Respected Contributor

LINEA: 'Another Look' From Louis' Blog

[ Edited ]

FEBMAR7

FEBMAR4

FEBMAR3

FEBMAR6

print7

………………….LACE, LACE and more LACE……………….If you think for one second Lace is on the down low…..think again. Lace is going to be one of the strongest… if not the strongest trend for next resort and spring…..and not just for women…..you heard me right. I have never seen so much LACE being done for men as I have seen this season, right now on the runways…..I hear you…. lace for men??!! Well not for me, and I would guess not for your guys either, but it is happening, and from some of the most famous designers doing menswear……..All that aside Lace for women is going to be stronger than ever…..so I thought these lace tops and skirts definitely deserved another LOOK……..A252346 is the LACE TOP, and A252347 is the LACE SKIRT. Frankly, I think the skirts are more fun for day with a T shirt and sandals….or as above with the matching WK jersey sweaters and jean jackets….which is all very much part of the more casual scene. The Lace tops match my jeans in the yellow and Aqua as well as the jean jackets. If all that color is too much for you….the answer to that is easy…..WHITE WHITE WHITE….. Of course nothing would be prettier than matching the top with the skirt for a two piece dress look….perfect for a summer wedding. You will never find lace with dyed to match separates like you will right here with Linea……………It’s all very custom, and VERY DESIGNER…….If you already own it you are WAY ahead of the game…..If you are new to Linea……….this deserves more than……….another LOOK!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LINEA: 'Another Look' From Louis' Blog

Surprised to hear about the lace trend for men! I don't think any of my guys will go for that.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wildcatfan

That's a stretch...No way my husband & sons would do lace, either.

Super Contributor

Missed this and went to look in hopes of buying but nearly all the sizes are sold out in everything except yellow. bummer. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BesottedwithEskies

I noticed that too...just the yellow is available. But, if you love yellow, the top is really pretty! The lace is so soft...

ETA: breee points out (below) there's more inventory in the lace skirt. Best range of sizes in the yellow and aqua; limited in navy.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do have the aqua lace top which I wear with the aqua Linea jean jacket and white jeans.  I ordered that in small.  I ordered my normal Linea size in the top.  If I had gone by the click here measurements on the top I should have ordered a medium based on the chest measurements! 

I purchased the aqua skirt in the xs at the same time and it was a very loose fit.  I returned the skirt.  It looked like the xxs would work, but I did not want to chance it. I think the click here measurements on the skirt are accurate. 

Edited to add:  There are more color options available in the lace skirt.

Respected Contributor

@breee wrote:

I do have the aqua lace top which I wear with the aqua Linea jean jacket and white jeans.  I ordered that in small.  I ordered my normal Linea size in the top.  If I had gone by the click here measurements on the top I should have ordered a medium based on the chest measurements! 

I purchased the aqua skirt in the xs at the same time and it was a very loose fit.  I returned the skirt.  It looked like the xxs would work, but I did not want to chance it. I think the click here measurements on the skirt are accurate. 

Edited to add:  There are more color options available in the lace skirt.

Thanks for adding that, breee.

Respected Contributor

For those that have this, how do you feel the top runs?  I'm usually an XXS, but some items I need an XS.  For instance, the denim vest armholes were way too small on the XXS, I had to go up.  A few other tops that I can't think of I had to size up.  Just curious if anyone has any input. 

I sure wish this was available in the aqua and navy, you snooze you lose.  But I may have to get the yellow to go with my milano knit 3/4 sleeve zip front cardigan.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have this in the navy and have sort of forgotten about it but this made me go get it out to the front and I will wear it soon.  I feel it runs true to size, even a bit generous (I am xl).  

It's a gorgeous top, the lace is very pretty!  I would like more colors, including, dare I say, the traditional ivory.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@Wildcatfan

That's a stretch...No way my husband & sons would do lace, either.

ITA....no way no how would my husband or son do lace.