Honored Contributor

Re: LINEA = Highest Customer Top Rated Fashion Line on QVC 12/15/20

I searched for "Customer Top Rated."  There are 245.  Of those 27 are Linea.  15 are Isaac.  Susan Graver 18.

Isaac presents many more pieces and is on-air many more times than Louis, but only has 15 top rated out of 245.  Why is he still at QVC or any of the others with low ratings?

Honored Contributor

@designista wrote:

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio has a loyal following and is "Customer Top Rated" according to QVC on 12/15/20.  With such a record of qualiity, craftsmanship, forward thinking and good fit, the QVC decision to drop the Linea line is an insult not only to long time followers, but all the new devotees who have recently posted and left reviews.

QVC has pigeonholed Louis Dell'Olio's designs and talent with artificial constraints.  At Anne Klein he was solely responsible for desgining the Anne Klein Collection including couture; serving as creative driector for Anne Klein II and A-Line; and the design and development of ten Anne Klein licensed products. He understands the needs of women from upscale to every day life and has designed for them.

The following shows the QVC "Customer Top Rated" fashion items compared to the number of items in inventory on 12/15/20 for each brand:

Linea, Louis Dell'Olio 37/215 = 17.2% Top Rated

Quacker Factory 21/219 = 9.6%

Bob Mackie 11/127 = 8.7%

Joan Rivers 16/259 = 6.2%

LOGO 30/740 = 4.0%

Denim &CO. 31/800 = 3.9%

belle, Kim Gravel 19/494 = 3.8%

Laurie Felt 9/236 = 3.8%

Lisa Rinna 7/209 = 3.3%

Women w/Control 14/437 = 3.2%

Peace Love World 4/131 = 3.0%

Halston 2/68 = 2.9%

Susan Graver 27/1009 = 2.7%

G.I.L.I. 5/200 = 2.5%

Dujour 2/89 = 2.2%

Isaac Mizrahi 20/959 = 2.0%

AnyBody 2/138 =1.4%

Dennis Basso 2/185 = 1.0%

CuddlDuds 2/186 = 1.0%

NYDJ 3/348 = 0.8%

Barefoot Dreams 0/117

Martha Stewart 0/105

Tolani 0/77

Brooke Shields 0/37

Stylist by Micaela 0/29

Rachel Hollis 0/19

Jason Wu 0/18

@designista   That's some awesome research.  Thank you

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee.  We don't have the most important figures - sales.  We'll never see them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee.  We don't have the most important figures - sales.  We'll never see them.

@Kachina624 

Lol.  Yes, true; however, QVC didn't give him the budget, on-air time, or promote him like they did other designers.  They handicapped him.  There's no way he could produce similar sales; however, from what I remember, his new items often sold out in the past.   

Retailers have been complaining about declining clothing sales for over 3 years.  

Then, we had Covid-19 when apparel sales plummeted across all retailers.  In April they dropped 82%.  They are still down by about 20-30%.  

Am I to believe it was only Linea that declined and not Bob Mackie, Renee Greenfeld, Quacker Factory, and other designers QVC doesn't own.  

Wasn't it just last Fall or early this year, QVC gave Louis a separate budget for his jewelry?  All was well, then.

I just noticed new Martha Stewart dishes just arrived.  So, I guess she hasn't been shown the door as suspected. 

Maybe, Louis also needs to design home products like Dennis Basso and Jill Martin.  HA!  Who doesn't need a furry throw after QVC already stuffed customers' homes with cozy, cozy?  He's Italian, how about some Italian foods on the side?  Spaghetti, lasagna, and Italian Creme Cake?

I can only speculate why he was chosen.  Expressed my opinion why in a previous post and still think it's valid.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee.  Others may also be lost as contracts end.  I imagine they're compelled to keep vendors until the end of their contracts.  Things are changing, that's for sure.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@FoxxeeOthers may also be lost as contracts end.  I imagine they're compelled to keep vendors until the end of their contracts.  Things are changing, that's for sure.

@Kachina624 

That's true.  

One important thing I forgot to say in my previous post about sales volume.  

You probably know, Louis described himself as a boutique designer, not one who would appeal to a large audience.  This is true of high-end designers which he was at one time.  

QVC knew this when they initially approached him, so if they were expecting a high sales volume, someone was mistaken.  However, he could have reached more buyers if QVC put a little effort into it.  

Despite the category he places himself in, I never thought his pieces were so different or high priced some wouldn't appeal to a wider audience.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

not to mention that there are MANY people who do not leave reviews on items they purchased......good or bad or anything in between.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It should also be noted that there has over the years been a degree of collusion among Linea customers to rate Louis' clothing high, and I've seen criticism when some fail to do so.

Oh for Pete's sake!  Do you EVER have anything nice to say??  

I can't believe anyone was pressured to write a good review if they weren't happy with the clothing. That is absurd. His clothing is definitely the Highest Top Rated & always has been.

Kachina624,

Not once has anybody ever twisted my arm to get me to write a positive review of Louis' pieces. 

Louis always got high marks because his clothing was beautifully designed and carefully constructed.  Also, we Linea Ladies have been able to connect with Louis like no other designer I know of at QVC. 

Louis often would ask us what we would like (and in what colors) and gave us what we requested whenever it was possible. 

I have always felt that Louis (and his late, dear wife, Jac) truly cared about Linea customers and honestly worked in their best interest.  I know of no other designers at QVC (or anywhere else, for that matter) who display this attitude of true customer service like Louis does.

Regarding people being pressured to give positive reviews or that there somehow was some sort of "collusion" in this regard, I, myself, absolutely, positively have not seen that to be true in the many years I have been following Louis.  

Those of you who have come to know me over the years know that I am not one to be critical of other posters, but I felt strongly that I had to stand up for Louis, Jac, and all the other Linea Ladies.  Please forgive me if I have been too harsh in my comments.  But it truly pains me, though, to see someone insinuate such derogatory things about an amazing designer (and wonderful human being) and his customers, the Linea Ladies, who genuinely love his creations.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You would think this rating would stand for something, but I guess it doesn't. If there were many lines that looked like Linea I could understand them choosing the most successful of the group, but Linea has no peers. There is no other vendor that comes close to having what Linea has. There is absolutely no other vendor that offers the variety and quality of the Linea jewelry, and that will be gone too. It leaves a huge hole in what QVC offers which is a lot of repetition. The same stuff over and over and over. Linea will be sorely missed. I resent having to go elsewhere, spending a lot more money to get something that isn't even the equal of Linea, but I will. I'm done with QVC after I make my final Linea purchases. Unfortunately I'm an xxs/xs and the choices are getting very limited, so that day will be coming sooner rather than later. I guess loosing customers is as meaningful to QVC as Louis' Customer Rating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marilyn,

Thank heavens I bought my fair share of Linea and have a lavish number of pieces to last me to the end of time, but I have nowhere to shop now.  My backup the last several years has been Lord & Taylor, and now they are gone.  There are no specialty boutiques in my local mall; I do have an Ann Taylor, and sometimes (but rarely) I find what I want there.   They certainly do not have the variety and beauty that Linea offered, however, when I do find something.

No more the excitement of viewing Louis's latest collection.  No more delighting at the sight of his gorgeous fashions and jewelry.

I'm going to miss the Linea line and Louis deeply, more than I can satisfactorily express.   Look elsewhere on QVC?  You've gotta be kidding!  The only thing that will take any money from my pockets will be a rare casual top from Denim & Co.  That's it.  Period.  No threat -- just the honest truth.