Frequent Contributor

Louis himself said his line has been dropped!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: LINEA: A Suggested Action Plan

@Foxxee @Seka   I coulden't get past "his self "ether.  Clearly someone who has no clue, and should not be allowed to answer correspondence.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The rep might have meant that his current items will still be available.  Louis wrote in his blog that there will be no new items next year and no reorders of current items are planned.  It will probably like Joan Rivers where current inventory is aired from time to time.  I've got my wish list of current items and as things go on sale or there is a free shipping day, I'll be grabbing them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the reply I received:

Hello, Grace.  Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we always appreciate hearing from you as to what we do right or how we can improve our service.  Thank you for the feedback regarding the discontinuation of the Linea line.  QVC always want our customers to have an exceptional experience and are sorry you were disappointed. To address your concerns, your feedback will be reviewed by the appropriate team leaders. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and shopping with QVC.

Patti     

QVC Customer Care

I think the action plan @blinddogs has suggested is a good one. Decision makers call the shots on a big move like this one. If there's a chance for QVC management to reconsider, this is the way to go.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Bravo, blinddogs!  What a wonderfully written post.

If anything, the Linea Ladies can use your information to express their acute disappointment in QVC's not following the "curated" aspect of their stated mission.

Perhaps focusing on our determination to halt spending money that benefits the parent company or any of its offshoots will drive the point home that QVC has made an egregious error in dropping the Linea line.

@golding76 @blinddogs 

With the leadership of blinddogs and a couple more ladies, we went through this before.  We might not win but this is worth a fight.  I never give up my race until I have thrown in my last vote.

Honored Contributor

@moto wrote:

@Seka wrote:

I sent my Feedback to the Q - here’s the response I received....I’ve X’d out the names....

QVC Customer Care Response

Today at 2:36 PM

Hello XXXX,

I’m very sorry we haven’t made a decision to get rid of the Linea by Louis Dell'Olio line. Mr Louis Dell'Olio will no longer be presenting his line his self. It will be another guest in his place. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. We truly appreciate it when customers take time to provide us with open and honest opinions about our products and services. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Kind Regards,

XXXX

QVC Customer Care

46F20F1B-E74E-4535-9B5D-84B25370664E.jpeg

Sounds as if those of us who learned from Louis himself have insider info and the staff at QVC don't have this information. 

@moto @blinddogs 

This appears to be a robo response from a middle management person who is not a part of the decision-making process and who will know of the plan about the same time as the rug is jerked from under the feet of the Louis fan base.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Seka wrote:

I sent my Feedback to the Q - here’s the response I received....I’ve X’d out the names....

Hello XXXX,

I’m very sorry we haven’t made a decision to get rid of the Linea by Louis Dell'Olio line. Mr Louis Dell'Olio will no longer be presenting his line his self. It will be another guest in his place. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. We truly appreciate it when customers take time to provide us with open and honest opinions about our products and services. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Kind Regards,

XXXX

QVC Customer Care

@Seka 

Unbelievable!  This response is behind the times. 

Looks like all of our Feedback stopped with CS reps instead of sent to decision makers.  Note use of "his self" instead of "himself."

@Foxxee 

Over the past 10 years, I have come to expect that English will be written and spoken as the author sees/hears it.  I was told by the powers that be in the English Department of an ivy league university (reasons for this conversation I must not reveal) that English will be spoken as it is in California; that is a state in which there are so many languages and dialects spoken, which would make it difficult to ever consolidate them and have everyone understand one form of speaking as quickly as people move in and out of California.  So we will learn to write and speak as it is understood and in different ways by various speakers and authors, and this will be far different than in the past as there will be no wrong way as long as it is comprehensible, but it will be far better for all parties (I am supposing reader and writer).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Seka wrote:

Hello XXXX,

Kind Regards,

XXXX

QVC Customer Care

@Seka 

Unbelievable!  This response is behind the times. 

Looks like all of our Feedback stopped with CS reps instead of sent to decision makers.  Note use of "his self" instead of "himself."

@Foxxee 

Over the past 10 years, I have come to expect that English will be written and spoken as the author sees/hears it.  I was told by the powers that be in the English Department of an ivy league university (reasons for this conversation I must not reveal) that English will be spoken as it is in California; that is a state in which there are so many languages and dialects spoken, which would make it difficult to ever consolidate them and have everyone understand one form of speaking as quickly as people move in and out of California.  So we will learn to write and speak as it is understood and in different ways by various speakers and authors, and this will be far different than in the past as there will be no wrong way as long as it is comprehensible, but it will be far better for all parties (I am supposing reader and writer).

@Nonametoday 

So, California sets the standard even if it's incorrect?  All other states are to follow suit?  Who gave this university or any university the right to make this determination?  Where are our English teachers?

I can understand foreigners have some difficulty, but there are some who commonly say "his self" who have been here since birth, so have their parents, grandparents, and so on, and attended English classes in our schools. 

Thanks for passing this on...it's interesting and not surprising, but IMO, this university is PC, most are, making excuses for poor English.  

Esteemed Contributor

@moto wrote:

@Seka wrote:

Hello XXXX,

Kind Regards,

XXXX

QVC Customer Care

Sounds as if those of us who learned from Louis himself have insider info and the staff at QVC don't have this information. 

QVC customer service reps are not familiar with any of the products I have interacted with them on.  They can barely pronounce the name of the products when they read them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: cvRe: LINEA: A Suggested Action Plan

@tipsy wrote:

@Grammie Becky wrote:

I got the same message yesterday expressing their regret about dropping Linea........just want to ask.......Does Louis want to continue or is he in agreement witth QVC?

I was wondering the same thing

My read is he was not ready to go.  

These are key excerpts from his statement: "It is with profound sadness that I am compelled to tell you QVC has made the choice, not mine, to end its’ relationship with the Linea brand. Dec of 2020 will be the last Linea product delivered to QVC.  ...  It has been explained to me that due to the closing of QVC3 and QVC2 all of the existing brands would have to be scheduled into the QVC1 programming. They will also be introducing “new” brands that will have to be scheduled into the QVC1 programming. I can only assume there isn’t room to accommodate Linea. From what I understand choices were also made due to a brands volume. These are QVC owned brands that naturally would get priority………I have always said Linea is a “Boutique, Specialty Brand”, meaning it was designed for a certain customer, not for everyone. ... I have never been a jean and tee shirt “designer” .... It will be difficult for me to put my pencils and paper away, but all good things must come to an end, and the end is at hand………..The ability to touch so many women’s lives by making them feel beautiful and more confident about themselves has given me a true life’s purpose……….I sincerely hope, with the passing of time, we do not drift apart"

He wrote at length about those he would miss.  

As he first posted this message several months ago, and then deleted it, perhaps he has come to terms with the decision.  But the blog encourages people to write to him, which, in case you don't know, you can, in his blog. He wrote he would coninue responding to messages until they stopped.

Very moving.  Link to LDO complete blog post: http://www.louisdellolio.com/blog/?p=24841