Super Contributor

Re: LINEA: 'Another Look' From Louis' Blog

Very pretty. I'm so glad Louis is doing these second looks. It's easier than searching QVC.
Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

I have this in the navy and have sort of forgotten about it but this made me go get it out to the front and I will wear it soon.  I feel it runs true to size, even a bit generous (I am xl).  

It's a gorgeous top, the lace is very pretty!  I would like more colors, including, dare I say, the traditional ivory.

Thanks for your thoughts on the fit.  While yellow would be my last choice (even though I love Louis's yellow), I may try it in my usual size. 

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO

My sons almost snorted their drinks through their noses when I told them about the lace trend!  My husband said, "I thought you said, lace honey".  I told him I did.  His mouth dropped open and said he'd pass thank you very much!

I have this top in aqua and wear it with the aqua ankle jeans and a WK aqua sweater tied around my shoulders.  I like how it elevates the look of a simple pair of jeans.  That lace is incredibly soft on the skin too.  What a flattering color!  I have the yellow saved in my wish list, I don't know why I haven't puklled the trigger yet.  I'm probably just waiting to be cajoled by one of the fabulous Linea ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love yellow it's such a happy color.  I don't know why I am just ordering this lace top in yellow it's been on my radar since day one.  I already have all the other yellow items I could grab..... the denim pencil skirt, the mockneck, the cardigan, the double breasted dress he did a couple of years ago I think.  I didn't get the yellow denim jacket....yet!

Oh and how could I forget the yellow 3/4 sleeve cardigan!

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO@wildcat fan

I'm glad DH likes to wear pink shirts and polos. Lace-- I don't think so.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

@GraceCO

My sons almost snorted their drinks through their noses when I told them about the lace trend!  My husband said, "I thought you said, lace honey".  I told him I did.  His mouth dropped open and said he'd pass thank you very much!

I have this top in aqua and wear it with the aqua ankle jeans and a WK aqua sweater tied around my shoulders.  I like how it elevates the look of a simple pair of jeans.  That lace is incredibly soft on the skin too.  What a flattering color!  I have the yellow saved in my wish list, I don't know why I haven't puklled the trigger yet.  I'm probably just waiting to be cajoled by one of the fabulous Linea ladies!

LOL. I'm not at all surprised by your guys' reaction to lace. I suspect it will be a short-lived trend for designers who go there for men. But, the silver lining may be we can shop the lace stuff on deep discount in the mens' departments.Woman Wink

I was slow to pull the trigger on the indigo top & sadly that color sold out pretty quickly. I should look at what's left in my size...love the aqua. Your outfit sounds so pretty--a column of color is always so chic/elegant.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@GraceCO@wildcat fan

I'm glad DH likes to wear pink shirts and polos. Lace-- I don't think so.

That IS nice. I've noticed more & more men wearing pink polos, shirts, sweaters, ties, etc. I wonder if they on some level associate it with the pink for breast cancer awareness? Maybe that's a stretch...whatever the reason, I like the disappearance of gender-specific colors.

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO

He just likes how pink looks on him-- with gray suits or gray dress pants. He doesn't own gray shorts (yet!)

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO@JustJazzmom

I think as wives/partners, once we've convinced them to try pink, wether in a shirt or a polo, they find it a very flattering color.  It's complimentary to so many other colors in their wardrobes too.  Mine has realized he just really needs to trust my sense of fashion and taste! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

those tank tops are beautiful, especially the darker ones. But...

Reading his.... posts...................... always makes.... me want........................................................................to scream.