Trusted Contributor

LOUIS D TRENCH ON WAITLIST IN REGULAR AND PETITE...

In case anyone is still interested

Super Contributor

Re: LOUIS D TRENCH ON WAITLIST IN REGULAR AND PETITE...

@Lucylu12 THANK YOU!!!!  Just ordered the beautiful red on waitlist!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

That’s wonderful. It’s such a stunning Trench Coat☺️

Valued Contributor

Thanks. Just ordered petite black

Honored Contributor

Wow. When I checked around 10pm last night, it read SOLD OUT. Now, you have all of these on Waitlist.

I'm telling you, I do NOT understand in ANY way how QVC determines the "Sold Out, Waitlist" status. As long as you get it, that's all that matter!!

Trusted Contributor

Your right, I can’t figure it out either, unless a lot in check status didn’t pan out or people cancelled there waitlist. Anyway I kept stalking it and was able to get my size in the Red. Looks like all the smaller sizes sold out already. So happy I kept checking. I have the shorter version in Black and adore it and I just had to have this longer length. I asked Louis a year ago on his blog if would do a longer version and he said the Q would not let him, that he only could bring back the shorter length in more colors. Guess they changed there mind and Louis was right on with the longer trench because it sold out so quickly. Can’t beat the quality in his clothing line.

Valued Contributor

With a broken heart, I am returning mine, so more should become available as QVC processes returns. (Sizes 16 and 18)

I love this coat even though double breasted is not flattering, but the sleeves are cut very narrow.  While I acknowledge I have fat upper arms, the rest of my arms are average.  There is no way I can wear a blazer under this coat. Not only is the upper sleeve much too narrow, but it is narrow all the way to the wrist.  Even a sweater is not comfortable at the wrist.

I keep trying on the coat willing for the sleeves to fit, but they simply don't.  Even if I lose the 20 lbs I'd like to lose, no way could I wear a blazer or a loose sweater under this coat.  Given this is an item for winter, I won't be wearing only a tank top under it.  I am soooo sad. I very much wanted a long coat, and this one is so beautifully tailored.  I'm mad that the sizing was poorly done.

Trusted Contributor

J

You are not alone the arms were in the snug side for me also.  I can not wear a heavy sweater under this coat.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

And for me, for ONCE the sleeves were not too long or too big in my size 18 that I need for midsection.  My arms never became much larger than my old size 12 days so finally this fits me just right and I can button it up all the way, wear a heavier sweater under it too.  

Friday I had to quickly get ready for an impromptu late lunch with DH, and I grabbed the original trench in olive and was standing in the kitchen waiting to go and he looked at me and said "that is the most beautiful coat ever!"  I think I've been taking it for granted, just turn to it when I need a coat, always looks right over jeans or a dressy outfit. 

When I am wearing it out and about it's a given that someone compliments me on it, just as they always do the fish necklaces.

The new longer trench fits me even better and I adore it.  Same size 18 as the original.

With that said, I know I am lucky as how in the world can one coat in the same size fit all our different shapes?