Contributor

LOUIS HAS COMPLETED ALL CHANGES TO HIS WEBSITE

Louis has posted that his website is finalized and he "will not make any more changes unless something drastic occurs."

It seems to be working well for me. I can see pictures immediately upon arriving on his blog page.

Yay!

Honored Contributor

Re: LOUIS HAS COMPLETED ALL CHANGES TO HIS WEBSITE

are all of the dates off?

when i look at the important dates link i see october 6 2014.

when i look at the ask louis link i see february 2 2010. i also cannot get beyond the birthday posts on this page.....how do you get to the other pages that are older?

the font is HUGE also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

are all of the dates off?

when i look at the important dates link i see october 6 2014.

when i look at the ask louis link i see february 2 2010. i also cannot get beyond the birthday posts on this page.....how do you get to the other pages that are older?

the font is HUGE also.

@sunshine45 .  Looks like it defaults to an earlier year. It has an option to select the date and then it shows 2019.

Honored Contributor

thanks @proudlyfromNJ  yes, when you select a month then it shows july 2019.

on the ask louis page, how do you get to see more posts/pages? the only thing that comes up for me now is the birthday post. i cannot see anything else and dont see a NEXT or PREVIOUS link to go any further back?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

on the ask louis page, how do you get to see more posts/pages? the only thing that comes up for me now is the birthday post. i cannot see anything else and dont see a NEXT or PREVIOUS link to go any further back?

@sunshine45.  I’ll go and check. I didn’t look at that section before. Edited to add. I don’t see where you can get to more pages. I’m confused now also.

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45.  I’ll go and check. I didn’t look at that section before. Edited to add. I don’t see where you can get to more pages. I’m confused now also.

His comment page never allowed you to go back to prior months once the next month rolled over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moto wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

His comment page never allowed you to go back to prior months once the next month rolled over.

@moto 

so the ONLY comment posted in july in the ASK LOUIS section (with others commenting on that  one post) were for his birthday only?

Super Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

so the ONLY comment posted in july in the ASK LOUIS section (with others commenting on that  one post) were for his birthday only?

Well, the way i see it, comment 1 is happy Birthday and comment 2 is a different question and comment 3 is a response from Louis. There are 20 comments that I see on that page. Tomorrow they may all disappear since it is a new month and there has not been any way to view prior month comments in the past.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45  I am only able to see the birthday post as well, in the "ask Louis" section, even though I click on "all 28,577 comments"

I can, though, click on "comments" under each of his individual posts on the main page. So, I think this is the new way to access any of his comments. 

For example: on one of his posts that isn't associated with an item, like his June 24th post entitled "Thank You" (which right now is located at the bottom of the first page of his main blog), clicking on the "comments" button allows you to see all comments associated with that post. It can become a stream with a variety of additional info, such as someone's surgery. This may be what you are wanting and it just isn't found the same way any longer. So "Ask Louis" = "Comments" now.  

I am open to correction by anyone, but this is my best deduction today.

Hope that helps!!

p.s. I have tried it on both the Chrome and Edge browsers and I get the same results.

Honored Contributor

@UhRose 

maybe i am not explaining myself well enough......

so, i go to ASK LOUIS to see what people have been asking or mentioning.. the date at the top of the page is february 2 2010.

the first post i see is the HAPPY BIRTHDAY post which was posted on July 23rd.

some people are just making a comment, some people are asking questions, and sometimes louis answers the questions.......they are all just numerical though 1 through 20 so far for july in order posted.

i see NO other posts prior to JULY 23rd however.......it does say that there are 28,577 comments? if jane smith posted a comment on june 1st and wanted to know if louis could add more colors to a certain top i can no longer see that request or a comment by louis if he made one?