawn……..So many of you asked for them, and the originals sold out so quickly…..we all though lets bring the little guppies back!…………………….Ladies I know you are going to LOVE these pieces….there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. You will feel like a star in your own 30’s movie………………………………………..enjoy……………………………much Love………………………….Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: LOVE! Sneak Peek Shirt Jacket & Pant!

I love these new pieces, and I love the two colors. I'm OK with no black. I have enough black clothes to last 3 life times LOL

Respected Contributor

Very pretty and languid for summer!  I love the white but I do not like when the pockets show though especially in white, it distracts me and since they are stitched down, I cannot remove them in the top.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG I love the dill and I love my white in the summer!

Are those new dill jewelry pieces on the dill outfit?

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

OMG I love the dill and I love my white in the summer!

Are those new dill jewelry pieces on the dill outfit?

Yes, they are the Swirl (available for ordering) & the Pineapple (not posted yet) in the fern/gold color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1, I love the Dill as well!  Louis mentions which are new and which are not at the bottom of his post description. Some are newly available.

Contributor

I'll be watching for the new dill pieces to be available!  I have the lace jacket and tank and ALWAYS get compliments when I wear them.  I've always worn the olive carnival necklace with them, but have ordered the new swirl necklace in green for another option.  It has gotten so that Louis' clothing and jewelry are about all I order from QVC in those two categories.  I feel his items are money well spent.

Honored Contributor

I have the same dill tank & lace jacket & I wear the Venetian dill jewelry with it. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Love the dill this year! As someone who cannot wear beiges, tans or browns, this is an excellent neutral color. Anxious to see this on-air and hear more about the fabric. Louis is slowly, but surely teaching me to wear man-made fabrics. Never thought it would happen in my lifetime!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

so pretty, especially in the off white.

my only concern for myself is is that it may not work for me if it doesnt have a little bit of stretch, especially in the upper arm and shoulder area.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein