Super Contributor

Re: LOUIS HAS COMPLETED ALL CHANGES TO HIS WEBSITE

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 you are correct - there never has been an option to see any prior posts on the ask Louis page. They seem to be deleted monthly. Tomorrow, you may see a blank page if all the July comments are deleted.

Honored Contributor

@moto wrote:

@sunshine45 you are correct - there never has been an option to see any prior posts on the ask Louis page. They seem to be deleted monthly. Tomorrow, you may see a blank page if all the July comments are deleted.

thanks @moto !

i could have sworn you could go back to see what people posted on that part of the site.

not sure why peoples requests and comments would be deleted, but maybe it is just to free up space on the blog.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ 

I am also only seeing the Oct 6, 2014 post under "important dates". Very strange. I hope that is still being updated. Maybe Louis will notice it the next time he adds dates.

The 2010 date at the top of "Ask Louis" is the "inauguration" announcement, so to speak, of his "Ask Louis" forum. It is confusing to see that, but they probably kept the post and put it at the top as an invitation for people to join in.

I am not seeing large font, but others have posted your experience.

Super Contributor

@UhRose there are two pages both listed as important dates. the one listed just under "archives" shows this old info, look at the other one just beneath that, under "pages" . 

Contributor

Thank you @moto !!

I see it now. I hope they are still cleaning things up on the website.

Honored Contributor

Did he say why the font is so enlarged?

It was quite nice and readable before.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Contributor

I haven't seen any posts by Louis about the font size.  

It may be a bit larger for me now, not sure, but whatever I am seeing right now is fine.

Your view of font size can be adjusted if you are on a PC. I am not sure about Macs or other Apple products, but there should be a "view" option in which you can change the size of what you are seeing.

Honored Contributor

@UhRose wrote:

It may be a bit larger for me now, not sure, but whatever I am seeing right now is fine.

Your view of font size can be adjusted if you are on a PC. I am not sure about Macs or other Apple products, but there should be a "view" option in which you can change the size of what you are seeing.

On an Apple I Pad or phone, you can ‘pinch’ it to enlarge it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@UhRose wrote:

Thanks for your feedback.  Changing fonts on my own computer is something I have known how to do since day one, but that wasn't my question.  I am wondering why so many websites change what wasn't a problem.

I see this enlarged font on too many sites.  It's not just his.  I just don't see the point.  Isn't it a lot of wasted space?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Much of the change to webpage formats is due to something that Google instituted.

In 2016, Google issued a mandate that unless a webpage was mobile friendly as of a certain date, it would impact how your website ranks when someone searches for you. As a result, we now see webpages that fit better on a tablet or a phone, and hense a lot of white space to accomodate that page when you view on a computer.